james90

Phill, did you know I originally was saving up for that guitar as yu said you might sell it fro £1000 or so, but then I realised the MAs were about that much :facepalm: I really love that shape. not as cancerous as MB's if you get what I mean.

Also on the whole Chinese are yellow thing, my family were playing the number plate game once (when you think up of funny 3 word sentences that each word begins with the 3 letters at the end of registration plates on the road) and there was one that was CAY, and my gran, who had kept quiet thoughout the whole trip, suddenly pops out with "Chinese Are Yellow" :chuckle: I love my racist granny.

/offtopic

Just taking some pics of all my gear apart from the Iceman, which I will show you guys once I've finished the work on it.

Sorry for the Bs style post.

At all? You could've sent those pickups to me!

Looks good though - just wish you didn't have to sacrifice the black one to build it :$

edit: You're not still planning on selling that, are you? :awesome:

Barely played it in the last 3 months. Maybe 20 minutes tops.

I much prefer it to the black one though, a worthy sacrifice. I'd like the black one in this shape, that'd look good!

As for selling, as much as I like to I'd be too worried about someone not being 100% happy with it. They'd have to play it first I guess.

Also on the whole Chinese are yellow thing, my family were playing the number plate game once (when you think up of funny 3 word sentences that each word begins with the 3 letters at the end of registration plates on the road) and there was one that was CAY, and my gran, who had kept quiet thoughout the whole trip, suddenly pops out with "Chinese Are Yellow" :chuckle: I love my racist granny.

That's enough - that discussion was supposed to end in the last thread.

In traditional KnT fashion... pics or it's a soldano

Barely played it in the last 3 months. Maybe 20 minutes tops.

I much prefer it to the black one though, a worthy sacrifice. I'd like the black one in this shape, that'd look good!

As for selling, as much as I like to I'd be too worried about someone not being 100% happy with it. They'd have to play it first I guess.

How come? the black one looked great - was there something wrong with it?

And I'll play it next year :awesome:

[ hidden ] picture [ / hidden ]

What's the spec of that tele?! It's awesome!

Thanks. It actually started out as an Xaviere XV-600 from the GFS site. I bought a Warmoth neck for it after I screwed up the original neck trying to level it. Other mods include adding a killswitch, changing the bridge p90 to a GFS Power Rail humbucker (it gets the job done), and adding a mini 3-way switch for parallel/series switching (doesn't work anymore due to my epic soldering skills :facepalm:)...

Warmoth neck specks:

Maple/Rosewood (plain maple, sorry)

SS 6100 frets (i actually ordered 6105, but i couldn't be bothered to send it back and wait again)

10-16 compound radius

Boatneck profile (1" all the way down :eek:)

I also sanded down the original glossy finish to a "tolerable" matte finish.

Veeeery nice gear, I really like that pedalboard.

Is that a Peavey Classic 30 I see? Any more pictures of that?

Indeed it is, but my camera is currently out of commission, sorriez :(

Shame though, I live in an apartment building (seperate houses, but w/ a shared wall) and my windows are single pane, so I never have a chance to crank it up past 3 :(

No they come right out. Plus it makes you look like a hero. A couple of months ago I dropped a pick right at the end of a solo during our last song. I did some one handed coolness while ripping off one of the picks, finsished the solo and then threw the pick into the crowd.

Everyone was like fuck yeah.

No they come right out. Plus it makes you look like a hero. A couple of months ago I dropped a pick right at the end of a solo during our last song. I did some one handed coolness while ripping off one of the picks, finsished the solo and then threw the pick into the crowd.

Everyone was like fuck yeah.

Like a boss

.88mm tortex....I'm not manly enough for those :(

How does that teisco sound?

Like a boss

.88mm tortex....I'm not manly enough for those :(

How does that teisco sound?

.88 Tortex's are just perfect, takes a real man though.

The Teisco sounds nice once you take a bit of time to find some nice settings on the amp that agree with it, but I dont think I'd trust it live. Particularly nice clean, has kind of a thick jangly sound to it. Also good with fuzz but it can tend to squeal a bit.

I've been keeping an eye out for a set of those pickups on ebay for a while but with no luck :(

I've played both .88 and 1.00 (I think - the blue one) before and they did actually both feel really nice. If you want to have the option of strumming and stuff as well though, I'd recommend the .73s as they offer a great overall balance.