Mansons Guitar Shop To Release 007 Model?

MegaEBoy

Hello, I imagine you are just as interested as I was, Then, also confused.

I was in the Mansons Guitar Shop, and I was being cheeky and trying out all of the Mansons :p and I took a peek inside the workshop, and Lo and behold, I saw a body and neck of a 007 Manson, Whether this was Matt Bellamy's guitar being "renovated" or maybe a custom order, but then I thought, maybe a Signature series?

I BLOODY hope so! Maybe a Bomber to follow? Tell me what you think!

I was in the Mansons Guitar Shop, and I was being cheeky and trying out all of the Mansons :p and I took a peek inside the workshop, and Lo and behold, I saw a body and neck of a 007 Manson, Whether this was Matt Bellamy's guitar being "renovated" or maybe a custom order, but then I thought, maybe a Signature series?

Highly doubt it to be honest. Matt doesn't even use half the stuff on that guitar, so it would be pointless doing that one. Same way they left out the piezo and GK-2 on the DL-1.

It might have been one of Matt's guitars, or maybe someone was having their MB-1 modified. What did it look like exactly? did it have the copper plate and everything?

Bomber is probably the least likely to happen because chroming is unpredictable and can end up looking horrible.

Highly doubt it to be honest. Matt doesn't even use half the stuff on that guitar, so it would be pointless doing that one. Same way they left out the piezo and GK-2 on the DL-1.

It might have been one of Matt's guitars, or maybe someone was having their MB-1 modified. What did it look like exactly? did it have the copper plate and everything?

Bomber is probably the least likely to happen because chroming is unpredictable and can end up looking horrible.

It was an EXACT copy of the 007, Copper plate, Midi strip, Fuzz factory slightly off centre and all! i think it may have been slightly glossy, I cant remember too much.

Yeah, shame, Bomber is my favorite Manson guitar!

It was an EXACT copy of the 007, Copper plate, Midi strip, Fuzz factory slightly off centre and all! i think it may have been slightly glossy, I cant remember too much.

Yeah, shame, Bomber is my favorite Manson guitar!

hmm...it's possible that it's Matt's. His has a slightly glossy look now after being played for a few years (wasn't always like that).

Do you recall seeing those white stickers on it near the controls?

hmm...it's possible that it's Matt's. His has a slightly glossy look now after being played for a few years (wasn't always like that).

Do you recall seeing those white stickers on it near the controls?

No, it'd been stripped of all the nobs etc, I was going to ask, but I didnt, wish I had now :( Might send an email!

I imagine it's just getting a complete set up right, seeing as they have a break before the festivals this summer.

Although, since they're doing an OoS show at R&L, is there a chance that original blackie (with motherbucker) and delorean could return?

I imagine it's just getting a complete set up right, seeing as they have a break before the festivals this summer.

Although, since they're doing an OoS show at R&L, is there a chance that original blackie (with motherbucker) and delorean could return?

Oooh, Dear, I hope so! as I myself is going to see them at Reading :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd KILL to see Stockholm Syndrome on Blackie again!

No idea if he's bringing back the delorean - I don't think people outside of KnT will be bothered about that though :(

I don't know if he'd have the motherbucker put in just because of that. I would assume he'd keep it how it his now because it's his favorite one to record with apparently.

He should buy a couple of ibanez destroyers though......

Haha, yeah, I emailed them enquiring it's purpose, awaiting on a reply, I'll paste it on here for you Musers!

You'll most likely not get a reply. I have emailed once or twice about things like this (like, I asked about the Glitterati, and if it would be put in display etc) and received no response. But when I emailed asking about bringing my Strat in and stuff like that, I got a response the very next day. Just saying, I think they discard emails about things like this and just focus on customers who are making enquiries about the shop/services/getting work done on guitars etc.

I think that's very accurate actually. If you're just asking general questions, you probably won't get an answer. If you're asking something as a prospective customer, you probably will. Although they're incredibly busy at the moment so I don't know how quick their reply times are even for things like that.

Maybe if Manson's did a bomber run Sims would get on the ball with their chroming.

At least they don't send out some kind of "Thank you for your correspondence. Your e-mail is important to us." thing! I'd much rather not receive a reply and know that I wasn't worthy of their time! :LOL:

Bet its Matts having a restoration as its his oldest touring guitar

But, would it not make sense after they did a DeLorean, which was Matts first guitar, maybe they are doing them in order:

DL

Laser?

Bomber

Earls Court

Chrome Bomber etc

Would be epic if they did!

But, would it not make sense after they did a DeLorean, which was Matts first guitar, maybe they are doing them in order:

DL

Laser?

Bomber

Earls Court

Chrome Bomber etc

Would be epic if they did!

No it wouldn't. To be fair, to most people (apart from on the Muse board) the blackie would be a fairly hideous guitar, what with all the crap jammed into it. So it'd cost loads to manufacture it, and then who would buy it, seeing as there are already two (three if you count the two different MB1 colour schemes) signature guitars.

Plus, I imagine Matt would still want his own guitars remotely personal to him, rather than have each one copied

No it wouldn't. To be fair, to most people (apart from on the Muse board) the blackie would be a fairly hideous guitar, what with all the crap jammed into it. So it'd cost loads to manufacture it, and then who would buy it, seeing as there are already two (three if you count the two different MB1 colour schemes) signature guitars.

Plus, I imagine Matt would still want his own guitars remotely personal to him, rather than have each one copied

Good Point, but after the MB-1 was "supposed" to be the only Signature guitar, maybe they're getting carried away. Every Manson Signature guitar has sold out more than once,

and I'm sure there are more than 25 people who want to get their hands on Blackie!

Good Point, but after the MB-1 was "supposed" to be the only Signature guitar, maybe they're getting carried away. Every Manson Signature guitar has sold out more than once,

and I'm sure there are more than 25 people who want to get their hands on Blackie!

It wasn't. The DL-1 was announced back in april 2009, but it didn't have a name and they didn't actually go ahead with it until october 2010.

http://mansons.co.uk/news/2009/30.html

And I think what musecasters said is most likely true. Unless that rumor about there being a replica built back in 2001 is actually true.

They said a Delorean was planned when the MB1s were announced though I think. I just think it's very unlikely we'll see many more sig models. Definitely no chromed ones. I dunno, maybe they'll do an even more limited batch of some mirror guitars, and there was that CE1 rumoured a while ago, but other than that naaah

Archived