The songs are still going to drag :LOL:

Lies, tbh :phu: it rules. They've clearly made the decision to play the whole album (if they are doing so) because we all keep nagging them for Origin songs. They're doing it for us, hell yeaaaaah

Lies, tbh :phu: it rules. They've clearly made the decision to play the whole album (if they are doing so) because we all keep nagging them for Origin songs. They're doing it for us, hell yeaaaaah

Well, I would love every second of it, but I'm not just sure that the majority of the crowd would agree :LOL:

'Yes, I too would rather it were ‘Absolution’ or ‘Black Holes…’ getting a full airing, but Muse would rather be remembered long-term for those albums, where they firmly nailed it rather than half-fumbled the hammer.'

The fuck's this guy on? :LOL: Him and festival-goers clearly don't see this album as most of this board ('the faithful', as he calls us) does. The fact that he could ever assume that Black Holes or even Absolution had 'firmly nailed' anything more than Origin could, or that the latter is in any sense 'half-fumbled' says a fucking lot!

I think the second half of OoS is highly underrated - it's just not as in-your-face. What makes Screenager, Darkshines or Megalomania any less brilliant? Feeling Good is an obvious sticking point for many people, so we won't go there, but I don't get why those other three aren't deemed as good or still examples of their 'opera-pop punch'. Screenager is a lot quieter, but it's also outrageous in its own right (bones?!). If the festival-goers don't like it, tough. As mentioned, they had a whole Resistance tour, two Wembley shows, Glasto etc to see 'the hits' - now it's our turn to get our favourite songs - at fucking last! :D

Well, I would love every second of it, but I'm not just sure that the majority of the crowd would agree :LOL:

The majority can feck right off, then :p.

Tbh, Muse have spent what feels like their entire Resistance tour caring about what the majority wants. For once, it's not about that - and thank feck for that! We're finally getting what we want, and as Gemsy said, I think all our nagging has finally paid off :p

Ah, Assassin... how I wish <3

but I do remember, when Matt asked for songs, I said to him "Assassin! :awesome:" and his reaction was "... uh? :confused:" ... I think he doesn't remember he has a song called Assassin :LOL:

:LOL: He is the worst at remembering his own songs and what songs are on what albums.

'Yes, I too would rather it were ‘Absolution’ or ‘Black Holes…’ getting a full airing, but Muse would rather be remembered long-term for those albums, where they firmly nailed it rather than half-fumbled the hammer.'

The fuck's this guy on? :LOL: Him and festival-goers clearly don't see this album as most of this board ('the faithful', as he calls us) does. The fact that he could ever assume that Black Holes or even Absolution had 'firmly nailed' anything more than Origin could, or that the latter is in any sense 'half-fumbled' says a fucking lot!

I think the second half of OoS is highly underrated - it's just not as in-your-face. What makes Screenager, Darkshines or Megalomania any less brilliant? Feeling Good is an obvious sticking point for many people, so we won't go there, but I don't get why those other three aren't deemed as good or still examples of their 'opera-pop punch'. Screenager is a lot quieter, but it's also outrageous in its own right (bones?!). If the festival-goers don't like it, tough. As mentioned, they had a whole Resistance tour, two Wembley shows, Glasto etc to see 'the hits' - now it's our turn to get our favourite songs - at fucking last! :D

+1. Personally, I think Screenager and Megalomania are two of their best songs. And exactly, it's not like they haven't been at every other festival going, or toured pretty much everywhere in the UK over the last year or two. This one is for the fans.

I can get on board with his whole 'Yay, let them play rare songs and not the same set' commentary, but I totally disagree with his take on the Origin album, because I, for one, definitely can't understand their reasoning for wanting to abandon this album after these shows.

You can understand their reasoning. ‘Origin…’ is something of a lost semi-classic in the Muse canon but, as something of a mixed bag, it’s an album they’ll happy to put behind them as quasi-juvenilia. Capturing the peak of their hedonistic party years and all the mania and unfocussed ambition that entailed, it was the album that saw them perfect their opera-pop punch but, in its latter half, only partially realize the sprawling space-epic possibilities they’d finally nail on ‘Knights Of Cydonia’, ‘Butterflies & Hurricanes’ and ‘The Resistance’’s ‘Exogenesis’ song suite. It was a dizzying upward turn in their stratospheric learning curve, but it does stand as their flawed trial run; their Pickwick Papers, their Titus Andronicus, their Ali G In Da House.

