Stark Guitars & Equipment

Lord MFC

Yeah, just saw those :awesome: color is slightly lighter in those pictures than it is in real life - it's one of those many guitars that are difficult to photograph!

You can see the picture of the neck joint on there - it has really easy upper fret access

looks great, i have never seen a joint like that.

James the scratches on the head stock are simple, When I worked with Sadowsky guitars ( known for their Archtops which have gloss black headstocks ) I was told just rubbing a finger on gloss black could put a scratch on it , They avoid touching ALL gloss black headstocks and clean it off with high pressure air hoses.

James the scratches on the head stock are simple, When I worked with Sadowsky guitars ( known for their Archtops which have gloss black headstocks ) I was told just rubbing a finger on gloss black could put a scratch on it , They avoid touching ALL gloss black headstocks and clean it off with high pressure air hoses.

That's interesting. Do they paint the headstocks black or do they use a completely separate black overlay? (like on a gibson). This appears to be a separate overlay.

To be honest, I didn't notice the scratches at all until Olly mentioned them. I can't really see them in real life.

yeah most likely none the less its a sick guitar. James you seem to get a new guitar every other day what the hell do you do sell drugs? lol

just savings really (which I have to start worrying about soon)

And it really is. It took a while to be built, but it was definitely worth it.

Sadowsky paints the headstocks with gloss black and after that they just dont touch it haha, Just installing the tuners is an extreme operation , They pay high attention to details that most luthiers dont , ( not saying it makes them better haha ) , When they do the work on the nut of the guitar they put a plastic template over the headstock so they dont touch or scratch the headstock. Its no big deal you probably barely see the scratches , Id love to see this guitar in person tho.

What about us(probably just me) that arent on the book of face? Tis a lovely colour, reminds me of a TVR. What bridge did you use, edge III? And thoughts on the miracle man, been tempted by that for a while.

cyfo_diaz.. :noey: well, if you can't see the pictures without an account, try these

OS1full.jpg

OS-1bodyfull.jpg

OS-1frontangle.jpg

OS-1backfull.jpg

OS-1hstock.jpg

OS-1rearangle.jpg

oh and the bridge is a lo pro

Beautiful I still dont get where you manage the money for all the mansons and starks Lol

It's my 18th in less than 4 months. I'm sure James will want to buy those two guitars I posted in the general luthiery thread for me :awesome:

In return I'll send him my DS1. Fair deal I think

cyfo_diaz.. :noey: well, if you can't see the pictures without an account, try these

OS1full.jpg

OS-1bodyfull.jpg

OS-1frontangle.jpg

OS-1backfull.jpg

OS-1hstock.jpg

OS-1rearangle.jpg

oh and the bridge is a lo pro

I refuse to acknowedge facebakes existance! Nice joint :p Ive seen one like that on something else before but cant remember, nicely suited though because the tummy/leg countours to. And +1 on the scratches, theyre gonna happen anyway, and tbh you'd go mad worrying about scratches on that many mansons anyway.

And +1 on the scratches, theyre gonna happen anyway, and tbh you'd go mad worrying about scratches on that many mansons anyway.

"Yay, my new Manson is here!"

*Picks it up and strums it*

"ARGH! NO! I SCRATCHED IT! Ah well...Into the glass case you go...Looks like I need to order another one! :$"

I refuse to acknowedge facebakes existance! Nice joint :p Ive seen one like that on something else before but cant remember, nicely suited though because the tummy/leg countours to. And +1 on the scratches, theyre gonna happen anyway, and tbh you'd go mad worrying about scratches on that many mansons anyway.

Maybe on one of hooglebug's guitars? He has a pretty nice neck joint on these

SAM_0939.jpg

"Yay, my new Manson is here!"

*Picks it up and strums it*

"ARGH! NO! I SCRATCHED IT! Ah well...Into the glass case you go...Looks like I need to order another one! :$"

Haha you should've seen what my les paul looked like at one point. If you've seen Tim Wheeler's black les paul standard, it basically looked like that, but twice as bad :facepalm:

Hopefully none of these guitars will end up like that though...

Haha you should've seen what my les paul looked like at one point. If you've seen Tim Wheeler's black les paul standard, it basically looked like that, but twice as bad :facepalm:

Hopefully none of these guitars will end up like that though...

A well worn guitar can only be a good thing :yesey:

It would be interesting to see a Manson other than one of Matt's beaten up though, they're all so shiny. Olly needs the relic.

A well worn guitar can only be a good thing :yesey:

It would be interesting to see a Manson other than one of Matt's beaten up though, they're all so shiny. Olly needs the relic.

I'm struggling to find a picture of that guitar I mentioned, but mine really looked horrible. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how most of the finish damage happened :facepalm: I got it refinished (in nitro of course) and it looked better than new for a while. Then the neck snapped off.

And none of mine are actually beaten up like that, but they're definitely showing some wear from playing...especially the tele which I've had for almost four years now.

But just look at Jim's MB-1. It's covered in rust...AUTHENTIC rust...

It would be interesting to see a Manson other than one of Matt's beaten up though, they're all so shiny.

To be fair, unless you're Matt, spending thousands of pounds on a guitar generally suggests you're probably going to try and take pretty good care of it! :rolleyes:

Although yeah, I think Jimbo and Olly both posted pictures of the battle scars on their MB-1s at some point. :erm:

To be fair, unless you're Matt, spending thousands of pounds on a guitar generally suggests you're probably going to try and take pretty good care of it! :rolleyes:

Although yeah, I think Jimbo and Olly both posted pictures of the battle scars on their MB-1s at some point. :erm:

Mine just looks like new because of the glitter finish. :awesome: I'm sure if I got a matt(e) black finish it would look pretty battered by now. one of my guitars has a finish similar to the black MB-1s, but maybe a little less durable. it's starting to look a bit worn.

And yeah, I do take good care of them, but any wear I've put on them is pretty much just normal play wear.

Some of my other guitars... not so much. :facepalm:

Archived