The 'Muse Should Cover A Queen Song' thread

Beepee

...okaaayy this is weird. last night I had a thought: Muse should totally do a Queen tribute at Wembley and cover a song.THE WHOLE OF WEMBLEY SINGING WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!..that would be soooo fucking amazingly great. Then I saw this thread. hmmm....musers having the same brain waves/frequencies (sp?).....:stunned: Muse have secretly been brainwashing us with their music - so they can send us messages (e.g.covering a queen song would be a good idea, the government is taking over lets attack, the zetas are coming!!!!:eek::eek::eek:....DUM,DUM..DUUUMMM.....

• 6 months later...

I hope they won't cover Queen. Muse couldn't do it as good as Queen, aswell as nobody can do a good cover of Muse. Although 'Feeling Good' is an excellent song, but mainly because they made it their own...On second thought, maybe they could cover Queen if they made it 100 % 'Muse-like'?

To all those that have mentioned Bohemian Rhapsody... I completely disagree. Everything about Queen as a band was poured into the heart of that song, no other band could capture that. And to be fair, for that reason, I don't think even Muse could pull off a better version.

I'd like to see them have a bash at THE SHOW MUST GO ON. Muse-like in alot of ways, imo.

Chaz

I Want To Break Free, without a doubt. First off, the band obviously likes playing the song (they've done the instrumental live many times). Second, it would be perfect for Matt's voice.

+1

but they should also cover the video!!! I'd kill to see Matt cleaning the house, Dom cooking and Chris reading a newspaper all dressed up like women!!

...okaaayy this is weird. last night I had a thought: Muse should totally do a Queen tribute at Wembley and cover a song.THE WHOLE OF WEMBLEY SINGING WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!..that would be soooo fucking amazingly great. Then I saw this thread. hmmm....musers having the same brain waves/frequencies (sp?)..... Muse have secretly been brainwashing us with their music - so they can send us messages (e.g.covering a queen song would be a good idea, the government is taking over lets attack, the zetas are coming!!!!....DUM,DUM..DUUUMMM.....

I had the same thought some weeks ago!!! and optimism should definetly be a religion!;)

• 1 year later...

I still stand by Brighton Rock. My favourite Queen song is Somebody To Love, but I don't think Matt could do it anywhere near as well as Freddie. Sorry :( As mentioned in the other thread, Innuendo would be cool too. Maybe My Melancholy Blue from the News Of The World album would be cool, with Matt bluesing away on the piano :D

who wants to live forever is a bit musey

Actually know you mention it. It suits Matt's voice well.

And the invisible man would be hilarious!!!

Imagine Matt singing that!! "I'm the invisible man ooo"

lmao!

• 3 years later...

Archived