Umm.. what? I'm def guilty of being overly-obsessed with OoS, as is the unfortunate stereotype of a hardcore Muse fan, but I just can't see at all how he can claim that the band want to 'put it behind them as quasi-juvenilia'. It definitely grates that they're wanting to put this album to rest at all, and that's the one thing that's pissed me off more than anything about these shows, but if anything, I think Origin captures their musical maturity after Showbiz - when they were firmly in the haze of said 'unfocussed ambition'.

As for this: It was a dizzying upward turn in their stratospheric learning curve, but it does stand as their flawed trial run; their Pickwick Papers, their Titus Andronicus, their Ali G In Da House.

:wtf: Srsly? To whom does it stand as that? What about all the fans and even critics that set the bar for all future albums against this one? Yes, I'm probably seeing things strictly from Origin-tinted spectacles, but I just didn't think his was a common view. It's the capturing of the aforementioned 'hedonistic party years and all the mania and unfocussed ambition' that led them to produce something gargantuan in sound and scope - their uninhibited lifestyles were reflected in the songs - they could be bombastic and unafraid to push boundaries. At least, that's partly what Origin represents for me. I guess I should bear in mind that this is NME, after all. They're very rarely right. ;)

I can get on board with his whole 'Yay, let them play rare songs and not the same set' commentary, but I totally disagree with his take on the Origin album, because I, for one, definitely can't understand their reasoning for wanting to abandon this album after these shows.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Matt's comments were pretty vague and ambiguous, as if the idea had just popped into his head that very second. I just don't believe there are any firm plans to abandon OoS altogether, just maybe some of the songs they don't play anymore anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Matt's comments were pretty vague and ambiguous, as if the idea had just popped into his head that very second. I just don't believe there are any firm plans to abandon OoS altogether, just maybe some of the songs they don't play anymore anyway.

True say. Tbh, ever since reading the whole 'draw a line on OoS/that part of our careers' comment, I've been pretty bummed about it, especially cos I just don't understand at all why they'd feel the need to do that.

They barely play those songs anyway, but saying things like that has a resolute rigidness that indicates they won't pay any reflection to their past songs after these shows. It crushes all possible future hope, and that's what's disheartening.

Hopefully you're right, though, and it's just a classic symptom of Matt's bullshit-itis :p

The majority can go fuck themselves.

That's what I said, in politer terms, lol!

The majority can feck right off, then :p.

Tbh, Muse have spent what feels like their entire Resistance tour caring about what the majority wants. For once, it's not about that - and thank feck for that! We're finally getting what we want, and as Gemsy said, I think all our nagging has finally paid off :p

And what did it give us? One concert and the possibility of never playing them again. Oh Muse, you are too kind :awesome:

Oh well, this isn't the time to start whining. That will be the next tour when they make the same mistakes again. :awesome:

And what did it give us? One concert and the possibility of never playing them again. Oh Muse, you are too kind :awesome:

Oh well, this isn't the time to start whining. That will be the next tour when they make the same mistakes again. :awesome:

It gave us their best album potentially 'in its entirety' for two shows, plus I get the feeling there'll be a couple of other rare ones or even a b-side thrown in just for the hell of their 'one-off' frame-of-mind.

Yeah, it's not amazing that they only do this once in a blue moon and we literally have to BEG for decent setlists and old songs, but it's better than nothing.

If they want to ignore OoS for the rest of their careers, that's their biggest bloody mistake, and I hope they realise it by the next tour and just bring some of these song back eventually. Doubtful, but one has to dream!

It gave us their best album potentially 'in its entirety' for two shows, plus I get the feeling there'll be a couple of other rare ones or even a b-side thrown in just for the hell of their 'one-off' frame-of-mind.

Yeah, it's not amazing that they only do this once in a blue moon and we literally have to BEG for decent setlists and old songs, but it's better than nothing.

