Why don't Muse do more dates on their tours?

Sarieberry

I know touring must be exhausting but Muse could easily sell out their tours twice over so why don't they put on more dates?

Every tour is the same, lots of chaos in the days leading up to ticket sales then a mad rush with tickets at most venues selling out within the first hour and thousands of disappointed fans.

Each year I hope they'll put on more dates to ease the pressure but still it's the same...

Anyone know why they keep their tours so tight?

All valid reasons however, the true reason is this:

When Matt was 9 he was visited by a shaman priestess ---

He is still recovering from playing the piano intro for New Born. They need to slowly ease him back into the game.

Call out to MUSE and Musers!

I must say that today is a sort of super grumpy and disgusted mood day for me!

I was rejoicing myself with the fact that you’re coming to Belgium for the gig and was waiting to get my tickets. But looks like I wasn’t lucky enough :mad:

I was on the teleticketservice website at 09h50 and was refreshing my page constantly. But the website was bugging and the gig got sold out in less than 20 minutes…. But it’s not enough to discourage me, so I decided to get the tickets for the Amsterdam gig.

Some additional problems with the website there and I’m still without tickets! So, now I’m extremely sad (just not to say anything else)!

Honestly, I’ve never received a notification for the member ticket application and have seen that only on Monday. Which was, of course, too late.

It’s sort of unfair! Your new album release was announced last Thursday and on the weekend the member ticket application got available. I love MUSE and am a fan but I don’t check up your website every single day. So, I end up without tickets for your gig.

I’m pretty sure that a lot of other people are in the same situation.

MUSE concert was my first ever and I was blown away by the force and energy. I’ve become a fan straight away, I think. Your music is just… great. Whenever I feel bad, I just need MUSE in my ears. On top, my birthday is just 2 days from the Belgian gig, so I was planning a great gift for myself.

So, I leave you imagining my disappointment.

I know, that it’s not your fault that the reseller’s website was overloaded and lots of people didn’t get tickets but you need to consider that you have dozens of fans in Belgium without forgetting all the people from Luxembourg and Netherlands who come over.

On top, I’ve always heard that the Belgian audience is one of the best and I confirm. For your last album I went to Koln (Belgium was sold out) and I do confirm, I’ve had less fun in the crowd.

So, I think that you would make lots of happy people by announcing a second date for Belgium! Please!

I call out to all the Belgian and close by Musers to support the idea of a second date in Belgium! Who knows, we might get it if we’re persistent and persuasive enough! Join in!

Linth

I totally agree with Linth.

I've got the same problem : I was refreshing my page all the time this morning, I was on the right website at 9.45am and I'd made sure creating an account before booking my tickets BUT the website bugged and now, I don't have any ticket (I also tried for the gig in Amsterdam but no places).

Besides the phone number for booking on the website was wrong. So any possibilities that way neither.

I know it's not your fault. I know everybody think that it's unfair. And I'm not really mad because of that.

No. Actually I'm upset because some people just bought the tickets to make money with sales and I can't agree with that (moreover, it's completely illegal). I don't want to buy my tickets on eBay : I don't have enough money and I don't want to buy that illegal and immoral way.

So I'm really disappointed. I'm on a waiting list and I just can cross my fingers to have the chance to go and see Muse on stage...

Yes, 100% with you on this, keriC30.

No to illegal resellers! I'd rather not see/hear Muse than support those people! When you stick to an idea, you should keep it that way.

So MUSE, I know it's not just a matter of a one simple decision (I guess there are dozens of things involved) but can you pelase at least envisage another gig in Belgium?!

This is just the first part of the tour (I'd assume) where they do the first airing of the new material live and get together a stage show that works.

They'll be back in 2013 to do more dates, at more venues, in more places next time around. That tour will probably, most likely, be in the stadiums as well therefore higher capacity too.

That's how most bands are doing it now (by most bands, I am comparing their schedule to the Coldplay dates of their last tour and it seems to be following the same pattern).

This is just the first part of the tour (I'd assume) where they do the first airing of the new material live and get together a stage show that works.

They'll be back in 2013 to do more dates, at more venues, in more places next time around. That tour will probably, most likely, be in the stadiums as well therefore higher capacity too.

That's how most bands are doing it now (by most bands, I am comparing their schedule to the Coldplay dates of their last tour and it seems to be following the same pattern).

Let's hope you're right. Maybe in Werchter next year (but it's not their own stage and it's not the same...)

I totally agree with you...

That would be so great if they could add a date in Belgium...

I really hope that I'll have tickets by the waiting list, even if that seems impossible, I cross my fingers and I wish that they'll make a lot of new dates in 2013 in Belgium and which this time I shall have tickets to see them finally on stage :)

Sorry for my bad english, I do my best but I have some ''gaps'' and I translate with a on-line translator ;)

As far as I'm aware this will be least number of dates ever (in the UK at least) Muse have played after releasing an album. Judging by how quickly the tickets went today, they could easy sell out several more dates across Europe.

If the last few years are anything to go by Muse will only be in the UK next year to play a couple of festivals and one or two stadium shows.

I only hope that the album is good enough to make up for the poor amount of gigs and lack of tickets for me, but if it does turn out to be rubbish I won't have wasted £60 on a gig that will have a fair few songs off the album. :LOL:

• 1 month later...

What they could do is come to Slovakia and play one gig here (for the first time in their lives) in the east preferably as everyone ignores the east and Bratislava is to close to Vienna where they are playing, instead of elegantly ignoring Slovakia on their tour once again (I know there might not be so many fans here) but I am sure people from surrounding countries would come! But I guess we just got used to it, no one ever comes here...supposedly its the economic environment, people would not have enough money for tickets maybe...well reduce the prices for the central/east europe :p

• 4 weeks later...
I'd just like to say how majorly disappointed that Dublin not included on this tour.

I missed them last time round and having been living for them to come back.

But will still endeavour to travel across the pond to see best band EVER!!;);)

And yet another person complaining about this... Muse are doing an extensive tour, they will be back.

They are playing in Spain, who are about as fucked as Greece... I dunno, I think it's more to do with having families and lives, and also the mad stage set-ups needing transporting and setting-up, but I'm sad for Dublin, and other places that don't get gigs as much.

Screw the extravagant stages! In the build up for this album I was excited as they had implied they were gonna go more stripped back but apparently not. They're doing some weird ass pyramid thing this time round aren't they?

EDIT: Lol I missed some pages

Archived