What marshall amp do you have? Avt?

yeah

Tis a Valvestate.

My mistake.

Sorry.

I knew it was a valve amp of some sort, but never really paid that close attention...

In order to distract you all so that I can escape before you beat me to a pulp... HEY LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE!

yeah

Tis a Valvestate.

My mistake.

Sorry.

I knew it was a valve amp of some sort, but never really paid that close attention...

In order to distract you all so that I can escape before you beat me to a pulp... HEY LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE!

Lol just lol.

my first amp was a valvestate.

i still dont think theyre that bad for the money, i had the 30 watt one

My third amp was an AVT 150. Worst thing I could of bought considering an all valve amp with the Marshall name on it was only £50 more. :$ I bought it because it was a 4x12 plus head deal, thinking it would be extra 1337.

that's total bollocks. valve amps distort turned up, down they are clean, simple as.

if you want good sounding distortion, then yes, you do need to turn up and no solid states don't sound the same at all volumes and if you're destroying the speaker, that's because you're using a cheap speaker.

the main difference between valves and solid state is the type of distortion, if you use a pedal for distortion, you are usually using solid state circuitry.

and valve amps aren't fragile and don't have fans. how the fuck are morons allowed to post bollocks?

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Deprived of oxygen in the womb?

The more you drive a valve amp the better it sounds, I can't remember exactly why, something to do with different harmonics being generated.

A solid state amp with the gain set to 4 for ex. everything else neutral SHOULD give the same sound at all volumes.

A Valve up with ex. the Volume set to 5 will give a different sound depending on what you have the master set to.

Valve amps aren't fragile as such, and some do have fans, they get pretty hot if you play them for a while.

The more you drive a valve amp the better it sounds, I can't remember exactly why, something to do with different harmonics being generated.

A solid state amp with the gain set to 4 for ex. everything else neutral SHOULD give the same sound at all volumes.

A Valve up with ex. the Volume set to 5 will give a different sound depending on what you have the master set to.

Valve amps aren't fragile as such, and some do have fans, they get pretty hot if you play them for a while.

You just agreed with him... :LOL:

find an example of a full valve amp with a fan, and you get a cookie.

Guest bshuker
You just agreed with him... :LOL:

find an example of a full valve amp with a fan, and you get a cookie.

:yesey: The ONLY time a 'valve' amp has a fan is if it's valvestate. Which IMHO isn't worth going into.

Don't make me scrounge for a picture of the fans that are in some of the Mesas (i'm being totalleh serial)

u r right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVTj08qTwGw

0:27

mah harmonics got squashed :(

Archived