Ridiculous things people have said to you about Muse

rawrsomesauce

You sure they don't mean the Resonator in the Plug In Baby video? I can see why someone might think that, but really, it doesn't look like a banjo. At all.

A banjo? No. I think it's one of the coolest guitars I've seen. Strange, I can agree with that.

1. Matt sounds like a cat, looks like a mouse, and his henchmen are rats. I don't like Chris and Dom being called "henchmen"

2. Muse is boring

3. SBH was created for Twilight

4. Muse sounds the same

5. Their only good songs are either, "That song from Twilight" or "That song that plays on the radio"

6. I think it is crazy that Matt said he is a crap guitar player and Chris Martin is a better singer than him

7. Muse sucks and should not be put in the list of good bands

8. All mainstream bands are better than Muse

9. I showed someone a pick of Matt and they said "It's the guy from radioplay! I like them."

10. Matt sounds exaclty like Thom Yorke

ZOMG I CAN GO ON FOREVER!!! People..:facepalm:

I sort of understand that... but yea, henchmen--no. I wouldn't describe him that bad, but I get it at least.

I haven't read all the posts and would rather not be redundant BUT I always get the Is- this- Radiohead? question when I'm playing any track, old or new. :supersad:

To further substantiate my point on a wider scale, I watched a recent episode of Jeopardy in which they played a song clip from "Uprising," and the only one person out of three willing to give the band name a guess after 30 seconds said, "Who is Radiohead?" FAIL

I haven't read all the posts and would rather not be redundant BUT I always get the Is- this- Radiohead? question when I'm playing any track, old or new. :supersad:

To further substantiate my point on a wider scale, I watched a recent episode of Jeopardy in which they played a song clip from "Uprising," and the only one person out of three willing to give the band name a guess after 30 seconds said, "Who is Radiohead?" FAIL

Ok that is just appaling! I understand not knowing the band, but to think THAT voice of Matt's is anywhere close to Thom is quite a stretch!

OMG :LOL:

You people on Jeopardy!!

It's like that kid on that show where he was asked who the lead singer of Coldplay was and had no answer.. sorta :stunned::$

Guest Bliss272
A banjo? No. I think it's one of the coolest guitars I've seen. Strange, I can agree with that.

I sort of understand that... but yea, henchmen--no. I wouldn't describe him that bad, but I get it at least.

Yea, I kind of get the Matt stuff, but I didn't like the henchmen part. It's from my friend who HATES muse with a burning passion. Before I showed her Uprising, and then she switched it to Taylor Swift before the first chorus. Also, we are both pianists so I showed her Piano Thing. She liked it until she learned the artist, then she called it boring. She's on a mission to convince everyone muse sucks, but I will be victorious!:D:dance::musesign:

I've got a few.

1. *Upon listening to The Resistance CD in the car with my mum - we were up to MK Ultra* "They sound a bit like Take That doing a Freddie Mercury impression"

:eek::facepalm:

1. *At my friend's house, he tells me to plug my iPod into the speakers and put some music on. I put Showbiz (song) on* "Umm, Jamie, why have you put some emo grunge shit on?" I had to explain that Muse are not 'emo-grunge' as he called it...
  2. *At school in Geography class before the lesson started, talking to my mate (who I was jealous of because he was going to the Muse gig at L.C.C.C. that night). We're discussing which album is best, another one of my friends walks past, hears what we're talking about and just says; "Everything Muse do is shit. Listen to Kyuss if you want some GOOD music!" Then he walked off. Me and my muse-loving mate ignored him until the next day.

:facepalm: My friends are generally musical idiots...

[*]*At school in Geography class before the lesson started, talking to my mate (who I was jealous of because he was going to the Muse gig at L.C.C.C. that night). We're discussing which album is best, another one of my friends walks past, hears what we're talking about and just says; "Everything Muse do is shit. Listen to Kyuss if you want some GOOD music!" Then he walked off. Me and my muse-loving mate ignored him until the next day.

They're both good... though me like QOTSA better :)

Yea, I kind of get the Matt stuff, but I didn't like the henchmen part. It's from my friend who HATES muse with a burning passion. Before I showed her Uprising, and then she switched it to Taylor Swift before the first chorus. Also, we are both pianists so I showed her Piano Thing. She liked it until she learned the artist, then she called it boring. She's on a mission to convince everyone muse sucks, but I will be victorious!:D:dance::musesign:

What a waste of breath...

:LOL: If you told her Piano Thing was by someone else, she probably would have said she liked it.

Guest Bliss272
:LOL: If you told her Piano Thing was by someone else, she probably would have said she liked it.

Probably. Guess I'll have to show her songs and not let her find out the artists. :LOL:

Guest Bliss272
My sister today:

"Isn't Matt Bellamy the guy off the X Factor?"

:facepalm: Simon doesn't really look like Matt....maybe the accent made her think so? It'd be interesting if Matt was in one of those shows :LOL:

Guest Bliss272
I'd guess it's more the name.

Last year's X Factor winner = Matt Cardle

Oh...I thought we were talking about the judge:$ I guess the name thing makes sense....kind of.......not really.....:LOL: Matt Bellamy has forever been engraved in my mind as THE MATT BELLAMY. i can never confuse him XD

Oh don't get me wrong - I do like Kyuss & QOTSA, but Muse are better than both of them. :p

I wouldn´t be that sure...

At least someone agrees with me!

I'd say they're equal to me, because they're hard to compare. They're each one of the best in their own rights.

My sister today:

"Isn't Matt Bellamy the guy off the X Factor?"

:facepalm:

I think that takes the cake for top ten of most ridiculous!

:facepalm: Simon doesn't really look like Matt....maybe the accent made her think so? It'd be interesting if Matt was in one of those shows :LOL:

No, that would ring SELL OUT!

when a friend heard the first singing where Matt uses his falsetto of KoC (the Nananaaaa....), he asked me: "that's cool, what instrument to they use for that?"

He just couldn't believe it was his voice

As amazing as Matt's voice is, I know it's someone singing... it doesn't sound like an instrument to me. But I have heard guitars sound like a voice and vice versa. Cool that he thought his voice was that amazing though :p

As amazing as Matt's voice is, I know it's someone singing... it doesn't sound like an instrument to me. But I have heard guitars sound like a voice and vice versa. Cool that he thought his voice was that amazing though :p

I've heard some casual fans saying that, to be honest it was like a compliment. Anyway that was how I took it.

I

1. *At my friend's house, he tells me to plug my iPod into the speakers and put some music on. I put Showbiz (song) on* "Umm, Jamie, why have you put some emo grunge shit on?" I had to explain that Muse are not 'emo-grunge' as he called it...

To be honest, I can totally understand some of the stuff on Showbiz being called 'emo-grunge' :LOL: They were pretty heavily influenced by Nirvana early on after all, and Matt's whiny voice back then added to that. But ah, they were young and unsophisticated.

Archived