That's the non master volume :awesome: Get it, just keep in mind that they're LOUD and you won't be able to get distortion from the amp itself unless you crank it up (although there is a way around this, but it doesn't work too well in my opinion)

Do you know if it's a V4 or a V4B? I recall Josh used the V4B, but I'm not completely sure what the difference is between the two (besides that the V4B was for bass?)

Awesome, having an eBay selling spree so hopefully should have enough soon... :ninja:

I don't know if its a V4B or V4 yet, I'll message the guy tomorrow.

edit:

set it exactly like this

dnkv8x6.jpg

I'm sure I've seen a picture of his pedalboard where it was set like that as well. Weird because SDFX said he always kept it on the dirty setting

Nice one cheers for those settings, got delivery confirmation today so should be here by the end of the week :awesome:

my two new ones.

They look fantastic!

It arrived! :awesome:

Sounds fantastic with my Big Muff although I really need to look out for either a cheap-ish ultimate octave, or just get the Joyo clone (heard there is a simple mod for this which makes it sound much better...)

qluLYpf.jpg?2

Got one of those orange pre-EQ things with the fancy name, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

And also, for $35, I'm not expecting anything particularly special, but...

Frenchtoast.gif

With my QOTSA/Dave tone obsession, I learned that a foxx tone machine was used on SFTD, and since I can't find one of those, this will do ... for now

This make it look great!

danelectro-french-toast-11551419-o.jpg

Really tempted by one of these myself, seem really hard to find in the UK though, Amazon have one listed for £80! So im going to do some ebay hunting.

But first Ampeg must be brought... #soon :ninja:

Excellent

I've never tried mine with a big muff. Supposedly the ultimate octave is more of a tone bender type fuzz, but I haven't had one of those before

Oh and if you want, I can forward you one for about $50? The pedal is $35, and shipping should be no more than $15.

Excellent

I've never tried mine with a big muff. Supposedly the ultimate octave is more of a tone bender type fuzz, but I haven't had one of those before

Oh and if you want, I can forward you one for about $50? The pedal is $35, and shipping should be no more than $15.

Definitely works well with the big muff!

That would be awesome, currently im trying to get the money together for that ampeg, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer afterwards! :awesome:

The only thing is the PDF-1 has pretty tall screws on the base after taking off the rubber feet, so even with velcro over the screws, its struggling to stick to my pedalboard, might have to find some flat screws to replace them...

Definitely works well with the big muff!

That would be awesome, currently im trying to get the money together for that ampeg, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer afterwards! :awesome:

I'll have to try that then, though mine is one of the black russian ones (not sure which version)

And sounds good! Let me know when you're ready

The only thing is the PDF-1 has pretty tall screws on the base after taking off the rubber feet, so even with velcro over the screws, its struggling to stick to my pedalboard, might have to find some flat screws to replace them...

Yeah I had the same problem. I stuck it on my board like that, and it seems to stick, but not as well as one would like.

I might do a sound clip when I get the VT40 back from being serviced. I'm still looking for a place that has an original foxx tone machine that I can try before buying though...

It sounds like it's used on this quite a bit. Some tracks (first it giveth) were supposedly the VT40 all the way up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ7c-2i9AxM

I think this is as close as I'm going to get for now...

ccWL63u.jpg

I might do a sound clip when I get the VT40 back from being serviced. I'm still looking for a place that has an original foxx tone machine that I can try before buying though...

It sounds like it's used on this quite a bit. Some tracks (first it giveth) were supposedly the VT40 all the way up though

Been watching some demos of the FTM's and they do it sound epic, don't know how true this is but I read that the creator of the Fox Tone Machine actually now works for Danelectro and that is why so many say the "French toast" is an accurate clone just with cheapo parts?

Anything wrong with the ampeg or was it just having a simple service? Heard they can be quite temperamental?

I think this is as close as I'm going to get for now...

ccWL63u.jpg

:LOL:

Been watching some demos of the FTM's and they do it sound epic, don't know how true this is but I read that the creator of the Fox Tone Machine actually now works for Danelectro and that is why so many say the "French toast" is an accurate clone just with cheapo parts?

Anything wrong with the ampeg or was it just having a simple service? Heard they can be quite temperamental?

:LOL:

Yeah that's what I read as well. Supposedly he designed all of the mini danelectro pedals.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I'm aware - I'm mainly having it serviced now due to age and a previous repair which isn't up to my standards :phu:

I don't think they're anymore temperamental than most old amps out there. I'd say when it comes to age, U.K. made amps are a bit more temperamental if you don't take care of them. I'm not entirely sure why, but I imagine it's down to the components that were available.

I don't know if it's the original designer, but the FT sounds the same, because it's the same circuit. Simples.

James, you should just get a clone built, save the hassle.

Any idea who could build me a clone? :ninja: I do have a specific sound I want. This one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSvHe6s-eE

My '91 Jap Strat needs a refret, but I've been putting it off for years as I'm worried about them making a mess. Can you see where it's been refretted? How much do Mansons charge? Don't dare refret it myself.

For what it's worth, I had the guitar I mentioned done by them as well. The only real difference is the new lacquer on the fretboard - it's not as worn in as what was on there before, but the shade and everything matches perfectly.

Although I'm not sure if they usually refinish the board like that, since mine was flaking off when they were removing the frets

I'm guessing yours is unfinished rosewood though. I have them re-fretting a rosewood fretboard guitar at the moment actually.

For what it's worth, I had the guitar I mentioned done by them as well. The only real difference is the new lacquer on the fretboard - it's not as worn in as what was on there before, but the shade and everything matches perfectly.

I'd totally agree with that, the back of the neck looks 40 years old, the front looked like my '72 Tele reissue but there not a lot they can do about that, it plays so much better than it did

This is before the refet so it was well used

1973%20Telecaster%20Deluxe%203_zpscpidjlpe.jpg

:)

I'd totally agree with that, the back of the neck looks 40 years old, the front looked like my '72 Tele reissue but there not a lot they can do about that, it plays so much better than it did

This is before the refet so it was well used

:)

Mine doesn't look quite like that, but it was definitely played loads judging by the amount of fret life left. It's not so much the wear, but that the new lacquer on the fretboard looks a bit more shiny than the original lacquer on the back of the neck. It's still very close though.

I don't think Jaicen would have anything to worry about though, especially if it's unfinished rosewood

Archived