The 'Muse Should Cover A Queen Song' thread

Beepee

• 5 years later...

Wow, this goes waaaaaay back! (someone calling Muse a deep band)...

Boy, did they change in 14 years.

I'd like to revise my suggestion though.

I'd put my money on Scandal, which was a minor hit and suits them perfectly.

Would love to hear what Matt does to that guitar sound.

I have a hunch that if Muse ever covered Queen, they'd go for higher recognition. I imagine we would get BH, Don't Stop Me Now, or Radio Gaga. All of which would be pretty sweet, imo. I will also second whoever suggested Who Wants To Live Forever and/or Prophet's Song.

A Muse version of Both-Rhap would either be totally different and wild and maybe not work but also maybe be totally epic...or it would be like P!ATD version, just a different vocal and basically the same backing track.

But Queen's catalogue is a gold mine for stuff Muse would sound great covering. Imagine what they would do to Bring Back That Leroy Brown :LOL:

I have a hunch that if Muse ever covered Queen, they'd go for higher recognition. I imagine we would get BH, Don't Stop Me Now, or Radio Gaga. All of which would be pretty sweet, imo. I will also second whoever suggested Who Wants To Live Forever and/or Prophet's Song.

How do you think they would handle the vocal interlude? Would Matt just go for it? Maybe add a vocoder backing choir? Maybe not do it all a cappella?

Can we get them to do this now?

How do you think they would handle the vocal interlude? Would Matt just go for it? Maybe add a vocoder backing choir? Maybe not do it all a cappella?Imagine what they would do to Bring Back That Leroy Brown

Normally I would say he would keep it as close to the original as possible, but now we live in a post-Jools Dig Down era of Muse where I literally have no idea what to expect. With that said, I would die the happiest Muse/Queen fan if they covered "Leroy Brown".

Archived