How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

He's not doing Queen.

Only Queen have done Queen.

He's doing Muse, which sometimes shares sonic similarities.

No one complains when something sounds like Rage...

That's because anyone can do rage and do it well. Only Queen can do Queen.

I have absolutely never been one to complain about Muse lyrics... 99.9% of all music out there is much, much worse, it sounds good, and Matt can write about whatever the f(can we swear here?) he wants.

(and I've noticed a hate for any song that may be a little... over romantic...? Maybe.)

However... so far this song is making something hurt deep in my stomach and brain. I'll give it a go when I get home, though.

I get that it's literally written about the Olympics, and maybe that's just not my thing.

I'm so heartbroken it's not Unsustainable, still.

The Queen comparisons are bullshit. Some of the Resistance stuff definitely was Queen-y but if it weren't for Bells' voice in places, Survival would be nothing like Queen. When have you ever heard Queen do a riff like that? :LOL:

I have absolutely never been one to complain about Muse lyrics... 99.9% of all music out there is much, much worse, it sounds good, and Matt can write about whatever the f(can we swear here?) he wants.

(and I've noticed a hate for any song that may be a little... over romantic...? Maybe.)

However... so far this song is making something hurt deep in my stomach and brain. I'll give it a go when I get home, though.

I get that it's literally written about the Olympics, and maybe that's just not my thing.

I'm so heartbroken it's not Unsustainable, still.

Also bear in mind this track will replace MOTP, TiRO, Blackout, and various those other gems that will barely get played anymore.

Archived