If they want to ignore OoS for the rest of their careers, that's their biggest bloody mistake, and I hope they realise it by the next tour and just bring some of these song back eventually. Doubtful, but one has to dream!

Reading/Leeds could possibly turn out to be the event that decides however some songs should be brought back or not. If they turn out better than expected, really gets the crowd going or they just enjoy playing them.

Though, this has been the case before, and Muse didn't seem to determined to keep the songs more than a few concerts :p (Cave comes to mind)

Oh god, he clearly said MAYBE SOME songs. The biggest hits will stay for sure. HM, SD, Screenager, Megalomania are probably gone for a long time. But honestly, did we expect them to pull these out at any gigs in the near future anyway? Not really.

im jokin, bb.

ilu xx

Why do you hate me so much? :'(

Though, if I end up not going, I'm not sure what I want.

Either they play rarities, attenders are happy and I will probably get proshots.

Or they don't, and I can shove it in the face of everyone who has defended Matt.

It's impossible to choose :'(

what if they learned from TR tour? what if the setlists become totally insane next tour?!?! :awesome:

who am i kidding. next tour=more of the same crap.

Oh god, he clearly said MAYBE SOME songs. The biggest hits will stay for sure. HM, SD, Screenager, Megalomania are probably gone for a long time. But honestly, did we expect them to pull these out at any gigs in the near future anyway? Not really.

MAYBE SOME songs is hardly clear :LOL:

I know 'the hits' aren't at risk, I hardly give a shit if they're gonna continue playing the same songs they've played for 10 years. But why deny us of older music? We don't expect them to pull these songs out cos they're only interested in 'the hits'!

And I did already mention that they don't really play the other songs anyway, which is precisely why I don't get the need for them to start announcing that they'll 'probably never play them again'. It's a vague, pointless remark that just starts speculation and has no real logic behind it.

I know 'the hits' aren't at risk, I hardly give a shit if they're gonna continue playing the same songs they've played for 10 years. But why deny us of older music? We don't expect them to pull these songs out cos they're only interested in 'the hits'!

And I did already mention that they don't really play the other songs anyway, which is precisely why I don't get the need for them to start announcing that they'll 'probably never play them again'. It's a vague, pointless remark that just starts speculation and has no real logic behind it.

Maybe it's a ploy to make Sunday a sell-out. They know Musers all over the world will be thinking 'OMG I'll never get to see these songs live again, I'll sell my house if I have to to be there'.

We're very pleased to announce that Muse will be headlining this year's Reading and Leeds festivals. The band will close the main stage on Friday August 26th in Leeds and on Sunday August 28th in Reading.

Holy shit that's my birthday! :eek: And what are the chances, my mom said she's take me to England for my 16th birthday, my first time there. I'm so in luck!

That's why I don't really see why you should be so angry about it. They haven't played those songs for years and we never expected them to either but now they're giving us a special gig with these songs as a one-off. It's better hearing the songs one last time than never at all.

Maybe it's a ploy to make Sunday a sell-out. They know Musers all over the world will be thinking 'OMG I'll never get to see these songs live again, I'll sell my house if I have to to be there'.

Sell outs (in every sense) :p

That's why I don't really see why you should be so angry about it. They haven't played those songs for years and we never expected them to either but now they're giving us a special gig with these songs as a one-off. It's better hearing the songs one last time than never at all.

It pisses me off because bands aren't supposed to 'punish' their fans by giving them one great show with their favourite old songs and then saying 'okay, that's it - no more ever again!'

It shouldn't be an expectation to only get 'the hits' and very veeerrrryyyy rarely get something different. How come other bands with extensive back catalogues of songs don't abandon their older ones/can find more of a balance?

Don't get me wrong, no one is more thrilled than I am to be going and actually seeing these songs performed, but it feels a bit backhanded when they offer us shitloads of old tracks in two gigs and then take them away again. For good. It's like giving one piece of candy to a baby and never letting them have another in their lives (lol, food is my analogy!).

Yeah, I'm being a bit drastic, but it's only cos I have an unhealthy love for this album and don't want to see it disappear from the live radar like this.

Archived