Tom Kirk interview about working with Muse, January 2011

Sunlight

Nice and informative interview, Thanks! I have to say Tom does a fantastic job w/the managing the website and the creative visuals for the concerts! And I just loved the 3D experience of Citizen Erased!

I'm soooooooo happy to know that Matt's working on some new music already! :D

Was a treat to see the childhood picture of Matt, Dom and Tom together...Never realized the 3 of them knew each other for that long! That's great! :)

What a lovely interview. I enjoyed that. So many little bits that gave insight into how it is for them.:happy:

Made me laugh the bit about Kelly not being comfortable about having the contents of her womb beamed onto the side of a spaceship! I wonder who's idea that was, I bet it was Matt's! :D And Chris would have obviously have had to do the asking! Just tickled me the idea of four guys seemingly having no idea how weird it was to request that! :LOL: And um, can't even say what entered my head! But :chuckle:

Sounds like there will be performers at the Grammys.

I thought it was nice that he talked about Glastonbury. I felt it was special too. He confirmed that they were fearful before which is understandable. It was so nice when it all went well. :happy:

Oh and the 360 degree videos. So glad Tom is thinking of continuing with that idea, and nice that they picked up on the broadband problems. It means they are listening! :)

And Matt does write some lovely melodies, it doesn't mean it will end up soft. Good to hear that they are already working on the album though and that they're even thinking of trying for this year! I don't think that will happen but blimey! That's fast!

Loads of stuff in there. Great interview, thanks for posting. :happy:

Made me laugh the bit about Kelly not being comfortable about having the contents of her womb beamed onto the side of a spaceship! I wonder who's idea that was, I bet it was Matt's! :D And Chris would have obviously have had to do the asking! Just tickled me the idea of four guys seemingly having no idea how weird it was to request that! :LOL: And um, can't even say what entered my head! But :chuckle:

That just made me go.. :wtf: ... :LOL:

No wonder she said no, that's one creepy request!

Thanks guys!:)

Great interview, Ben! Good questions too. How did you get access to Teh Kirk?

"Matt's having a busy year" - :LOL: That Tom, such a master of understatement!

I'm personally looking forward to the 'lovely melodies' - like already said, a melodic song doesn't mean a lullaby. I'm certainly in the minority, but I'd love to hear them go acoustic.

"Performers" at the Grammys huh? Don't know whether to be excited or scared (a lot of both actually). Didn't I read here about a dancer person considering whether to audition for Muse's performance? I guess that was true.

And I really don't know what to say about projecting Kelly's womb onto a spaceship. That's just too bizarre for words -- I am 100% sure that was Matt's idea.

Omg that would have been amazing if they'd projected Chris's baby in the womb on a UFO :LOL:. That'd be the most unique thing... next to projecting on the moon, of course :chuckle:

And FUCK YEAH to the Italians being loudest... San Siro was fecking mental. Everyone really was singing every musical note... the intro to Resistance was fucking fantastic - such an electric atmosphere hearing thousands of people chanting to a song, haha. It was an even bigger shock cos, before Muse came on stage, pretty much the whole crowd was lying down on the pitch, stoned off their faces :LOL:. It's like some Muse switch had been flicked on in their brains and everyone went wild the second the band was on stage. Awesome gig; I'll never forget it :D.

Archived