james90

I just found that a all round book wasnt right for my camera. I know what you mean about the f stops and so on though, its good to have a understanding on how they work and not just click the green button.

The green button on all cameras should set off a lethal charge of internal explosives:)

yea, however when i went from my d300s to my d700 it took me a week to find out how to work it on manual :)

That´s a nice upgrade. The D700 is a very powerful tool in a nicely sized body. I use both D300s and D3s. The D3s is a wonderful camera, especially in low light, but very big and heavy to haul around. That´s a limiting factor more often than I had thought.

That´s a nice upgrade. The D700 is a very powerful tool in a nicely sized body. I use both D300s and D3s. The D3s is a wonderful camera, especially in low light, but very big and heavy to haul around. That´s a limiting factor more often than I had thought.

I looked at the d3, i desided to go with the d700 becuase of the size (cost) the d700 is fantastic at low light aswel, stick it on auto iso to 32000 and let it look after itself most of the time

what programs do you use for photo precessing?

I use photoshop but really i'm no good with a camera. When i said "ill do some gear photos" what I meant was "i'll get my girlfriend..." - she's an actual pro

She uses photo station to sort through shit loads of photos at once and caption etc. Photoshop for most adjustments, but then she also has the Canon software which came with her camera which she likes. Something to do with RAW files.

Here's the "secret" to my gear photos:

- use a shit digital cam (older panasonics had a really noisy ccd)

- turn up the contrast and saturation

- blend a red/green gradient map with the original photo

- do that dark edges/vignette effect stuff or optional fish eye too

- add some noise

It will look kinda like this:

hipstalolpsres.jpg

From now on i will use a Lomo i think, it sounds fun, you can get a DIY kit for like 10$.

- add some noise

hipstalolpsres.jpg

From now on i will use a Lomo i think, it sounds fun, you can get a DIY kit for like 10$.

HIPSTER POINTS!!!

Hey Bs, do you like the hi res goodness I posted a few pages back?

No?

IMG_1810.jpg

I'm probably gunna get ripped like "U FiNK U NO WUT U TLKIN BOUT" sorta thing. but.. the Fernandes sustainer route always looks rather large to me, like they originally went "Ah! SINGLE COIL" *cuts* ":stunned: Fuck it. SUSTAINER"

wait, they're the same size aren't they...

Point lost. Pretty much the sustainer hole looks kinda big to me :p

- add some noise

hipstalolpsres.jpg

I should hipsterfy this then?

297300_10150914924365008_609850007_21404056_1089383157_n.jpg

I'm probably gunna get ripped like "U FiNK U NO WUT U TLKIN BOUT" sorta thing. but.. the Fernandes sustainer route always looks rather large to me, like they originally went "Ah! SINGLE COIL" *cuts* ":stunned: Fuck it. SUSTAINER"

It is a bigger visual route, but the same on any other single coil guitar. The difference is that when you see a single coul on a strat or tele, it's generally under a pickguard. So you don't see the outer ears of the pickguard where the screws go.

It is a bigger visual route, but the same on any other single coil guitar. The difference is that when you see a single coul on a strat or tele, it's generally under a pickguard. So you don't see the outer ears of the pickguard where the screws go.

Yeah, it needs to be routed for the screws on either side too. If they're under a pickguard or pickup surround you don't see them, but without either, you just have to leave with the gap either side. It's the same with all guitars that are done like that though.

Like so...

Edited by Bs

Note to self: don´t stop by the local music store to test nice guitars when you´re that bad at saying NO!!

Always wanted a Fender Telecaster but never had one. Played through three guitars thoroughly for an hour: an American Special, an American Deluxe and an American Standard. The last one REALLY felt good in my hands and sounded killer. So it eventually ended up leaving the store with me.

It´s an American Standard, natural swamp ash finish.

Just love how clean and woody it looks.

6722239775_07ddbf6c9d_z.jpg