Normally I would be concerned that Dave didn't post his annual visitor message on my profile, but I'm impressed that he remembered two years in a row.

Is it sad that after 2 years in K&T I now feel proud that I remember/understand most of the references and events such as Dave's annual happy birthdays that go on in this part of the forum?

I almost think we need a comedy dictionary explaining all the terms of k&T and where they came from. Might help new members understand why Mars bars are so valuable and if you don't have a picture of something it instantly becomes a soldano :LOL:

Oh and I forgot of course it would attempt to explain BS...

And of course it would fail miserably at that :ninja:

Is it sad that after 2 years in K&T I now feel proud that I remember/understand most of the references and events such as Dave's annual happy birthdays that go on in this part of the forum?

I almost think we need a comedy dictionary explaining all the terms of k&T and where they came from. Might help new members understand why Mars bars are so valuable and if you don't have a picture of something it instantly becomes a soldano :LOL:

Oh and I forgot of course it would attempt to explain BS...

And of course it would fail miserably at that :ninja:

Way ahead of you...

£5 and a mars bar: I think it was that Russell guy who came up with this. He was offering to buy stuff in the original selling thread with these as payment.

fuck off tyechan: no explanation needed. FOT

big yellow text: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=6874882#post6874882

twisty kaoss pad: "u no on some of matt's guitars the kaoss pad is not actualy a pad its just 2 knobs is there a box like this and were can i get hold of one"

barre chords: no link for this unfortunately, it was the first ever KnT meme

man points: Niel made this up to compensate for owning an xbox or something like that

pics or it's a soldano: basically like pics or it didn't happen, but someone lied about having a soldano decatone (it was actually a peavey valve king), so it's pics or a soldano

peddles: From what I remember, this was a typo that someone made, and then cheddatom probably made a rap out of it.

obviously, you pwned it to make it die: scottST giving advice on a macbook battery that was dying prematurely.

i don't like your floor: it had something to do with zooropa's shop floor being ugly and covered in sawdust from what i recall

whammy: WHAMMY

are monsterbuckers still good? (well are they?)

never mind, it's a lamp: http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=9239344&postcount=5295

iPhone pictures: Sorry for the quality, this picture was ONLY taken on my iPhone 6+

Magic bridge: I think we all know what this is about.

That didn't even cover Valentin Selezynov and the perfect E5.

Or that SUPERB QUALITY HAND CRAFTED MUSICAL INSTRUMENT MADE BY MASTER LUTHIER WILLIAM TURNER ... it was made in his meth lab workshop, and included parts of big sweaty afro™

Or the guy who wrote this

i did i tryed to play plug in baby then i sort of was a success but i wanted to play in my neck as like matthew did and i was really dizzy from spinning around fell on the ground but now back for the spinning part the trick

1. you learn to play plug in baby with your eyes not looking at the fretboard

2. then after you can play the intro that way try doing it with your eyes totaly closed and try and focus on your guitar nothing around you

3.(most important thing if you can't do this then you will not do the spins so easily)you have to have trust and faith in yourself let me give a example if your are not of those people who dare to do a front or back flip on a trampoline or something will not be so sure if they could spin while playing plug in baby (i can do a backflip on the trampoline so)

4.the moment of truth at this point you can play plug in baby while not looking ,now you have to concentrade on your guitar and spinning AND NOT ON YOUR SPACE TO SPIN ON(i recommend you try to practise this outside where there is enuf space since matthew has a big stage to the spin on)Now start to spin around and try to play plug in baby and FOCUS ON THE GUITAR AND SPINNING not on your space it will be scary but it gets normal after sometime

I guess this hasn't helped you much and it will get much quoted because it's stupid or something but i learned it this way and yes the only way to be able to do it PWOPERly to not face your fear of falling or crashing into something with fear but with faith inyourself and trust

I completely forgot this year

Forgive me :supersad:

It's ok, I tend to keep quiet about it. I even have it hidden on Facebook (really just to prevent awkward birthday messages from family members)

PM me your main account - I completely forgot to add you that time, and I'm guessing you deleted the Dave_FullStop account

i thought it was for running JB tinder game

yeah that too

That's why I very rarely post outside of groups/messages... I only made two public posts in 2015, which were both photo albums. I hope you all don't think I'm pulling a Bs on you. I don't think he's even lurking. I'm always on, I just never say anything at the risk of what I mentioned earlier

Also, recent purchase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaF0_cbKmLw

3:45

I don't use it for any of that ambient stuff.

yeah that too

That's why I very rarely post outside of groups/messages... I only made two public posts in 2015, which were both photo albums. I hope you all don't think I'm pulling a Bs on you. I don't think he's even lurking. I'm always on, I just never say anything at the risk of what I mentioned earlier

Also, recent purchase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaF0_cbKmLw

3:45

I don't use it for any of that ambient stuff.

