My question is why hasn't MK Ultra been released as a single? Before TR was released I was sure it would be released as one. It's definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. No, it is. Does Muse realize that MK is one of their best songs and they want to hide it from the world and keep it to the real fans?

Let me clear something up first. I think MK is the best song on TR (IMO) followed by Unnatural Selection. I LOVE Exo. But I think Exo is so good that it needs to be in its own category :LOL:

My question is why hasn't MK Ultra been released as a single? Before TR was released I was sure it would be released as one. It's definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. No, it is. Does Muse realize that MK is one of their best songs and they want to hide it from the world and keep it to the real fans?

Let me clear something up first. I think MK is the best song on TR (IMO) followed by Unnatural Selection. I LOVE Exo. But I think Exo is so good that it needs to be in its own category :LOL:

I personally think this (MK) is what they should play if they are asked to perform. It definitely rocks, and it's one of the shorter songs on the album, so it shouldn't be difficult to fit into the allotted time they'd be given to play. Which of course means it won't happen. :( And I'm with you, it's my personal favorite on the album. I don't get why it wasn't released as a single either. Although the Grammys would be a great time to do that (hint, hint people at Warner).

NSC was submitted? :LOL:

I would have been embarrassed if that had won an award :LOL:

:LOL: indeed.

I think it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread that NSC was submitted for the nominations list.

The eclipse soundtrack was nominated, so I suppose it was nominated indirectly :chuckle:

So if the Twilight Eclipse soundtrack wins for Best Compilation award, who gets it? It says "Award to the Artist(s) and/or Producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album, or, in the absence of either, to the individual(s) actively responsible for the concept and musical direction and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable."

Muse only have the one song on it, but they are "that Twilight band" - plus it's Stephenie Meyers' supposed favourite band. Did she pick the artists? I don't even know why I care tbh.

So if the Twilight Eclipse soundtrack wins for Best Compilation award, who gets it? It says "Award to the Artist(s) and/or Producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album, or, in the absence of either, to the individual(s) actively responsible for the concept and musical direction and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable."

Muse only have the one song on it, but they are "that Twilight band" - plus it's Stephenie Meyers' supposed favourite band. Did she pick the artists? I don't even know why I care tbh.

:LOL: @ the bold bit.

I'm guessing it would go to whoever put the soundtrack together :unsure:....?

Do you fucking love that song????!!!!

Why? Should I not? :shifty:

i think it's amusing.... especially when I imagine it being named the song of the year. :chuckle:

:LOL: @ the bold bit.

I'm guessing it would go to whoever put the soundtrack together :unsure:....?

Why? Should I not? :shifty:

i think it's amusing.... especially when I imagine it being named the song of the year. :chuckle:

It's brilliant--both versions. CeeLo has an amazing voice.

As far as the soundtrack thingie...it might be that all of the artists get one. It's not a category that is usually presented on television. Usually it's cut short and the rest of the stuff goes on in a realllllllllllllly long and boring show which includes things like spoken word, etc.

I'm going to try to go to the Grammys as press, so I will find out.

It's brilliant--both versions. CeeLo has an amazing voice.

As far as the soundtrack thingie...it might be that all of the artists get one. It's not a category that is usually presented on television. Usually it's cut short and the rest of the stuff goes on in a realllllllllllllly long and boring show which includes things like spoken word, etc.

I'm going to try to go to the Grammys as press, so I will find out.

Is the Eclipse soundtrack nominated? Omg, can you imagine if that wins? Espicially if the boys don't win anything else. A Grammy for NSC. :eek:

Matt and Dom (mostly Matt) were absolutely glowing when they won an AMA so I'm sure they will be thrilled to win a Grammy. It would be amazing to have them perform on the show. I really hope someone makes this happen! I'm glad we're (USA) is finally acknowledging their talent:D Took us long enough!:$

I looked into it and it will go to those responsible for the selection of the artists since most of these were preexisting songs used for the soundtrack. It's not like Flash Gordon where the whole thing was Queen. Then it would go to Queen and to the producer.

Welcome to the wacky world of awards.

Matt and Dom (mostly Matt) were absolutely glowing when they won an AMA so I'm sure they will be thrilled to win a Grammy. It would be amazing to have them perform on the show. I really hope someone makes this happen! I'm glad we're (USA) is finally acknowledging their talent:D Took us long enough!:$

Part of out issue in America is it's sheer behemoth size and regional differences.

Resistance is def a rock song and def impressive. With Uprising it's just about a release date.

Ready to Start has SHIT VOCALS. That's what I would really have liked to say, but instead I slammed them thusly:

Stuck in the Suburbs with The Arcade Fire:

http://www.examiner.com/rock-music-in-los-angeles/stuck-the-suburbs-with-the-arcade-fire

OUCH Diana, that article was harsh ;):p We will have to agree to disagree. I personally liked The Suburbs and Ready to Start is amazing. Win doesn't have the voice that sticks with you or have a wide range, but that's not all that makes a song good. For some reason, the lyrics to RtS make that song 100 times better than if it was something generic and artificially produced. Anyways, this isn't the AF board so I will stfu. But I would love to discuss this with you anytime. :) we have mutual friends.

I personally think this (MK) is what they should play if they are asked to perform. It definitely rocks, and it's one of the shorter songs on the album, so it shouldn't be difficult to fit into the allotted time they'd be given to play. Which of course means it won't happen. :( And I'm with you, it's my personal favorite on the album. I don't get why it wasn't released as a single either. Although the Grammys would be a great time to do that (hint, hint people at Warner).

I really doubt that they'll ask Muse to perform. They should. And I would really want that. But it's America. They'll ask Justin Bieber first. :facepalm: And I seriously do wonder if it's not to late to release a new single.

I really doubt that they'll ask Muse to perform. They should. And I would really want that. But it's America. They'll ask Justin Bieber first. :facepalm: And I seriously do wonder if it's not to late to release a new single.

Ugh, Bieber. He's only nominated for one though, isn't he? I think Muse's chances are good for at least one, and the Grammy's seem to like non-tribute performances done by winners. I don't know if it's too late for another single. If a record company thinks they can squeeze any more money out of an album, I think they'd do it, especially if it's going to be at least a year before the next one. So, not a sure thing, but not completely unrealistic. Blah, now I'm rambling . . .

I'm sure Bieber and Katy Perry will perform :rolleyes:

But I figure they'll want to have a "token" rock act also perform, so they could put Muse on, but since Arcade Fire is up for Album of the Year, they might go with them instead.

That's true. They have several nominations as well. Boo. I still hope it's Muse.

+1

Archived