Went into town to buy a kemper.

Came home with a BMW.

[facepalm]

:stunned:

I thought only Jim would do something like that.

Put it in a pile with Matt Bellamy and Tim Wheeler? :chuckle:

Don't forget Josh Homme.

Actually, I don't know if this one ever made it to Thom Yorke's hands - I just know that it was built for him.

new toys :-)

Any footswitch recommendations? Don't have a budget. Definitely can't go above £500 (including used). Would like one with at least 5 switches going across, preferably 6 so I can have a mute and all 5 different slots on each profiler patch

Any footswitch recommendations? Don't have a budget. Definitely can't go above £500 (including used). Would like one with at least 5 switches going across, preferably 6 so I can have a mute and all 5 different slots on each profiler patch

the rjm stuff is great, not sure how much a rjm mastermind would be after inport duty, Mine was £950 but its so good, evan though i need to replace all the top lcd screens :-(

I'm hunting for something like this, planning on trying to pick up a second hand kemper and then get a budget controller.

Just found this, TB12 Midi Controller for $265 so seems good value compared to others? Looks pretty good quality and has some great reviews

Edit: also apparently it works with the kempers tuner!

tb12_b1189.jpg

I'm hunting for something like this, planning on trying to pick up a second hand kemper and then get a budget controller.

Just found this, TB12 Midi Controller for $265 so seems good value compared to others? Looks pretty good, aside from those white squares around each switch...

tb12_b1189.jpg

the only thing i will say is, rjm software makes programming so easy, ill post a rig video and a programming guide once my screens are repaired?

the only thing i will say is, rjm software makes programming so easy, ill post a rig video and a programming guide once my screens are repaired?

Do it!

I was tempted by a Liquid Foot 12+ as I can get one for about the same price as a remote, but it only has four switches going across, which would be slightly annoying when working with the kemper in performance mode. 6 would be ideal so I could have each slot and an overall mute switch

Rjm looks great but just cannot afford

That is the one thing that worries me about the cheaper midi controllers is how hard it will be to program them to the kemper.

That would be awesome to see, really interested in how amps/effects are assigned!

Those RJM's look the best by far with the individual LED screens, but annoyingly way out of my price range. I did look at the ground control pro as I found a cheap one on ebay but I've read some reviews online saying that it was a bastard to program with the kemper.

This TB12 does seem pretty good value so I'm going to do some more digging and try to find a demo of it in use with a kemper.

Edit: found a barely used black kemper, non powered for £900 although it's the lunchbox version, really prefer the look and form factor of the rack version. Anyone know of any good online deals for the non-powered rack?

That is the one thing that worries me about the cheaper midi controllers is how hard it will be to program them to the kemper.

That would be awesome to see, really interested in how amps/effects are assigned!

Those RJM's look the best by far with the individual LED screens, but annoyingly way out of my price range. I did look at the ground control pro as I found a cheap one on ebay but I've read some reviews online saying that it was a bastard to program with the kemper.

This TB12 does seem pretty good value so I'm going to do some more digging and try to find a demo of it in use with a kemper.

Edit: found a barely used black kemper, non powered for £900 although it's the lunchbox version, really prefer the look and form factor of the rack version. Anyone know of any good online deals for the non-powered rack?

did you buy the kemper profile pack from me?

D3adstar there are Facebook groups like UK guitar year exchange where you see people selling all kinds of stuff including kempers from time to time. Cheapest I've seen a rack powered go for was £1200, think unpowered was £900

Awesome, cheers I'll keep my eye out! :awesome:

I just cannot get my head round why midi footswitches cost so much for decent ones. Like yeah they're better build quality and can have some (still cheap) lcd screens for the buttons but they go upwards of a grand? Can someone with some kind of electrical knowledge explain why to me?

I just cannot get my head round why midi footswitches cost so much for decent ones. Like yeah they're better build quality and can have some (still cheap) lcd screens for the buttons but they go upwards of a grand? Can someone with some kind of electrical knowledge explain why to me?

most of the cost comes with the software they make to program the units,

i have no midi experience at all but i have just programmed my axe fx 2, kemper and 2 expression pedals in a few hours.

Archived