Do you have any reverb pedals nowadays? Putting this after the reverb's wet only (or dry kill) output and then mixing it with your guitar signal (or using 2 amps) you could do the original ambient guitar meme, the shimmerverb

I think I know what you're referring to

I do have a reverb pedal. I've had the same one on my peddle bored for quite a while now, but I really use it for the interlude effect :facepalm: I'm probably going to use my DSL 100's built in reverb as a more normal reverb if I want that (though it's nothing special, like most Marshall reverbs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V894j9nBbLQ

I just turn everything up all the way. I learned that trick from MB. :ninja:

• 2 months later...

Since I haven't posted here in a stupid amount of time, something like 4 years, I'm going to show ya'll what I've gotten in the past few months.

12345446_978138648898526_8316780531508539045_n.thumb.jpg.ac61151decbce068a769a59eda56eaa8.jpg

Ibanez rg mahogany top. The 5 way pickup selector is what I love about this guitar. It's got two single coil configurations. Wonderful guitar for its price. Just gonna swap out the tuners and pickups and I'll be good to go.

11898844_934695023242889_696149057326615548_n.thumb.jpg.ee1b0056a4c7c8b5b8e5768ffa221d8c.jpg

11951744_934695056576219_2486063771701173446_n.jpg.735db62600278e0cac20d9f710410757.jpg

Agile 7 String Interceptor Pro. Slightly longer scale length. Floyd Rose. Ebony fretboard with no inlays. EMG 707 pickups. She's a beauty. Agile guitars are some of the best I've played. Their guitars are in the $1000 price range in terms of quality but typically average around $600-$700.

AEADGBE of course. Judge me.

I also run these pieces of wood through a Marshall TSL 100 but I'm too lazy to take a picture, I'm sure you all know what one looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

You know I'm a sucker for Gibson :D

Just got a used red LP special double cut last week. Finally put new hardware in it yesterday (the old nickel stuff was rusty and the bridge had weird nodges). Pics on Instagram *hint hint*, l'll try to take some later today and upload them ^^

Still waiting for BKP to send me my custom MQ set though :facepalm:

You know I'm a sucker for Gibson :D

Just got a used red LP special double cut last week. Finally put new hardware in it yesterday (the old nickel stuff was rusty and the bridge had weird nodges). Pics on Instagram *hint hint*, l'll try to take some later today and upload them ^^

Still waiting for BKP to send me my custom MQ set though :facepalm:

Those will probably be made to order, and they do take a while to get to the U.S. anyway since it's Royal Mail/USPS.

You should replace the jack plate with a black one and put a graphite nut on as well.

Those will probably be made to order, and they do take a while to get to the U.S. anyway since it's Royal Mail/USPS.

You should replace the jack plate with a black one and put a graphite nut on as well.

Jack plate I can change myself, the nut sounds like something I'd need a "tech" for *starts age old tech rant". Funny thing is the 3 times I've gotten stuff shipped with royal mail, the packages always took less to travel from the UK to America and spent most of the time sitting in the SF customs office. :facepalm:

It has a bone nut now, I think. White, Super clean with some graphite (pencil?) marks. I definitely got the guitar from a collector. 2003, no belt rash, and the plastic cover is still on the back plate cover.

:facemelt:

The wiring looks pretty sketchy though - couple solder joints look dullish. Do they go bad after a while (like 13 years)? The toggle switch crackles a bit too, I think

vCXAcu5h.jpg

Call me boring but I'm definitely naming it Deadpool. :D

4qdqU0n.jpg

For a few years now I've had an Epiphone Les Paul Custom that I've been meaning to have fully serviced and have installed with MBK-1s. If I ever do get a Gibson it'll be a DC... :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
I think I know what you're referring to

I do have a reverb pedal. I've had the same one on my peddle bored for quite a while now, but I really use it for the interlude effect :facepalm: I'm probably going to use my DSL 100's built in reverb as a more normal reverb if I want that (though it's nothing special, like most Marshall reverbs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V894j9nBbLQ

I just turn everything up all the way. I learned that trick from MB. :ninja:

My latest reverb:

12484837_1528057320825590_3806312065151739114_o.jpg

tape delay?

Not really looked into those. I had an echoplex EP-3 a while back (I realize that's different, but still tape) which sounded great, but it was pretty high maintenance. The best thing about that unit is that it added a bit of presence to the sound, and almost acted as a slight boost.

tape delay?

Not really looked into those. I had an echoplex EP-3 a while back (I realize that's different, but still tape) which sounded great, but it was pretty high maintenance. The best thing about that unit is that it added a bit of presence to the sound, and almost acted as a slight boost.

Its a RE501, so delay, chorus (basically the chorus part of the Boss CE-1) and spring reverb, much nicer reverb than the one on the older models.

• 2 weeks later...

Goodies?

I don't buy Ernies, I'm all about D'Addorio's these days as I find they hold intonation and last longer. I used to use Slinkies :facepalm:

Edit: I get the triple packs of strings, they're only about £17??

Archived