Mansons Guitar Shop To Release 007 Model?

MegaEBoy

There was a Thai guy I met about a month ago whose name was P'Tong, P' being a title of sorts. Anyway, my thought process immediately went to Pete Tong, being cockney rhyming slang (which I don't even know any of apart from like 3 examples) for wrong. I knew there was no point even trying to explain it to him, so I was just left to contain my laughter on my own! :LOL:

There was a Thai guy I met about a month ago whose name was P'Tong, P' being a title of sorts. Anyway, my thought process immediately went to Pete Tong, being cockney rhyming slang (which I don't even know any of apart from like 3 examples) for wrong. I knew there was no point even trying to explain it to him, so I was just left to contain my laughter on my own! :LOL:

I spoke to him on the dog and bone while I was on the apples and pears ;)

I saw the video of him using 'ol 007 to play Uprising on Taratata. Felt good seeing it still being used live. He used it for In Your World in Hullabaloo, so it must be one of the oldest guitars still touring. I wish he'd bring the Delorean out every now and then, though, that thing is history :awesome:

I saw the video of him using 'ol 007 to play Uprising on Taratata. Felt good seeing it still being used live. He used it for In Your World in Hullabaloo, so it must be one of the oldest guitars still touring. I wish he'd bring the Delorean out every now and then, though, that thing is history :awesome:

I thought it sounded shite when he used it for Uprising (judging by Teignmouth). Well not shite, it wasn't actually that bad, but prefer it being played with mirror/double neck

when I saw them on the oos tour he opened with the 007 on Dead Star, I was down the front and it looked amazing up close, still prefer the delorean but only just ;)

Not often you see people on here who saw them on the OoS tour. I would've only been like 8 years old. Imo, blackie with motherbucker looked a lot better than delorean...but blackie with bare knuckle wasn't as good

I'd have been 10-11. I got into them with Absolution but couldn't get tickets to see them until The Resistance Tour (before that the shows had other sold out or I couldn't afford the transport and accommodation to get to them). I can't tell you how much it pains me watching the older videos now. For example, just a few hours ago, I watched Absolution Tour. Knowing that I missed that is just...aaaarghhh! :$

I'd have been 10-11. I got into them with Absolution but couldn't get tickets to see them until The Resistance Tour (before that the shows had other sold out or I couldn't afford the transport and accommodation to get to them). I can't tell you how much it pains me watching the older videos now. For example, just a few hours ago, I watched Absolution Tour. Knowing that I missed that is just...aaaarghhh! :$

same here... except ive heard of them since OOS, and was a fan since absol. i only joined this site last year though, cos i thought i would be a geek joining a forum :pope:

Well I think I heard New Born, Bliss, and Plug In Baby, on TV and so on in the OoS days but I never really knew that it was Muse if that makes sense. It was only when I heard Sing For Absolution and Butterflies And Hurricanes that I cottoned on that it was all the same band, and then I heard the rest of Absolution and went from there.

As far as the forum is concerned I sort of lurked here on and off for about a year and then finally joined as a combination of wanting to partake in the discussion of the Wembley shows and the fanmade DVD that was being put together, and also seeing James's MB-1 pictures. The two of those things together were really what got me actually posting here, and KnT has been my most visited website ever since. I. Cannot. Escape!

yeah Muse's popularity went berserk after absolution especially after playing hysteria at the Brits that must of gained them a million fans overnight, they also gained popularity in the states as they finally managed an album release over there with abso, ive been a fan since showbiz era (2000) I was only 18.

Kills me to think I could of gotten a moc, I enquired about his guitars in early 2001 and was informed he had them and had started recording, I wanted the delorean (then called industrial disease) but thought £3,500 was too much, should of taken out a loan :/

I prefer the 007 with the motherbucker

yeah Muse's popularity went berserk after absolution especially after playing hysteria at the Brits that must of gained them a million fans overnight, they also gained popularity in the states as they finally managed an album release over there with abso, ive been a fan since showbiz era (2000) I was only 18.

Kills me to think I could of gotten a moc, I enquired about his guitars in early 2001 and was informed he had them and had started recording, I wanted the delorean (then called industrial disease) but thought £3,500 was too much, should of taken out a loan :/

I prefer the 007 with the motherbucker

so back then you could get exact replicas?

Being a muse fan in the states, at least 4-5 years ago, was something special. I saw them at a show down in San Francisco, must have been the same day Black Holes was released. Maybe 2-3k people, stage about chest high, 5 foot gap.

(pictures I took with a crap camera)

solosmall.jpg

kneelyellow.jpg

I miss those days. Meeting muse was the easiest thing then.

well not sure they would do exact replicas, remember them not being keen on midi strips because of the complexity of the wiring but the moc shape was allowed, dont think they got too much demand tho as Muse wernt that big then and the average fan was like 12-16 years old so couldnt afford the guitars.

I think a delorean replica would of been fine but a 007 was out of the question

Crazy bob was on the old Muse site at the time too, he may know more

Yeah, makes sense. Getting the MIDI strip would require destroying a keyboard too, wouldn't it?

Yeah Alex, I'd been into them since 2004 I think, but only got to see them live for the first time in 2007 (BH&R tour). At that point I don't think they were anywhere near as well known as they are now (in the US)

And nice pictures, Is that the gig where he threw the mirror across the stage?

Archived