May have fucked up slightly...

Received my Nordy 5.2 pickup. Forgot to check the pole spacing on the pickup on purchase... My OLP has string spacing of 16mm, this pickup is for 19mm spacing. Shiiiiiit. At the moment, the strings don't even go over the B and G pickup poles.

Fortunately, I was planning on ditching the bridge for a wider 17.5mm Hipshot because I am pretty unhappy with the narrow spacing but I might have to go for an 18mm now which will at least get them over enough to at least be more useful. I'm just going to hope there is enough room on the neck for the strings to fit.

At least it is truly going to be a "beater" bass. :LOL:

Headstock repair is the big one, other than that just some more correct parts like the tailpiece and tuners. I took out that DiMarzio bridge pickup and put the other one (which is actually a period-correct Gibson T-Top bridge pickup) in there, so it also needs a neck pickup. Oh, and a case.

I hope you don't mean you're going to break and repair the headstock because the edge has a headstock repair on his.

Are there any pickup winders that do T-top replicas? Or are you going to try to find an original?

May have fucked up slightly...

Received my Nordy 5.2 pickup. Forgot to check the pole spacing on the pickup on purchase... My OLP has string spacing of 16mm, this pickup is for 19mm spacing. Shiiiiiit. At the moment, the strings don't even go over the B and G pickup poles.

Fortunately, I was planning on ditching the bridge for a wider 17.5mm Hipshot because I am pretty unhappy with the narrow spacing but I might have to go for an 18mm now which will at least get them over enough to at least be more useful. I'm just going to hope there is enough room on the neck for the strings to fit.

At least it is truly going to be a "beater" bass. :LOL:

Will the neck handle the wider spacing?

I hope you don't mean you're going to break and repair the headstock because the edge has a headstock repair on his.

Are there any pickup winders that do T-top replicas? Or are you going to try to find an original?

:LOL: No, it's already been broken, I've just got to repair it now. Since I've got an original T-Top bridge pickup I'll probably try to find an original matching neck pickup that's not terribly expensive. Lollar's quote for a replica was $250 each, and I can find an original for around that price.

:LOL: No, it's already been broken, I've just got to repair it now. Since I've got an original T-Top bridge pickup I'll probably try to find an original matching neck pickup that's not terribly expensive. Lollar's quote for a replica was $250 each, and I can find an original for around that price.

DAMN if only I knew of you back in 2006 or so. I had one of those late 70's walnut SGs and I sold the neck T top for about $30...................But I'm sure they weren't worth as much back then.

$250 each? Are original ones even that expensive?

How bad is the previous repair? Is it at least stable? I used to have a LP which had a pretty ugly repair, but it held up incredibly well and never broke again (in the exact same way at least :facepalm: )

Also, apparently the explorer is the ergonomic LP.

....Really?

DAMN if only I knew of you back in 2006 or so. I had one of those late 70's walnut SGs and I sold the neck T top for about $30...................But I'm sure they weren't worth as much back then.

$250 each? Are original ones even that expensive?

How bad is the previous repair? Is it at least stable? I used to have a LP which had a pretty ugly repair, but it held up incredibly well and never broke again (in the exact same way at least :facepalm: )

Also, apparently the explorer is the ergonomic LP.

....Really?

:LOL: Saw that too...

Yeah, eBay looks like they're selling for $250+ nowadays. Shame, I wish I'd bought yours back then too. The repair is stable for now but ugly as hell and I don't think it'll hold up - it's as if the guy left the headstock sort of broken but splinted in two thin pieces of mahogany for support. Here's what it looks like now:

9714188F-6AAD-472D-AFBD-00B5AA3D2870_zpsjk8uhfxv.jpg

The question is, how far do you go in terms of restoration? New 'new' Schallers might look a bit now, and then when you repair the neck, do you have it all refinished, or just the repair?

To be fair, you could have it restored to 'as new' and you would sweat it back to relic within a week.

The question is, how far do you go in terms of restoration? New 'new' Schallers might look a bit now, and then when you repair the neck, do you have it all refinished, or just the repair?

To be fair, you could have it restored to 'as new' and you would sweat it back to relic within a week.

:LOL: Might just work. My goal is to find some original Gibson tuners from another guitar from the '70s. Otherwise I'm going to shop around for relic'd replacement parts. Only going to refinish the repair on the neck. I don't want it to be "new," just accurate.

WRONG

I'm gonna send it to Elliott Man :awesome:

I see.

To be honest, if I were in your shoes boots, I wouldn't ship something like that. It looks like it could break again easily... and if it broke in shipping, chances are Elliott man would have a lot of splinters to clean up, and a more difficult repair.

Sit back son, and let me tell you a story.

Actually, no, but my point is, it could break again and end up worse than before.

Also, what's that weird looking join in the wood towards the bottom of the picture? Or is that just the finish?

Oh and what dimarzio bridge pickup did it have? I might be interested if you don't want it anymore

I see.

To be honest, if I were in your shoes boots, I wouldn't ship something like that. It looks like it could break again easily... and if it broke in shipping, chances are Elliott man would have a lot of splinters to clean up, and a more difficult repair.

Sit back son, and let me tell you a story.

Actually, no, but my point is, it could break again and end up worse than before.

Also, what's that weird looking join in the wood towards the bottom of the picture? Or is that just the finish?

Oh and what dimarzio bridge pickup did it have? I might be interested if you don't want it anymore

It was an old DiMarzio PAF, but I already sold it to a friend here :( Sorry, dad.

I'm not planning on shipping it - planning on visiting some friends in NC sometime this semester anyway, so I'll take it with me and drop it off at his farm when I do.

It was an old DiMarzio PAF, but I already sold it to a friend here :( Sorry, dad.

I'm not planning on shipping it - planning on visiting some friends in NC sometime this semester anyway, so I'll take it with me and drop it off at his farm when I do.

It's ok son. I would've only been interested if it was a super distortion anyway.

elliott man has a farm too? he doesn't live in texas?

This explains everything :stunned:

It would, but in case you haven't already realized, he's adopted.

Sorry you had to find out this way, Jim.

Recent purchases:

cool mist humidifier

MORE duracell procell batteries (mostly 9v for my pedals and guitars)

fretboard oil

knobs for one of my guitars because i don't like what it has now

and this

And this too.

2983917_14104547-mugs11_b.jpg

15 oz size

Archived