Sell outs (in every sense) :p

It pisses me off because bands aren't supposed to 'punish' their fans by giving them one great show with their favourite old songs and then saying 'okay, that's it - no more ever again!'

It shouldn't be an expectation to only get 'the hits' and very veeerrrryyyy rarely get something different. How come other bands with extensive back catalogues of songs don't abandon their older ones/can find more of a balance?

Don't get me wrong, no one is more thrilled than I am to be going and actually seeing these songs performed, but it feels a bit backhanded when they offer us shitloads of old tracks in two gigs and then take them away again. For good. It's like giving one piece of candy to a baby and never letting them have another in their lives (lol, food is my analogy!).

Yeah, I'm being a bit drastic, but it's only cos I have an unhealthy love for this album and don't want to see it disappear from the live radar like this.

You are missing the point.

If Muse don't want to perform these songs for whatever reason, it's their choice. We already know that they're not comfortable playing a bunch of these songs, and we(or I at least) weren't expecting them to ever play them again. This is simply a goodbye to some of the songs(potentially) that otherwise would just never be played again.

You are missing the point.

If Muse don't want to perform these songs for whatever reason, it's their choice. We already know that they're not comfortable playing a bunch of these songs, and we(or I at least) weren't expecting them to ever play them again. This is simply a goodbye to some of the songs(potentially) that otherwise would just never be played again.

I'm not missing the point, I'm disagreeing with it.

Of course it's their choice, I just think it's the wrong one :p. What I'm trying to say is that I don't really get why they're 'uncomfortable' playing the older songs or why the case should be that we shouldn't expect older songs from them. It's because they don't bother with anything but the 'current' or 'biggest' tracks from their back catalogue. That's what I'm calling in to question.

They won't change, and if anything it'll remain this way, but there's nothing that can be done. Apart from moan :chuckle:. Anyway, I'm gonna put this whole 'saying goodbye to songs' stuff out of my head and just concentrate on actually witnessing OoS potentially in full for the first and last time in my life :D. I'll be glad to have lived to see the day!

I'm not missing the point, I'm disagreeing with it.

Of course it's their choice, I just think it's the wrong one :p. What I'm trying to say is that I don't really get why they're 'uncomfortable' playing the older songs or why the case should be that we shouldn't expect older songs from them. It's because they don't bother with anything but the 'current' or 'biggest' tracks from their back catalogue. That's what I'm calling in to question.

They won't change, and if anything it'll remain this way, but there's nothing that can be done. Apart from moan :chuckle:. Anyway, I'm gonna put this whole 'saying goodbye to songs' stuff out of my head and just concentrate on actually witnessing OoS potentially in full for the first and last time in my life :D. I'll be glad to have lived to see the day!

Why does it have to be older songs? They are playing 5 songs out of the 11 on OoS pretty regularly. If they don't want to play the rest, what is there really to complain about? That they aren't playing the songs we want?

Though, I very much doubt that these 25-30 songs that they have been playing on the previous tour are the ONLY songs that they are comfortable playing. Lazy bastards.

The "missing the point" bit was aimed at your reaction towards the "goodbye" bit, like it's somehow worse to play them one last time instead of never playing them again.

Why does it have to be older songs? They are playing 5 songs out of the 11 on OoS pretty regularly. If they don't want to play the rest, what is there really to complain about? That they aren't playing the songs we want?

Though, I very much doubt that these 25-30 songs that they have been playing on the previous tour are the ONLY songs that they are comfortable playing. Lazy bastards.

The "missing the point" bit was aimed at your reaction towards the "goodbye" bit, like it's somehow worse to play them one last time instead of never playing them again.

I don't get it - weren't you one of the army of people moaning that their setlists were too vanilla in the last tour and they don't change it up? Surely that encompasses playing older songs - I'm not just talking about OoS.

About the reaction - I'd rather they play them one last time and not tell us that they won't play them again. That way there's a teeny sliver of hope. That said, I'm hoping they just threw that out there in the moment and they might one day, in the ridiculously far future, bring out some of the old gems when they're marking their 30th anniversary of being a band or something, haha!

This could be a never-ending argument, so I think I'll give it a rest :LOL:

I don't get it - weren't you one of the army of people moaning that their setlists were too vanilla in the last tour and they don't change it up? Surely that encompasses playing older songs - I'm not just talking about OoS.

This could be a never-ending argument, so I think I'll give it a rest :LOL:

Yes I was, because the idiots put these songs in polls. These songs that we never had any chance of hearing anyway, giving everyone false hope.

And like I said, I very much doubt that 25-30 songs is all that they are comfortable playing. Old songs or not, they have more than enough songs from their 3 latest albums to mix things up.

About the reaction - I'd rather they play them one last time and not tell us that they won't play them again. That way there's a teeny sliver of hope. That said, I'm hoping they just threw that out there in the moment and they might one day, in the ridiculously far future, bring out some of the old gems when they're marking their 30th anniversary of being a band or something, haha!

I don't get this. They tell the people who moan about OoS all the time that "we probably won't play it again" (Or something like it) to keep people from getting their hopes crushed in the future. I mean, now we can just get over it and move on. And if they someday decide to bring some old songs back, we'll be pretty happy :awesome:

And like it has been said before, they haven't given any real promises. Just "might" and "some of these songs", so I don't think any song is really lost forever. It's not impossible that Matt someday will start loving an old song that he has been ashamed of for years.

I don't get this. They tell the people who moan about OoS all the time that "we probably won't play it again" (Or something like it) to keep people from getting their hopes crushed in the future. I mean, now we can just get over it and move on. And if they someday decide to bring some old songs back, we'll be pretty happy :awesome:

And like it has been said before, they haven't given any real promises. Just "might" and "some of these songs", so I don't think any song is really lost forever. It's not impossible that Matt someday will start loving an old song that he has been ashamed of for years.

