If they came to Rome I would be the happiest human being in the whole world...but I think that this list of gigs is a big troll.

I HOPE it's a troll. In that list, their gigs in France and London are clashing with other gigs I already have tickets for. Don't make me choose again, Muse! :mad:

Well they have done BDO in January and then a proper tour later in the year for the past 3 albums, so I think we'll still get 2 tour legs this album.

I just don't think they'll do BDO though. I'm thinking either a promo tour + stadium tour or Splendour + stadium tour

Well they have done BDO in January and then a proper tour later in the year for the past 3 albums, so I think we'll still get 2 tour legs this album.

I just don't think they'll do BDO though. I'm thinking either a promo tour + stadium tour or Splendour + stadium tour

I would be surprised if they did Splendour, but you're right about BDO, they have done it an awful lot. And I wasn't aware they'd done that for the past 3 albums, I thought it was just TR, but I'll take your word on it. What exactly do you mean by promo tour?

Yeah 2004 was BDO + August tour, 2007 was BDO + November tour and 2010 was BDO + December tour.

Promo tour would be like a 5 day or so mini tour where they do a lot of media and a few smaller gigs in Sydney and Melbourne and maybe Brisbane. It would basically just be getting their name out there into the mainstream media more so they can sell more tickets if they choose to try and fill some stadiums later in the year.

Yeah 2004 was BDO + August tour, 2007 was BDO + November tour and 2010 was BDO + December tour.

Promo tour would be like a 5 day or so mini tour where they do a lot of media and a few smaller gigs in Sydney and Melbourne and maybe Brisbane. It would basically just be getting their name out there into the mainstream media more so they can sell more tickets if they choose to try and fill some stadiums later in the year.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that :facepalm:

hmm, I dunno, I'd much rather see them play a festival then do an arena tour later. Arenas sound better anyway. If they did sideshows in the first leg too, that would be just :awesome: Not likely though.

I can see them doing the promo tour in January or so and doing gigs at venues like Festival Hall in Melbourne and The Horden in Sydney as well as heaps of interviews and Sunrise tv spots etc...

I'd much rather see them do arenas too, but I'm pretty sure they'll do stadiums here. Something similar to Coldplay's November tour, maybe in slightly smaller stadiums though.

I can see them doing the promo tour in January or so and doing gigs at venues like Festival Hall in Melbourne and The Horden in Sydney as well as heaps of interviews and Sunrise tv spots etc...

I'd much rather see them do arenas too, but I'm pretty sure they'll do stadiums here. Something similar to Coldplay's November tour, maybe in slightly smaller stadiums though.

If they did Horden and I somehow managed to yank up tickets I would probably die. Such a great venue! Stadiums wouldn't be too bad, but I always prefer smaller venues where there is at least some sense of intimacy. Something like Sydney Entertainment Center would be a perfect size for a band like Muse in my opinion. I saw SOAD there, and it worked so damn well. It was large enough for lots of technical flair, but small enough for the band to have a connection with the audience.

The whole point of coming down here is to make money though. So wouldn't it make more financial sense to play at a stadium 1 night for 40 000, rather than Sydney Ent Centre for 10 000 for 4 nights?

Yeah, so the odds of it happening are pretty small, I'll admit that. I've just never imagined that Stadiums are really as good as an arena tour. At least when they tour Europe, and possibly the US (I can't quite remember though), they have a standard Arena tour as well. On the other hand, don't Stadiums get longer setlists? Or am I just talking out of my ass?

Yeah the stadiums get 21 or so songs usually and arenas are 16-17, Stadiums usually have 3 awesome support bands too.

In the US and Europe it makes sense to do both because it doesn't cost them as much to do it. In Europe the travel costs are minimal and in the US they play so many shows that it's worthwhile.

Australia is a hell of a long way to go and by doing stadiums they'd get the most bang for their buck.

Yeah the stadiums get 21 or so songs usually and arenas are 16-17, Stadiums usually have 3 awesome support bands too.

In the US and Europe it makes sense to do both because it doesn't cost them as much to do it. In Europe the travel costs are minimal and in the US they play so many shows that it's worthwhile.

Australia is a hell of a long way to go and by doing stadiums they'd get the most bang for their buck.

haha, yeah I understand why they wouldn't do it, but suspending rational thought for a moment, it would be cool. 3 support acts and a 21 song setlist? Hmm, not too bad, actually