Rage Against The Machine & Muse Set To Unite For Show?

JadeLovesMuse

Haha, reminds me when Matt said that at Rock Am Ring, when muse were headlining with rock/metal heavy weights Rammstein, Rage Against the Machine etc...

...they played Starlight, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and bliss :facepalm:

did you watch that specific gig? cos they fucking nailed it.

i remember people dissing the setlist as it was tweeted and then some videos surfaced plus a broadcast too, IIRC, and um, yeaaaah... :happy::awesome:

did you watch that specific gig? cos they fucking nailed it.

i remember people dissing the setlist as it was tweeted and then some videos surfaced plus a broadcast too, IIRC, and um, yeaaaah... :happy::awesome:

Yeah, it was like Glastonbury's performance but in Germany.

Haha, reminds me when Matt said that at Rock Am Ring, when muse were headlining with rock/metal heavy weights Rammstein, Rage Against the Machine etc...

...they played Starlight, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and bliss :facepalm:

Yeah but they also played MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection. Pretty good if you ask me...for Muse at least.

I hope to hell Muse use their common sense and play a rock set.

Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Resistance and Feeling Good are gonna go down like a lead balloon with Rage fans :LOL:.

Granted, it's not quite the same setting, but here's what they played last time they were on before Rage (Vegoose)

01) Close Encounters riff + Knights of Cydonia

02) Hysteria

03) Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

04) Supermassive Black Hole

05) Butterflies & Hurricanes

06) New Born + Microphone Fiend riff + Ashamed riff

07) Starlight

08) Feeling Good

09) Invincible

10) Time Is Running Out

11) Plug In Baby

12) Stockholm Syndrome

13) Take a Bow

;)

Why should they not play their hit songs? Why should they pretend to be something they are not? Don't really get this. I think Muse should do their thing and play what best defines them so I think that the setlist should include Bliss, Dead Star, Plug In Baby, Knights of Cydonia, Starlight and Hysteria. At least.

Why should they not play their hit songs? Why should they pretend to be something they are not? Don't really get this. I think Muse should do their thing and play what best defines them so I think that the setlist should include Bliss, Dead Star, Plug In Baby, Knights of Cydonia, Starlight and Hysteria. At least.

I'm not saying they shouldn't play their hits.

It's just they're playing to a bunch of RATM fans. RATM fans, and I know I'm generalising, will be more inclined towards Muse's heavier songs rather than softer songs, y'know?

Plus, Muse have plenty of heavy hits to draw on, like you mention - Plug In Baby, Dead Star, New Born, Bliss, Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole, Map Of The Problematique, Knights Of Cydonia, Uprising, etc.

Hits *cough* like Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, Sing For Absolution, Feeling Good and Unintended, to name but a few, are going to be less well received, I would imagine.

Indeed, I think they should play Muse songs. ;) They're awesome in their own right. I don't think they need to try and fit in with other bands or their audiences. Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume there are likely to be just as many Muse fans in the audience, as those supporting other bands.

Indeed, I think they should play Muse songs. ;) They're awesome in their own right. I don't think they need to try and fit in with other bands or their audiences. Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume there are likely to be just as many Muse fans in the audience, as those supporting other bands.

But it has been said time and time again that Muse doesn't play these rock songs(like Dead Star) because the audience doesn't like/know it. If people are gonna defend Muse with that argument, it doesn't really make sense not to play these songs in front of such an audience :p

The gig will be a Rage headlining gig and Rage are still far far far more well known in the US, hence why it's pretty certain Rage fans will be out in force ;).

Exactly!

I'm sure there will be a number of Muse fans in the audience, but this is a Rage show first and foremost (and I'm sure that some of those Muse fans are Rage fans as well).

Not to mention that Rage shows are rarities in general these days, whereas Muse just finished a tour of the U.S. not that long ago. I think it's safe to say that the Rage fans will definitely be the majority. I have to say, I agree with the notion that Muse should tailor their set to their heavier songs. I don't necessarily see this as not being true or whatever, I think it just makes more sense entertainment-wise. Sure there are fans of both, but the casual Rage fan (and Rise against, I'd bet) is going to enjoy something with a big riff in it more than a twinkly piano. To an extent, you kind of have to tailor every gig (though less so as a big band like Muse).You don't play Exogenesis on Good Morning, America and you don't play NSC for a bunch of people who are about to make a large pit and run into each other. Plus, if I were Matt and playing alongside one of my guitar-playing heroes, I'd be a little embarrassed to play something like Undisclosed or Starlight...but that's just me.

Archived