I don't recall them saying 'we won't play it again' in this way. If it was just something they're repeating, I wouldn't have paid as much attention to it. If anything, saying 'this is it' is what crushes hopes of ever hearing some of these songs in future.

Look, I don't want to blow what they've said out of proportion or make some huge deal, my beef with it is simply that Muse is the sort of band that would rather go on record as saying they care little about the older stuff by not wanting to play them again rather than give them more of a chance in their future setlists. That's all.

I don't recall them saying 'we won't play it again' in this way. If it was just something they're repeating, I wouldn't have paid as much attention to it. If anything, saying 'this is it' is what crushes hopes of ever hearing some of these songs in future.

Look, I don't want to blow what they've said out of proportion or make some huge deal, my beef with it is simply that Muse is the sort of band that would rather go on record as saying they care little about the older stuff by not wanting to play them again rather than give them more of a chance in their future setlists. That's all.

Which is where our interpretations of what he said differs. I believe that he was simply saying "look, we know you all love OoS but we don't really enjoy playing most of the songs on it. So rather than having your hopes of Micro Cuts or Hyper Music crushed everytime you go to a show, we'll just tell you now that it probably won't happen. We're not ruling it out, just saying that you shouldn't expect it."

That's basically how I interpreted what he said. I'd rather accept it and move on, acknowledging that I probably won't hear these songs live than to expect it every show.

I mean, I don't think this is anything they came up with over night. I think this is how they have been feeling for most of the tour.

I wonder if they actually plan to play OOS in order. Not that I will be at the festival anyway but personally I'm not a big fan of albums being played track-by-track live. I don't think I'd even want to hear my favouritest album in the world in order from start to finish at a gig.

This is exactly why they're doing it. What better way to partially stem the anger when they say "We're not going to play many of the OOS songs ever again" than to give us a couple of gigs with the entire album in the setlist? It's like giving your child a puppy when their mum has just died.

I'm thrilled to be going to this concert, but I am disappointed with Muse. You'd think they'd enjoy mixing things up again. I, personally, would get extremely bored playing the same songs every single gig. I'd want to bring back rarities for the fans. I will never understand Muse and their bogstandard setlists. Still, I'M FUCKING SEEING OOS LIVE (hopefully)

I'm thrilled to be going to this concert, but I am disappointed with Muse. You'd think they'd enjoy mixing things up again. I, personally, would get extremely bored playing the same songs every single gig. I'd want to bring back rarities for the fans. I will never understand Muse and their bogstandard setlists. Still, I'M FUCKING SEEING OOS LIVE (hopefully)

All of this.

If they did mix up the songs for each gig, the moaners would be screaming that it's unfair someone else got a song that others didn't. That already happened when they mixed the setlists a bit in Australia last year.

If they did mix up the songs for each gig, the moaners would be screaming that it's unfair someone else got a song that others didn't. That already happened when they mixed the setlists a bit in Australia last year.

No, it was unfair that they mixed up the set for a few shows, but not for the rest. But apparently you missed that when you wanted the posts to fit your excuse for Muse's laziness.

And also, the problem with the Australian shows was that they continued this "second night gets rarities".

First night in Brisbane got the standard set, second night got Sunburn, Citizen Erased, MK Ultra and Butterflies & Hurricanes.

No, it was unfair that they mixed up the set for a few shows, but not for the rest. But apparently you missed that when you wanted the posts to fit your excuse for Muse's laziness.

And also, the problem with the Australian shows was that they continued this "second night gets rarities".

First night in Brisbane got the standard set, second night got Sunburn, Citizen Erased, MK Ultra and Butterflies & Hurricanes.

:rolleyes: Umm, when do you think would be the good moment for them starting to mix up the setlists? After a break on a tour, only starting from a new tour or maybe some separate gigs in between? Or should they never start mixing them, because there's always someone who can't attend new gigs and will be disappointed?

Actually I could have as well just reposted the post you replied. This is not leading anywhere.

:rolleyes: Umm, when do you think would be the good moment for them starting to mix up the setlists? After a break on a tour, only starting from a new tour or maybe some separate gigs in between? Or should they never start mixing them, because there's always someone who can't attend new gigs and will be disappointed?

Actually I could have as well just reposted the post you replied. This is not leading anywhere.

What you just said has no point to it whatsoever :LOL:

"because there's always someone who can't attend new gigs and will be disappointed" Once again you post something totally irrelevant that has nothing to do with what anyone is hating on Muse for.

Now, let me explain this to you so we can avoid turning it into setlist beef.

Muse aren't variating their setlists at all, mixing this up usually meant changing the place of some songs, always keeping the standard 15-17 songs every gig.

Now, there have been moments on the tour that had some great setlist in terms of mixing things up, especially in Asia and Australia.

What people are complaining about isn't "Why didn't we get this song?", it's "Why didn't ANY of the previous gigs get anything like this(meaning rare songs, not any songs in particular songs)?"

If they changed after the Brisbane gig, fair enough. But right after that gig everything went back to the normal, standard set.

If you are happy with this, good for you. can't we just leave it at that?

Oh and to answer your question about when I think would be a good moment for them to start. How about from the beginning? And since we can't go back in time, how about right now and then keep going like that?

Oh and to answer your question about when I think would be a good moment for them to start. How about from the beginning? And since we can't go back in time, how about right now and then keep going like that?

No worries, they realized the mistakes they've made and will therefore make it all up with the Leeds/Reading gigs and from then on include rarities in every single gig and atleast not favor Asian countries. :)

No worries, they realized the mistakes they've made and will therefore make it all up with the Leeds/Reading gigs and from then on include rarities in every single gig and atleast not favor Asian countries. :)

If only. :LOL:

Archived