Stark Guitars & Equipment

Lord MFC

• 1 year later...
I am considering getting a guitar similar to the chrome bomber made by Stark Guitars... I know that it is Tim that makes them, but has anyone else used them for any custom builds?

Yes I've had one custom built by him, and a second one is currently being built

He doesn't do the mattocaster shape, and I'm not 100% sure if he (or Mansons for that matter) have someone to do chrome finishes at the moment.

Olly. This one: http://musewiki.org/images/MansonChromeBomber.jpg :D

Dominic. I dont want a mattocaster shape exactly :) He has his own solid body shape which is again a modified telecaster type shape here is the picture he sent me

3cbfDvg.jpg

I dare say, I like it more than the MOC shape :O

James. He said it could be done, but would cost in the region of an extra £500 :eek:

Olly. This one: http://musewiki.org/images/MansonChromeBomber.jpg :D

Dominic. I dont want a mattocaster shape exactly :) He has his own solid body shape which is again a modified telecaster type shape here is the picture he sent me

3cbfDvg.jpg

I dare say, I like it more than the MOC shape :O

James. He said it could be done, but would cost in the region of an extra £500 :eek:

Yeah, that's the shape my new one is going to be.

The chrome finishes are expensive - mine was originally going to have a black chrome finish, but the company that does the finish was taking forever to finish a test body so we could see if it was any good. Not sure if they got it back or if it was any good...decided to go with a carbon finish instead

Black chrome sounds sick. If it's anything near as nice as Simno's black mirror it'd look amazing

Yeah, Olly did a mock up of a black chrome MoC (or MA?) a while ago - not sure if you saw it or not. Basically would've been the REAL stealth bomber.

But yeah, only got positive things to say about his work and customer service. If you can afford it, go ahead

Just don't ask for a Sustainer, Fuzz Factory, X-Y midi screen, Midi strip, D beam controller, Piezo/hexpander system, Wah Probe, Boss DD-3, kill switch, cracked mirror front with flashing LED's

:ninja:

Well, you could ask for that and he'd probably be able to do it, but still...I feel that I went a bit overboard on my new one even though it's really only got a few extra features

It's clearly inspired by the MoC... Don't really like the shape, don't know why.

Yeah it is a bit. I like it, it's kind of wacky

Has anyone off the boards ever got an original effect built into their Manson? Like not a FF, XY, MIDI strip, wah probe etc.

to be honest, it reminds me more of something hooglebug would design. I think it's different enough anyway.

edit:

Has anyone off the boards ever got an original effect built into their Manson? Like not a FF, XY, MIDI strip, wah probe etc.

nope, although I've thought about what else was possible. literally can't think of anything that would be useful

to be honest, it reminds me more of something hooglebug would design. I think it's different enough anyway.

Yeah the bottom horn seems sorta Hoogle like

I do like a lot of Tim's guitars. This new shape looks cool. The orange one he made you looked great, shape and colour. Aaaand the original starkcaster with bigsby is one of the nicest looking tele shapes I've ever seen. Maybe one of my favourite guitars of yours next to FF stealth

Yeah the bottom horn seems sorta Hoogle like

I do like a lot of Tim's guitars. This new shape looks cool. The orange one he made you looked great, shape and colour. Aaaand the original starkcaster with bigsby is one of the nicest looking tele shapes I've ever seen. Maybe one of my favourite guitars of yours next to FF stealth

It was more of the offset (?) shape I guess, but I can see what you mean

also, this is what I was referring to a few posts ago

stealthc.jpg

hgngnngngnggn

James that finish is gorgeous :O I think I will go ahead with his shape, it is different enough and similar enough for me to love it :)

Touching on what dominic said, I am wondering if there is anything interesting/useful I could get installed effects wise?

• 1 month later...

Archived