How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I think by the end of the tour everyone is going to love this song. It's T2L's Knights of Cydonia. Hilarious epic and cheesy stadium lyrics, guitar parts for the crowd to hum along to, badass mosh riffage, Matt's legendary falsetto wail etc...

What isn't to love about this song? Only Muse can write something both this hilariously cheesy and musically epic at the same time.

I thought this was a huge WTF the first time I heard it, but months later, I think I actually like the song (especially compared to my least favourite songs on the album so far...). It's so over the top and cheesy, but it's a freaking Olympics song - did anyone expect anything less?! :LOL:

Haha! was just watching The Making Of. I had an idea that "so I told you" was "I told you so" plus what it might refer to, but couldn't say on here for obvious reasons. Didn't hear what the female choir was singing but "I told you and you didn't listen". I think we can make a very good guess what that was about!! :LOL: And Matt laughing manically! OMG :LOL: Plus I think Dom is looking pretty annoyed! :chuckle:

Haha! was just watching The Making Of. I had an idea that "so I told you" was "I told you so" plus what it might refer to, but couldn't say on here for obvious reasons. Didn't hear what the female choir was singing but "I told you and you didn't listen". I think we can make a very good guess what that was about!! :LOL: And Matt laughing manically! OMG :LOL:

wut

The female choir (the male one too, later) goes "you were warned and didn't listen"

The first part goes "told you, so I"

I didn't get your point though :LOL:

Am I the only one who thinks this song has been really bad live so far?

Second half with riffage is not bad, but the beginning... quite sloppy IMHO. The choir was also weird in the Roundhouse performance. I was wondering whether that was a backing track or some fancy effect on Chris' voice. :wtf:

Second half with riffage is not bad, but the beginning... quite sloppy IMHO. The choir was also weird in the Roundhouse performance. I was wondering if this is a backing track or some fancy effect on Chris voice. :wtf:

Pretty sure if was vocal effects. I found the solos to be really sloppy too. Then there's the part where Matt can't finish a word.

Archived