Mansons Guitar Shop To Release 007 Model?

MegaEBoy

no no no no different one... those wernt there... i should have photoed it :$

did you see a 007 though?

an M1D1 is unlikely. the mahogany would add to the price a lot, and the mirror top on that is cracked...meaning some might look weird

plus the MB-1 is basically the same, just with a different body wood and finish.

if anything i'd say a DL-1 with a solid mirror top instead of aluminum (EC-1 or something) or the 7 string/CE-1

don't know about the mirror X-Y. again, it probably would have a painted back. and no auto tuning system. but i don't know how many people would want that pickup configuration.

but i agree, they probably won't do any new MB signatures

an M1D1 is unlikely. the mahogany would add to the price a lot, and the mirror top on that is cracked...meaning some might look weird

plus the MB-1 is basically the same, just with a different body wood and finish.

But Manson have done cracked mirror before

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-electric-guitars/manson/custom-t-mirror/

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-electric-guitars/manson/mirror-t-mbk3/

And that has a Mahogany body aswell, but I think it was near the 3K mark

They won't do a run of guitars with the dual p90 bridge, because that's effectively paying for two pickups and a sustainer, they'd rather keep costs down and just use an MBK2 humbucker.

M1D1 replica you pretty much already have with the MB1. Mansons have been quoted numerous times saying it was mainly based off the M1D1

Surely they wouldn't have the resources to do a batch of 25 mahogany guitars

If they do another sig model I can only see it being a mirror top, then that will cover most of Bell0rz's guitars...ali finish, red glitter, black and mirror

Surely they wouldn't have the resources to do a batch of 25 mahogany guitars

I dont think for a second that Mansons cant afford a batch of 25 Mahogany guitars, each one must cost no more than 1.5k and they sell sometimes near 4k, and as they have previously done mahogany guitars, I think it may be possible, but closer to the "Never-Going-To-Happen" end of the spectrum.

But Manson have done cracked mirror before

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-electric-guitars/manson/custom-t-mirror/

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-electric-guitars/manson/mirror-t-mbk3/

And that has a Mahogany body aswell, but I think it was near the 3K mark

Yeah, but those were both 100% hand built by Hugh one at a time - not done in batches of 25.

They don't use cheap mahogany either. I recall back when the first batch of MB-1s was released, they said to musecasters that mahogany is too expensive for something like this and ash is a bit inconsistent, etc.

I don't think that it's that they can't afford it, but to do what's practical.

Got a reply from Mansons!

it says:

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your mail.

We don't discuss details of clients guitars in our workshop - it's confidential.

Regards

Adrian

If they used the term 'clients guitars' then most likely its getting a refurbish.

And I think what musecasters said is most likely true. Unless that rumor about there being a replica built back in 2001 is actually true.

that guitar did not have the midi strip tho and im pretty sure it didnt have the wah probe, piezo, custom led's and sustainer (not 100% tho)

cant see a full sig happening tbh the 007 cost 5000 10 years ago, even if u had FF, midi strip and wah you'd be looking at 4,000.

Think its most likely to be Matts 007 in for work as they will be playing again soon

Got a reply from Mansons!

it says:

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your mail.

We don't discuss details of clients guitars in our workshop - it's confidential.

Regards

Adrian

Plus it would be kinda unprofessional if they answered any questions asked by a random person about one of their (most expensive) clients guitars

Boom :cool:

Didn't someone ask a while back and it was a botched finish that went wrong? And we never found out what the humbucker sized route was for

EDIT: Actually, when Mansons route for humbuckers, don't they normally route them like this

699px-M1d1_death.jpg

rather than a neat little rectangle

I recall someone on here saying it was a chrome finish that went bad and Hugh did some sort of experiment on it which turned it into that

No idea about the neck pickup route.

As for the other bodies, those are probably the DL-1s.

Archived