I'm not saying they should just play non-stop :LOL:.

But 30 to 60 second gaps between nearly every song (on average through the gig, ofc) is just a bit silly.

The riffs are another matter altogether. I don't mind them per se but again, over a whole gig, you could fit in about three extra original songs.

Look at the 2009 Resistance Tour, the average gig length was about 16 songs with few, if any, rarities whatsoever. Had they cut back on the riffs/sharpened up the timings, they could have rotated songs like Sunburn, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Butterflies & Hurricanes, etc.

Put it this way; I just think Muse have become A BIT complacent in regards to their live performances in the wake of winning every live act award on the planet. Again, I'm not saying they didn't deserve them back between 2001 and 2005 when they were genuinely incredible live (retaining the spontenaity and pace), but since then, it's all become a bit bloated what with the massive shows, UFOs, lasers, walkways, plinths, acrobats, etc.

That's all folks :).

I'm hoping running through OoS might just bring their minds back to where they were at that time.

I don't think the gaps are too long and I like the riffs. I think it's more a case that they should fit more songs in the setlist anyway like Sunburn, B&H and others.

Recently I watched their 2004 Glasto performance and their 2010 one, and I was slightly ashamed to think that there's a lot of stuff about 2010 I liked more, in a way it seemed a lot more energetic

/goes to destroy oneself

I don't think the gaps are too long and I like the riffs. I think it's more a case that they should fit more songs in the setlist anyway like Sunburn, B&H and others.

Recently I watched their 2004 Glasto performance and their 2010 one, and I was slightly ashamed to think that there's a lot of stuff about 2010 I liked more, in a way it seemed a lot more energetic

/goes to destroy oneself

Ashamed? why? Are we obliged to like the '04 performance more? I said this before and I'll say it again, in my opinion Glasto '04 is a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I know it was pretty important for the band and they performed amazingly well, but it was not their best... I don't know, maybe is because I overwatched that gig and I'm a bored of it or maybe is that I'm pissed because they decided to release that Absolution Tour DVD joke instead of the Earls Court gigs :p; but anyway, I enjoyed their 2010 set a lot, too.

Wait, what?

Actually, that is slightly unfair, Matt just has foreign lznguage cues written on the setlist for gigs in further flung locations.

However, at Wembley 2007, there are pics if setlists with speech cues on them. Again, perhaps unfair because they were Muse's biggest gigs to date then and they must have been nervous as hell.

Actually, that is slightly unfair, Matt just has foreign lznguage cues written on the setlist for gigs in further flung locations.

However, at Wembley 2007, there are pics if setlists with speech cues on them. Again, perhaps unfair because they were Muse's biggest gigs to date then and they must have been nervous as hell.

Yeah, if I was doing my first gigs at Wembley... I'd fucking make sure I'd have speech cues on my setlists.

This made me realise how great it's going to be at Reading/Leeds when half the crowd are going "FUCK YEAH!" and singing along to lesser-known songs like Space Dementia and Hyper Music, while the other half are going to be dancing along and having a great time, but mutter "WTF?!" under their breaths :LOL:

At least with this, it'll require a major, major rethink of the setlist. The latter half of the main setlist (the UD-Starlight-TIRO-PiB section) was a bit predictable and less than thrilling, even the first time.

They keep banging on about Reading being a 'proper rock' festival.

Here's hoping they tailor the second half properly!

Guiding Light

Neutron Star Collision

Hysteria

Unintended

Time Is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

Oh no... that would mean they'd have to play 17 songs. Scratch that.

Oh Dee, the epitome of hope :chuckle:

Uprising

Hysteria/Resistance

Starlight

Time is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug in Baby

Knights of Cydonia

That's what I'm expecting after the epicness of OoS.

Really?

As I've said before, switching back to autopilot after something as epic as OoS in full would be seriously dull and unimpressive.

And fuck Muse if they close with Knights again (highly likely).

After all the talk of Reading (& by extension, Leeds) being a favourite rock fest of the boys, I'm hoping they won't be lazy! That means we get an hour of OoS, then an hour of hits with a couple of other rarities thrown in (i.e. Dead Star, Showbiz, etc.).....

A GUY CAN DREAM!!

After all the talk of Reading (& by extension, Leeds) being a favourite rock fest of the boys, I'm hoping they won't be lazy! That means we get an hour of OoS, then an hour of hits with a couple of other rarities thrown in (i.e. Dead Star, Showbiz, etc.).....

They're already playing 8 rarities, that's half of the setlist, most of which will never be played again. You'd think that would be enough. :rolleyes:

Hyper Music, Screenager, Dark Shines, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts and Megalomania are the only real rarities ;) CE and Bliss can't be classed as that since they've been played every other gig for a year.

Still I can understand if we don't get any other rarities, for them, playing their best album is such a tough ordeal :supersad:

They're already playing 8 rarities, that's half of the setlist, most of which will never be played again. You'd think that would be enough. :rolleyes:

Well it's more that these are one-offs, so they might as well make an effort for the entire gig, and not just half of it.

They keep banging on about Reading being a 'proper rock' festival.

Here's hoping they tailor the second half properly!

After the main set containing 11 songs from OoS I'd be pretty happy with an encore of

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome

Interlude + Hysteria

Uprising

Supermassive

Time Is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

and maybe MOTP for the hell of it, or MK Ultra

Not necessarily in that order, although I do actually think Knights should close, because personally I think it does well to close the set. Stockholm would be the only other contender really for me out of those songs that could close it, but I think that it's better at closing the main set before an encore really. Take a Bow, Knights and Bliss are Muse's best closers imo

For once they are doing a gig that caters for both audiences the casual listeners with the greatest hits and the hardcore fans with the OoS rarities but obviously for some people it's not enough.

After the main set containing 11 songs from OoS I'd be pretty happy with an encore of

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome

Interlude + Hysteria

Uprising

Supermassive

Time Is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

and maybe MOTP for the hell of it, or MK Ultra

Not necessarily in that order, although I do actually think Knights should close, because personally I think it does well to close the set. Stockholm would be the only other contender really for me out of those songs that could close it, but I think that it's better at closing the main set before an encore really. Take a Bow, Knights and Bliss are Muse's best closers imo

Pretty much my predictions although I am not expecting Dead Star. I do hope they close with Stockholm instead of KoC just for a change.

Muse fans will never be happy, you should know that :p

Archived