How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

oh well...I've been waiting for it for an entire day, so screw this. I'm just gonna retreat to my room, put on headphones and listen to it for myself. headphones sound better than my stupid tv anyway :phu: hah. sweet vengeance.

I don't think I even get Eurosport. If it's played everywhere else but the BBC I suppose it isn't too bad. It's mainly just us British not hearing it. Is it being played on Sky Sport?

I would like to hear it myself (I haven't heard it once) but I'm more concerned that it is getting the coverage promised.

Knights on the Merlin trailer is really cool though.

I wonder why the BBC aren't using it. The music they are using isn't anything special. Perhaps because Survival is full on and the song can rarely be used for Team GB in a positive way.

There were points yesterday when I think Survival would have captured the emotions the athletes were going through, though not in a celebratory way. I had Survival in my mind, even if they weren't playing it. I was thinking how it was spot on.

I don't think I even get Eurosport. If it's played everywhere else but the BBC I suppose it isn't too bad. It's mainly just us British not hearing it. Is it being played on Sky Sport?

I would like to hear it myself (I haven't heard it once) but I'm more concerned that it is getting the coverage promised.

Knights on the Merlin trailer is really cool though.

I wonder why the BBC aren't using it. The music they are using isn't anything special. Perhaps because Survival is full on and the song can rarely be used for Team GB in a positive way.

There were points yesterday when I think Survival would have captured the emotions the athletes were going through, though not in a celebratory way. I had Survival in my mind, even if they weren't playing it. I was thinking how it was spot on.

Haven't heard it once on channel 9 in Australia in about 4 hours of viewing on top of the ceremony. They have used David guetta? extensively though.

yaay I've heard it yesterday night on eurosport, they played it at the end of the gymnastics session when they showed all the results. only 20 seconds or so, the part right after Prelude. well, it wasn't much, but at least it's there!:LOL:

another thing, though. I'm starting to doubt that this song - if it continues to be played this much - would turn the worlds attention to Muse, as it is just one song among many, despite it being the 'official song'. of course the closing ceremony will get them into the spotlight for a short time, but it's not as I imagined it would be (my friends telling me "hey, wasn't that song that was played like a million times by that favorite band of yours?":LOL:)

Archived