Mansons Guitar Shop To Release 007 Model?

MegaEBoy

It was meant to be chromed by someone in America (it was suggested to hugh by dave grohl), the guy kept or for like a year but did a real shit job. I think that's when Hugh used it to do experimenting but Matt didn't like it.

Matt didn't like it.

Not shiny enough! :LOL:

Honestly, I think it looks quite cool. Shame he didn't go for it. And Hugh won't finish it and put it on sale because it's the MoC shape. Pity really.

The silver ones were prototype DL-1 Bodies, I saw them down there about the time the DL-1 was announced

:)

Makes sense I guess. Do you know if these are going to have the same body shape as the MB-1? Since those are slightly longer for the X-Y...which is not necessary in this case

It was meant to be chromed by someone in America (it was suggested to hugh by dave grohl), the guy kept or for like a year but did a real shit job. I think that's when Hugh used it to do experimenting but Matt didn't like it.

That's strange, I thought Dave Grohl was an expert on finishing guitars!

Shame that it won't be for sale or anything - I'm sure SOMEONE would want it.

Something else I also wondered about the DL-1s, as they're only having an aluminium top, and painted back and sides, like Matt's Ali Top, does that mean that the DL-1s will have the contoured shape for comfort at the back? I always wondered if that was the reason the Matt didn't go for the full body aluminium the second time.

Got a reply from Mansons!

it says:

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your mail.

We don't discuss details of clients guitars in our workshop - it's confidential.

Regards

Adrian

Haha that's so professionally cold :LOL:

I recall someone on here saying it was a chrome finish that went bad and Hugh did some sort of experiment on it which turned it into that

Remember that JS-100 on eBay a while ago that had that finish?

The DL-1s will have the contoured back like the MB-1 but not a forearm contour like the MB-1 and the prototype

Ah :( I wish they'd sell me the DL-1 proto, it's exactly what I would want mine to be like...

About the CE-1, EC-1, etc--if Hugh and the guys at Manson's really do lurk on here, I bet they're either:

1. :chuckle: These guys think we're gonna replicate each of Matt's guitars!

OR

2. :mad: Every time we come up with an idea for a great new sig guitar they've already thought of it!

About the CE-1, EC-1, etc--if Hugh and the guys at Manson's really do lurk on here, I bet they're either:

1. :chuckle: These guys think we're gonna replicate each of Matt's guitars!

OR

2. :mad: Every time we come up with an idea for a great new sig guitar they've already thought of it!

i asked about more MB signature ranges last saturday, and they said "how long's a piece of string?" :LOL:

your thinking too hard

he asked a question and whoever answered said how long is a piece of string instead of saying I have no idea or you can say twice as long as half the length but either way its just a saying.

Jimbo, it's really pretty simple! :LOL:

Q. How long is a piece of string?

A. Obviously, that depends on the piece of string you're measuring, as different pieces of string are going to be different lengths, understand?

It's just another way of saying "You're asking a question that there isn't a definitive answer to" really.

Archived