james90

nice, what amp is that?

i'm going to redo mine as soon as my whammy 5 gets here. and maybe actually play something this time

Yeah I forgot to mention, it's an old Sessionette 75. Fucking loud, I rarely turn it up past 2 :LOL:

Don't like it much though.

AND DO IT

Super quick gear tour, I can do a more in depth one if people want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6jMGwb1coo

Just watched this - interesting stuff. I recognize some of my old gear haha (MBK-2, custom wound MQ, tube screamer clone, and I think the tuner?)

Are you still using the DB fuzz?

Interesting settings on the DSL. That's pretty much how I have my EQ set, but I haven't really found a good setting for the bass control (seeing as one channel is pretty bassy, and the other isn't). I don't really turn it up past 12 o clock though

I mainly use lead 1 with the gain at about half though. seems to work well for OOS era tones (even though toff recommended lead 2 with the gain turned way up)

MFC - That's not a multi-fx, it's a midi controller that calls patches up from the rack/amp. I did gig a lot a few years back and I do every now and again but I don't have as much time for it these days.

Dom - I'll do a video later of it in action.

James - About half of my gear used to belong to you haha! I'm not using the DB fuzzes anymore, I should really find a new home for them I guess. It's interesting that you say one channel is pretty bassy, both of mine seem quite similar.

MFC - That's not a multi-fx, it's a midi controller that calls patches up from the rack/amp. I did gig a lot a few years back and I do every now and again but I don't have as much time for it these days.

Ah, interesting. I like that rusty MoC! The black one looks weird with a humbucker in the neck position.

James - About half of my gear used to belong to you haha! I'm not using the DB fuzzes anymore, I should really find a new home for them I guess. It's interesting that you say one channel is pretty bassy, both of mine seem quite similar.

Which ones did you have again? I know there was the blue one (black magic). Was there another one? Might be interested in having them back

And yeah, I find the clean channel (including the classic gain mode) pretty bassy compared to the lead channel. I never use the deep switch though...it adds low end, but in all the wrong places (if that makes sense)

What's the spec of that black guitar you built recently? the one with the MQ in the bridge

Which ones did you have again? I know there was the blue one (black magic). Was there another one? Might be interested in having them back

And yeah, I find the clean channel (including the classic gain mode) pretty bassy compared to the lead channel. I never use the deep switch though...it adds low end, but in all the wrong places (if that makes sense)

What's the spec of that black guitar you built recently? the one with the MQ in the bridge

There was the Black Magic and also one called Oscillator which sounds like a Blue Box mixed with a Fuzz Factory. Here are the specs of the black guitar:

Maple neck, rosewood fretboard (soft V profile, gloss finish)

MQ Bridge, generic (but surprisingly nice sounding) HB in the neck

Inbuilt FF and SHO

Kill Switch

Olly.

That thing is bad ass. I like the lack of extra electronics on it. The original Bomber is my fave of Matt's guitars. I just don't like the shape of the later Matt-o-casters, call me a Tele purist. That shape is small and more fits the form and function of a stunt guitar to me.

JT

Cheers, yeah I can't see the point of the fuzz in a guitar so opted out. Very happy with the decision and the final outcome!

Will readin my mind again, have been GAS'in for an M108 for agggeeeesss now, love how it sounded with the muff (that I also have). And @ Tom's vid, everytime i think im closer to understanding how midi setups work I watch a vid n am reminded I dont have a clue, such a super cool setup though!

And MFC weren't you talkin about a SHO before?? :LOL:. You do know that wah probe you owned had one built in.

Will readin my mind again, have been GAS'in for an M108 for agggeeeesss now, love how it sounded with the muff (that I also have). And @ Tom's vid, everytime i think im closer to understanding how midi setups work I watch a vid n am reminded I dont have a clue, such a super cool setup though!

And MFC weren't you talkin about a SHO before?? :LOL:. You do know that wah probe you owned had one built in.

It's amazeeee, I fiddled with it more today, it's incredible how different you can make it sound :LOL: