Better to sit or stand at a gig?

muse2503

I'm just wondering if it would be better for me at a Muse gig to stand and be able to dance etc but not have a reserved place, or to sit and book a seat so I know I'll be able to see the stage well. I'm not much of a dancer anyway but I can imagine that if I was seeing them live I would feel like joining in, but I don't know if this would be restricted if I was sitting down :/ What are your opinions on this?

Standing, even if you have the seat, maybe the person in front of you starts to dance... and you will too, if you're not too in love with your seat. And, give a try to this: put some Muse songs and sit. I bet you can't be still; I can't listen to them without moving at least my feet or my hands... so standing would be muche better.

should have been a poll maybe.

I did seats at my first gig and really enjoyed. However, I did general admission the second time and absolutely loved it! I never ever dance but I did at gig but the atmosphere was amazing and really fun so I just kinda got sucked into it.

Just be prepared to stand inline all day if you want a good view for GA. But if you don't really care about being up close then seats or GA would work just fine :p

It's all personal preference really.

Standing, even if you have the seat, maybe the person in front of you starts to dance... and you will too, if you're not too in love with your seat. And, give a try to this: put some Muse songs and sit. I bet you can't be still; I can't listen to them without moving at least my feet or my hands... so standing would be muche better.

should have been a poll maybe.

I was thinking that when I was listening to them last, my foot or hand's always twitching along to the music, and I would have done this as a poll but I'm really quite lazy XD

Standing sounds much more fun, I just wanted to plan this ahead so I know exactly which tickets to book when they announce their next gig I can go to

Just be prepared to stand inline all day if you want a good view for GA. But if you don't really care about being up close then seats or GA would work just fine :p

It's all personal preference really.

Typically...yes you do normally have to wait for ages to get a good spot in the venue, but in February I went to a gig at Wembley Arena, and numerous time went to the back to get a drink (I blacked out on the stairs...like a boss) and then managed to get back like 10 rows from the barrier, and I wasn't even shoving my way past people

Barrier is overrated. You're squished against a metal rail, you can't move and jump with the crowd, and it's one of the worst sounding spots in the venue. I usually go for 10 or so rows back where you don't have every single fan around you belting the lyrics so loud in your ear you can't even hear Bellamy's voice for half the show. One of my best Muse experiences was showing up 20 minutes before doors, moving back and forth between the sound booth/center crowd enjoying drinks when we wanted them, then of course crowd surfing to the front during Knights (to be tackled by barrier security).

Typically...yes you do normally have to wait for ages to get a good spot in the venue' date=' but in February I went to a gig at Wembley Arena, and numerous time went to the back to get a drink (I blacked out on the stairs...like a boss) and then managed to get back like 10 rows from the barrier, and I wasn't even shoving my way past people[/quote']

Good to know :). I'm just speaking from my experience with seats/GA. (and by experience I mean 2 concerts :p). My word isn't going to be as accurate as most of you on here but w/e :p

Good to know :). I'm just speaking from my experience with seats/GA. (and by experience I mean 2 concerts :p). My word isn't going to be as accurate as most of you on here but w/e :p

I didn't mean to suggest your experience wasn't as accurate :) If anything your one is probably more true for most gigs, but then they all vary

I didn't mean to suggest your experience wasn't as accurate :) If anything your one is probably more true for most gigs' date=' but then they all vary[/quote']

Nah I got it. Sorry to cause a misunderstanding :p

Yeah it's hard to say about each gig. I personally like to get there at 7 or 8 A.M. but that's probably not necessary in most cases. (I'm overly cautious :p )

Seats have their up side...you can turn up whenever and not have to queue and you can get some really good views of the stage...if you're lucky with you seat allocation.

Standing is more social though if you're in a group so you can all dance and whatever. Barrier is alright if you can really be bothered.

i was in the 10th-ish row standing at Wembley which is the area the moshing is pretty much at it's full flow so if you're a gig virgin I'd say don't go to the barrier, but stand a few rows back from that, but prepare to get squished! If you want to stay safe with the best sound experience and probably visual too, go to the sound-desk, as mentioned.

Ok standing sounds scary :s Is there a chance you could stand without being in some mosh pit? And how far from the stage would that be? I still want a good view : /

If you wanted to avoid a mosh pit I would avoid the middle of the floor. That's where I hear it happens most often.

As far as barrier goes, I was at barrier in a US of A gig and had plenty of room. I was actually really surprised. There was room to dance and jump around. I hear gigs in Europe are a lot more wild compared to US gigs.

If you wanted to avoid a mosh pit I would avoid the middle of the floor. That's where I hear it happens most often.

And if you are going to a Muse gig, it would be better to aviod the front of Matt, too. :)

Archived