you can rest assured that what seems to be the popular opinion in this message board really does not translate to a live venue ;)

people may not like guiding light (i dont care for it either but i dont waste my time dissing it) but no one really goes to a gig to boo songs. it may not receive as many cheers in the end, it's possible the public will be quieter for it than for other songs but honestly, in general no one is there dwelling on how shit a song is lol

i see you havent been to any muse gig yet so my advice to you - just GO and enjoy yourself :) no need to try to follow any 'trend' because you think it might make you a proper fan or something like that (plus you wont believe how many different 'types' of muse fans there are, this message board isnt really representative!), dont worry about people's complaints that some songs arent good live and that you wont enjoy them... this is all nitpicking. im sure you'll be blown away when you see them, they really ARE that good :)

It was just a thought, I was really just joking :LOL:

Yeh I've noticed we are quite diverse :rolleyes:

Don't you worry I will certainly not be booing, more likely to be spazzing

Why does everyone hate Resistance? :(

I was joking on both occasions but I really dislike the song.

The song's fine until the chorus kicks in.

For the next tour I wouldn't mind if they keep USoE. I'd like it played with a piano outro (not the Chopin piece), maybe the instrumentals to Exo. 3?

Edited by Tom//P

For the next tour I wouldn't mind if they keep USoE. I'd like it played with a piano outro (not the Chopin piece), maybe the instrumentals to Exo. 3?

I'll be appalled if they don't play USOE on the upcoming tour, it has to be one of the best songs on the album and is consistently good live.

It was great live though, even if it is quite cheesy.

I would actually love for them to do that, but i'd be quite surprised

:( I hope they drop it. It's a good singalong, of course, but it's nothing special

Frankly, they don't need to play all the hits at every gig. There are loads of songs that are practically exactly the same in terms of being a singalong, or using balloons, clapping along etc. Basically I'd be okay if they did these rotations on the next tour (just examples, cba writing them all down):

Bliss - Plug In Baby (balloons, singing along etc)

Resistance - Starlight (both are equally uninteresting and fill the same purpose)

Map of the Problematique - MK Ultra (Works well enough)

New Born - Unnatural Selection (Obvious. Only if Matt plays the intro though, and they play it slightly faster, otherwise New Born can go die in a fire)

TIRO - Hysteria (Also fairly obvious)

I'm pretty sure that the trifecta of Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia will still get played at pretty much every gig. I'm less sure about what they will play from The Resistance as besides from Uprising, I'm not sure there are any standout hits for them to focus on.

I might be wrong but I just can't see Undisclosed Desires and Resistance being played at every gig.

I'll be appalled if they don't play USOE on the upcoming tour, it has to be one of the best songs on the album and is consistently good live.

Really hope it stays. Being the first song I ever heard I'd love to see it live :happy:

As for starlight its always the one I forget about, wouldn't be bothered if they dropped it from the setlist