I thought I'd find some more science based images, taking Muse's lead, that I thought would make good cover art (these are all unmodified)

This is a visualisation of all the planets the Kepler telescope has found if they were orbiting one star, coloured according to their temperature from a program called Exo (it works like the screens in Minority Report):

Kepler-exoplanet-candidates.png

This is a similar NASA image of all the Kepler candidates, there's an animated version as well here:

orrery2sa-br.jpg

This is a heat map of a active part of the Sun's surface:

medium.jpg

This is a visualisation of how all the genes of the mustard plant interact:

0045237bade.jpg

This is actually a photograph of a tomato seed:

004524c6602.jpg

This isn't very sciencey but it is real-world, a map of who is friends with who on facebook.

163413_479288597199_8388607_n.jpg

:stunned: those are awesome. But we all know that if they were gonna use something spacey it would by default be this:

nasa_ufo_hubble_telescope_picture.jpg

So here it is. The lining up is horrid but I can't be fucked to make it better. Put some random 2nd Law advertising and the official cover at the end since I had so much space.

http://i.imgur.com/2UN5A.jpg

And if anyone wants a huge as fuck full sized version here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jc6c657s92uxtk

thank you for putting mine in there!!! (planet eye, nuclear power plants, and the weird firework at the bottom left)

thank you for putting mine in there!!! (planet eye, nuclear power plants, and the weird firework at the bottom left)

Well, he did say everything before that post. ;)

I know the official artwork's already out, but I wanted to try and go with the whole science-y thing. The top one is the basic layout of the Pleiades open star cluster, believed by some to contain a planet like ours. The bottom one is a partial of the Orion constellation.

PleiadesT2Lcover.png

Well, he did say everything before that post. ;)

I know the official artwork's already out, but I wanted to try and go with the whole science-y thing. The top one is the basic layout of the Pleiades open star cluster, believed by some to contain a planet like ours. The bottom one is a partial of the Orion constellation.

PleiadesT2Lcover.png

Pleiades <3

Have you seen a telescopic close up of them? So, so beautiful.

Emmental_cheese_close-up_189450.jpg

Wait, is this the Madness cover?

Here is the official artwork with a black background, logo, and title.

the-2nd-law-official.png

Hope it stays like it is now, it looks awful like that :noey:

And that's not on your part, I just mean generally :kiss:

Archived