Good amp? Matchless Chieftain with a squier tele, heard it on youtube and the guy was getting slated for using a squier. :LOL: Sounded pretty awesome tbh.

Hahaha, squiers aren't bad in my opinion - well, most of them

try a starcaster (the cheap chinese strat type :( ) through any amp though...not sure.

Hahaha, squiers aren't bad in my opinion - well, most of them

try a starcaster (the cheap chinese strat type :( ) through any amp though...not sure.

Not sure really, as long as the guitar fits the person who has it (the way it plays and feels) that's all that really matters. It's a bit petty to say 'squier are shit COZ I R HAZ FENDER', when I know a few players who use squiers get better tone from them because the instrument fits them better if you know what I mean? Squiers are the perfect cheap guitar really.

Not sure really, as long as the guitar fits the person who has it (the way it plays and feels) that's all that really matters. It's a bit petty to say 'squier are shit COZ I R HAZ FENDER', when I know a few players who use squiers get better tone from them because the instrument fits them better if you know what I mean? Squiers are the perfect cheap guitar really.

Yeah, understand that

fernandes lol

a shit guitar through a good amp will sound better than a great guitar through a shit amp.

but being able to play well makes a massive difference, more so than pickups or any other bollocks.

+1 Tru fax. There's a blues player who's been using a Yamaha Tele model for the past 19 years stock. Sounds amazing.

You don't even need to change the pick ups. A shitty Encore can sound good through a good amp.

Well yes.

I admit that my Squier Strat sounds at least bearably good through my Marshall.

And if you're using a fair amount of distortion, does it really matter that much? As long as the notes can be heard, and you get an equal amount of sound from the lower strings and higher strings (which is fixable just by changing pickup height, in most cases) then the extra sound quality is pretty unneeded unless you're doing more than bedroom guitaring (or even small, local gigs) and need things to sound immaculate.

But it's always pretty advisable to change your pick-ups from the stock ones in a cheap £100ish guitar. Especially if you're planning on ever recording it. (although the stocks will do; they just won't sound as great)

Guitars like Fenders and Gibsons are like Ferraris and Lamborghinis; A cheap Ford will get you from A to B, but the "Ferraris" and "Lamborghinis" have higher quality parts, are made with tougher materials and are built with more care, and not in a sweatshop somewhere in China/Korea/Japan/Indonesia. (which brings the price down a LOT - I read an article about how Gibson puts together their guitars and it's such a lengthy process)

Well yes.

And if you're using a fair amount of distortion, does it really matter that much? As long as the notes can be heard, and you get an equal amount of sound from the lower strings and higher strings (which is fixable just by changing pickup height, in most cases) then the extra sound quality is pretty unneeded unless you're doing more than bedroom guitaring (or even small, local gigs) and need things to sound immaculate.

But it's always pretty advisable to change your pick-ups from the stock ones in a cheap £100ish guitar. Especially if you're planning on ever recording it. (although the stocks will do; they just won't sound as great)

but w0t if i lyk it, do i has 2 change teh pickupz

Well yes.

You don't really need to change anything on a squier. Just get it set up right and everything fits perfect. Pick up changes aren't really needed unless you're trying to get your favorite guitar to sound heavier or lighter. For instance getting a strat to sound somewhat fatter. If you're happy with the sound of it from the get go there really isn't a need to change them. I regret not still having my squier strat in a weird way.

You don't really need to change anything on a squier. Just get it set up right and everything fits perfect. Pick up changes aren't really needed unless you're trying to get your favorite guitar to sound heavier or lighter. For instance getting a strat to sound somewhat fatter. If you're happy with the sound of it from the get go there really isn't a need to change them. I regret not still having my squier strat in a weird way.

Hmm I guess.

I haven't actually changed my Strat's pickups yet, and while I can live with the stock pickups for a while longer, I think it would just get a better sound with different, better pick-ups. More variety in sound, and more definition and sustain.

But each to their own.

Hmm I guess.

I haven't actually changed my Strat's pickups yet, and while I can live with the stock pickups for a while longer, I think it would just get a better sound with different, better pick-ups. More variety in sound, and more definition and sustain.

But each to their own.

As I stated if you get it set up right you'll hear a difference. It's a bit like saying 'I can get my Ferrari to sound better if I change the engine at great cost'.

A decent set up makes a world of difference. Stock tele's and strats at any price range will sound better through a decent amp. And through a decent amp you will get more sustain and variety. It's not all down to the guitar. If you're playing through a mediocre AVT you won't really be able to tell what the guitar is really capable of.

Hmm I guess.

But each to their own.

no, that's total nonsense. used plenty of after-market pickups that have had no variation.

the amp, your ability, the volume you play at etc makes all the difference. there's alot going on after the pickups that it's not really worth bothering with until you've exhausted everything else. start from the last link in your chain and work backwards.

really, the only time you need to change pickups is when your current ones are microphonic, or are REALLY not what you're looking for (we're talking using a bareknuckle warpig to play jazz or something, though that could still be done convincingly)

True fax are true. :yesey:

Washburn wi200 proe

An Amazing guitar. Washburn's are so underrated, i mean i prefer this to any of my past teles or ibanez's. Its an amazingly built guitar. Great hardward, buzz feiten tuning system, and the best part it 2 ACTIVE EMG PICKUPS. An 81 in the bridge and a 85 in the neck. And considering you would get much change from £200 for just the pickup and active circuit, £269.99, the price i got it for NEW is amazing. I mean epiphone zakk wylde models at like £500 dont even have emg 81's n 85 they have crummy emg hzw or w/e! its far better to play, in my opinion than any of my usa teles which i've had in the past and the neck its really nice and has a great feel! Pics:

wash1jy3.png

wash2tv7.png

wash3pd1.png

Oh and :) i thought i'd put in that pic with my other guitar just in shot there :)

marshall2xz5.png

Archived