Goodies?

I don't buy Ernies, I'm all about D'Addorio's these days as I find they hold intonation and last longer. I used to use Slinkies :facepalm:

Edit: I get the triple packs of strings, they're only about £17??

Yeah, the LP pictured on the last page (which has had a few changes since), a few pedals, and one of those platinum straps (in red of course)

As for the strings, I prefer EBs for the sound alone. I do agree about the intonation and somewhat shorter life they have, but I've always found d'addarios to be a little too neutral sounding.

And I don't know. I just saw that the place I usually get my strings from now charges $7 a pack (compared to $5 like before). Might as well go for some rotosounds at that rate!

Yeah, the LP pictured on the last page (which has had a few changes since), a few pedals, and one of those platinum straps (in red of course)

As for the strings, I prefer EBs for the sound alone. I do agree about the intonation and somewhat shorter life they have, but I've always found d'addarios to be a little too neutral sounding.

And I don't know. I just saw that the place I usually get my strings from now charges $7 a pack (compared to $5 like before). Might as well go for some rotosounds at that rate!

This may be why they work for me, in addition to the intonation as I'm a fiend for perfect intonation and I can really hear when it's not right.

I cannot see past Elixir nano webs for guitar and Hibeams for bass. Last forever!!

I don't mind them on acoustic as I like a warmer tone, but I don't use them on electric guitar as I change too regularly to get a benefit. I think that even if the strings aren't corroded, they lose tone as they get old.

This may be why they work for me, in addition to the intonation as I'm a fiend for perfect intonation and I can really hear when it's not right.

Yeah same, but did you find that the EBs didn't have good intonation at first, or when they got old?

I did have to change a set of strings not too long ago because the A was off no matter what I did. They weren't THAT old, but not brand new.

Also, I'm curious now. I wonder if a set of d'addarios would improve the intonation on the strat I have, which needs the pickups nearly flat against the pickguard, otherwise the wound strings go flat...

Also, I'm curious now. I wonder if a set of d'addarios would improve the intonation on the strat I have, which needs the pickups nearly flat against the pickguard, otherwise the wound strings go flat...

I used to use d'addarios but switched to EB hybrid slinkys, but they don't seem to last as long on my strat compared to guitars with ToM bridges. Does the intonation on yours go out by quite a lot with the EBs? Haven't really noticed that on mine, but I only usually check the intonation when the strings are new.

I used to use d'addarios but switched to EB hybrid slinkys, but they don't seem to last as long on my strat compared to guitars with ToM bridges. Does the intonation on yours go out by quite a lot with the EBs? Haven't really noticed that on mine, but I only usually check the intonation when the strings are new.

Might be worth cleaning the saddles on your strat.

And nah, it doesn't really go out or anything, as I change them as soon as they sound a bit dead. Most of the time I only have to set the intonation once and it's usually fine when I check it at the next string change... except if something else needs adjusting, then that throws everything off.

Yeah same, but did you find that the EBs didn't have good intonation at first, or when they got old?

I did have to change a set of strings not too long ago because the A was off no matter what I did. They weren't THAT old, but not brand new.

In all honesty, I don't have any scientific testing for the strings. I had a couple of sets of EB's, then used Daddorios, and they seemed better so I stuck with them. The EB's I could never get in tune for some reason, they never bed in the same.

I get what you mean. I haven't tried any other brands besides rotosound in a while, but the EBs do take a bit of time to break in and hold tuning.

I will say that the rotos on one of my guitars that I play probably once a week have been on there since late last year, and it's just about in tune every time I pick it up (although that probably has more to do with the guitar itself? it's certainly a nicely 'seasoned' one...) They're a bit dead at this point, but not completely.

Worth noting that they're 12's tuned down two steps, but still...

I might grab a set of the d'addario 10's and put them on the next guitar I restring to see if there's a noticeable difference.

Might be worth cleaning the saddles on your strat.

