Muse Fear Show Lasers Will Blind Them

chudenk

British rockers MUSE worry about the effects their elaborate stage shows have on their health - they're convinced their powerful lasers will one day blind them.

The Supermassive Black Hole hitmakers are renowned for their elaborate live productions, which often feature bright beams and light shows.

But the musicians have concerns about their vision after a concert stunt made them realise how damaging the lasers can be.

Drummer Dominic Howard says, "We got some big white balloons, threw them into the audience and decided to focus the lasers on them. It was like a slow burn that gradually disintegrated them into nothing. We all thought, 'What the hell will our corneas be like in 20 years?'

"We could end up like that amazing vocal group the Blind Boys of Alabama - getting around doing it really well but not seeing anything."

source

Oh sure, they're so very worried about the dangers of lasers that Matt likes to deflect them onto the crowd with a mirror!:LOL::rolleyes:

The crowd only get hit by the lasers for a small portion of a gig... Muse get hit by the lasers on a gig-by-gig basis. Big difference there.

whoo whoo whoo health and saftey police say no to lasers or any nice things on stage.. maybe they could focus all the lasers at the moon and blow it up :)

id have thought that rehersals and stage testing would rule out any kind of badness with their light shows.. but yea i suppose people do make mistakes puttin the sets together

uhm,

i actually don't see how the lasers would hit them in the eyes?

they probably have their back turned to the lasers anyways?

It's not the fact that they would necessarily be 'hit'... Although that wouldn't be good, I think theyre worried about the power of the lights.. If you've gone to a concert, you know how deadly blinding some of them are, especially small gigs!! I thought I was gonna go blind at John butler trio!! Lol blinding lights at a small gig... Don't Judge!! Haha

Archived