Mansons Guitar Shop To Release 007 Model?

MegaEBoy

Plus, I imagine Matt would still want his own guitars remotely personal to him, rather than have each one copied

Given the amount of compromises they've had to make with the designs of the MB1 and DL1 to get them to a reasonable cost and to be able to easily build them on a production line of sorts it's likely that if they ever made a version of this one it'd be quite different to the original. It'd probably end up just as the DL1 but painted black with a copper scratchplate. To be fair that could actually end up quite nice :LOL:

As much as I would like to see this guitar being released, as it's one of my favourites, I think that Manson will only release another model if it's something diferent from the existing ones.

We've got one with the xy and sustainer (MB-1) and one with ff, phaser and MQ (DL-1). What could be next? One with locking trem?

But they won't release a chrome signature guitar because it's too unpredictable, and they've already got the DL-1, so releasing a signature of its successor would be a bit pointless, and then that's all of the guitars he's had with a locking tremolo so far, so I don't think that'll happen unless something changes significantly. I can see them following the CE-1 idea that they were talking about a while back, as I think Hugh's said before that that's one of his favourites out of Matt's guitars.

Between those two, mirror IMHO. I cant imagine a CE-1 selling 25, but what do I know.

I can't really imagine a CE1 either tbh. I bet most people wouldn't even know Matt had a guitar that shape. Would be nice to see Mansons do a run of E shape guitars, kinda like the MA series

Yeah, it seems odd having a signature model of a guitar that wasn't built for him, and that he only uses for one song! :LOL:

But yeah, it would be nice to maybe get an E series going as well as the MAs or something and see them mixing it up a bit, but I guess they're already busy as it is, so maybe see how it goes.

As much as I would like to see this guitar being released, as it's one of my favourites, I think that Manson will only release another model if it's something diferent from the existing ones.

We've got one with the xy and sustainer (MB-1) and one with ff, phaser and MQ (DL-1). What could be next? One with locking trem?

Yes, Blackie does have FF and phaser etc, but it also has the MIDI strip AND the Wah Probe, and I imagine it will be rather popular though.

I can see you're determined to be optimistic about this, but I really think it's pretty unlikely. They took things like the GK out of the Delorean because they thought it wasn't going to be value for money in that most people wouldn't actually use it. Same here. How many people actually know about the wah probe and the midi strip and so on. Really not that many, and not enough to be worth releasing it as a production guitar. They already have the MB-1 which has X-Y MIDI control, so there's not much point now releasing something which is less effective. That would only leave the wah probe, and I can't see them releasing it just for that.

The MB-1s and DL-1s you mean?

nah, ya know ages ago when someone like olly posted that pick of the workshop and all those mocs hanging up--- a few where mb1s but there where one or two that had different p/up configs and different finishes...

nah, ya know ages ago when someone like olly posted that pick of the workshop and all those mocs hanging up--- a few where mb1s but there where one or two that had different p/up configs and different finishes...

All of these?

62260_540987919105_39400224_31906686_5027579_n.jpg

it's probably the third batch or something...if not...that's strange...

Yes, Blackie does have FF and phaser etc, but it also has the MIDI strip AND the Wah Probe, and I imagine it will be rather popular though.

Yeah, also the leds, sustainer PLUS P90, etc.

Don't get me wrong, along with the black kaoss (twin P90) and gliteratti, this is my favourite guitar. But given how Manson simplified the Delorean into the DL-1, I think a simplified 007 would be a little "mehh", and a true 007 with all the toys seems unlikely.

Archived