And nah, it doesn't really go out or anything, as I change them as soon as they sound a bit dead. Most of the time I only have to set the intonation once and it's usually fine when I check it at the next string change... except if something else needs adjusting, then that throws everything off.

I usually give everything a clean when the strings are off. The strings don't break though, just they sound kind of dead quicker than on my other guitars. Might have something to do with the tension changing a lot with the tremolo though.

Yeah that's probably it. I don't want to tell you to KoC less, but....

Also, does it gots mojo?

13178559_10154000631695944_2244745764519558705_n.jpg?oh=c53c013c202072a4f3183efe35b45809&oe=57E2DE54

13177240_10154000632100944_3617465434147361006_n.jpg?oh=cd98545037d2124b32ac30c6fd69f260&oe=57E1EA04

Lots of character with this one. Not sure what the history is, but considering it's from 1995 and has this much wear, Jim must have been one of the previous owners

Also, the headstock repair seems solid. Accidentally smacked it against the table and it didn't fall off again. :nerd:

Yeah that's probably it. I don't want to tell you to KoC less, but....

Also, does it gots mojo?

13178559_10154000631695944_2244745764519558705_n.jpg?oh=c53c013c202072a4f3183efe35b45809&oe=57E2DE54

13177240_10154000632100944_3617465434147361006_n.jpg?oh=cd98545037d2124b32ac30c6fd69f260&oe=57E1EA04

Lots of character with this one. Not sure what the history is, but considering it's from 1995 and has this much wear, Jim must have been one of the previous owners

Also, the headstock repair seems solid. Accidentally smacked it against the table and it didn't fall off again. :nerd:

Can never KoC too much.

That les paul's a really nice colour. Hoping witz posts a few pictures of his gold one when it's finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I'm missing out not having these analogue delays. But it's ok since I don't use delay a whole lot (I know Jim is still upset after I mentioned this in public not long ago)

Have you still got your super bass?

• 5 weeks later...
I feel like I haven't been here in ages and James is still rescuing wangcas... Wait, that looks different.

It lives!

I don't know the story behind it, but there was one in the Emex catalog called the Pariaxe that seems to be the equivalent to this. I've never actually seen that version of it, but there was another Shadow version for sale in 2007 (by the same seller that had the blue Londaxe and Romaxe)

I need to figure out the best way to bring this back to the US. I think I might be able to remove the neck and fit it in my suitcase... not sure if it's a good idea though

It lives!

I don't know the story behind it, but there was one in the Emex catalog called the Pariaxe that seems to be the equivalent to this. I've never actually seen that version of it, but there was another Shadow version for sale in 2007 (by the same seller that had the blue Londaxe and Romaxe)

I need to figure out the best way to bring this back to the US. I think I might be able to remove the neck and fit it in my suitcase... not sure if it's a good idea though

Did it come with a case? I think it might be worth it calling your airline and checking. They might let you bring it as a carry on

It came with a gig bag, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me take it as a carry on because of size. Thing is about this one is that it's really fragile, so if it was sent over, I'd have to take the neck off anyway.

Yeah, then I think wrapping the neck and body separately in some clothes and putting it in your carry on backpack sounds safer. Might want to avoid checked bags though because there can be sudden temp changes in the back of the plane/ during transport :$

More concerned about something actually happening to it because of security or someone throwing the suitcase. I'm going to have it shipped over I think, but with the neck removed... the neck joint isn't exactly a solid design, as I've found out with both londaxes (???) I've owned. One was repaired and went to Crowella, and the other is currently a bunch parts on my shelf....

More concerned about something actually happening to it because of security or someone throwing the suitcase. I'm going to have it shipped over I think, but with the neck removed... the neck joint isn't exactly a solid design, as I've found out with both londaxes (???) I've owned. One was repaired and went to Crowella, and the other is currently a bunch parts on my shelf....

If you want to get rid of it, I can have a solution for you...:ninja:

Archived