Moderator recruiting discussion thread (applications now closed)

Legit Queen Blee

Got an email. Maybe I was just thrown out of the selection extra early :LOL:

They even attached my initial application to it :')

Good luck to whoever gets the positions

oh ok, i dont know if its a good sign if i havent got an email yet! :)

edit:

ah shit.

oh ok, i dont know if its a good sign if i havent got an email yet! :)

edit:

ah shit.

They're just waiting so they can crush your dreams at the last moment...

On 12/06/2011 23:28, Dom Green wrote:

Username:

Σ

Past Usernames:

deadstar

Registration Date:

31 January 2008

Timezone:

England GMT

Areas of the forum you are most active in/would like to moderate:

Kit & Tab primarily, I often venture into various forums in Main Muse (recently have been posting in a few threads in Songs & Releases, Gigs & Tours, Muse in the Media and Other Muse Topics) and Other Bands (not so much Banter). Also apparently Iʼm the current top poster in the Doctor Who thread in the Media section which shows that I often venture into various places of the board and can keep an eye on

How you as a moderator would change the forum you would be moderating:

In Kit & Tab I feel as though I could provide some new life into the forum (over the past months there have been moans not only in Banter but in there too about how the board is dying). In order to liven up K&T I feel that a K&T Banter (of sorts) should be re-introduced. I know this debate has risen before and that the current verdict is that anyone who wishes to have a Banter should post in the regular Banter, but as demonstrated in recent posts made yesterday and today in the Muse Cover Thread, numerous people in K&T wish not to post outside of there and would rather remain in K&T, making a K&T Banter thread the easiest option (providing it was moderated correctly.

Also, I feel it is necessary to update the K&T FAQ. This could easily be done in a short time using the collective knowledge of those in K&T and would provide a reliable resource for any information on Muse gear (both for existing members and newbies looking for quick answers)

Oh and some Muse Board Awards dedicated to K&T members would be nice

When the New Users section of the board disappeared I posted in Where Did New Users Go? With a decent suggestion as how to handle the situation

TL;DR…K&T Banter coming back, updated K&T FAQ, K&T yearly board awards, New Users and stopping Sippe on his quest for world domination(ish)

Any relevant experience:

None at all. But I can bribe you with virtual cookies and stuff. Oh but I am capable of editing text into bold font as shown in this email to make stuff clearer

Your motivation to be a moderator:

1. To have my username in bold

2. I feel since Iʼm on the board regularly (itʼs my homepage…) then I may as well have some purpose

3. To make others quiver in fear at the mention of my username

4. To make the Muse Board a good and happy place for all (with some minor interesting beefs now and then for entertainment purposes…or not)

Any ideas/suggestions you'd want to implement to improve the board as a whole:

The weekly caption competition! Where each week a lolzy picture of a member of Muse (or Kev) is uploaded and the member to come up with the best caption to the photo wins a romantic trip for two with Miss Blee to an Eastern European country where donkeys are still the primary method of transport.

That or making other various attempts at bridging the gap between Banter and the rest of society

Cheers!

Don't really know what I was thinking of when I wrote it :LOL:

Username:

Σ

Past Usernames:

deadstar

Registration Date:

31 January 2008

Timezone:

England GMT

Kit & Tab primarily, I often venture into various forums in Main Muse (recently have been posting in a few threads in Songs & Releases, Gigs & Tours, Muse in the Media and Other Muse Topics) and Other Bands (not so much Banter). Also apparently Iʼm the current top poster in the Doctor Who thread in the Media section which shows that I often venture into various places of the board and can keep an eye on

In Kit & Tab I feel as though I could provide some new life into the forum (over the past months there have been moans not only in Banter but in there too about how the board is dying). In order to liven up K&T I feel that a K&T Banter (of sorts) should be re-introduced. I know this debate has risen before and that the current verdict is that anyone who wishes to have a Banter should post in the regular Banter, but as demonstrated in recent posts made yesterday and today in the Muse Cover Thread, numerous people in K&T wish not to post outside of there and would rather remain in K&T, making a K&T Banter thread the easiest option (providing it was moderated correctly.

Also, I feel it is necessary to update the K&T FAQ. This could easily be done in a short time using the collective knowledge of those in K&T and would provide a reliable resource for any information on Muse gear (both for existing members and newbies looking for quick answers)

When the New Users section of the board disappeared I posted in Where Did New Users Go? With a decent suggestion as how to handle the situation

Also if I were to mod sections in MM that would be relatively easy I imagine, as typically thatʼs where all the new users tend to go, so you just have to make sure that they follow rules, and that certain older users donʼt flame them too much.

TL;DR…K&T Banter coming back, updated K&T FAQ, K&T yearly board awards, New Users and stopping Sippe on his quest for world domination(ish)

Any relevant experience:

None at all. But I can bribe you with virtual cookies and stuff. Oh but I am capable of editing text into bold font as shown in this email to make stuff clearer

2. I feel since Iʼm on the board regularly (itʼs my homepage…) then I may as well have some purpose

4. To make the Muse Board a good and happy place for all (with some minor interesting beefs now and then for entertainment purposes…or not)

The weekly caption competition! Where each week a lolzy picture of a member of Muse (or Kev) is uploaded and the member to come up with the best caption to the photo wins a romantic trip for two with Miss Blee to an Eastern European country where donkeys are still the primary method of transport.

That or making other various attempts at bridging the gap between Banter and the rest of society

Cheers!

I REALLY WANTED IT!!! i wonder who is replacing Neil.?

Username:

Σ

Past Usernames:

deadstar

Registration Date:

31 January 2008

Timezone:

England GMT

Any relevant experience:

Cheers!

Wow, that was mostly a lot better than mine is.

Although I also failed. What is going to be the point of my life for these next two years? :'(

Archived