In their GRAMMY special preview issue dated January 8, 2011 Billboard asked 20 music industry experts their predictions about who they think will win awards in various categories and they decided the GRAMMY for Best Rock Album goes to...

SHOULD WIN: Muse - The Resistance

WILL WIN: Muse - The Resistance

Voting by Recording Academy members has officially ended.

Speculation about additional artist performances at the 2011 GRAMMY ceremony - Do they want big names like Britney to promote their new music and attract huge ratings or invite talented nominees to sing live even though they may not be as well known to the viewing audience?

Rock and R&B need to be added to the six acts already announced. Possibilities include:

The Black Keys

Mumford & Sons

Florence + The Machine

Kings of Leon (They should have performed last year)

Muse - The Resistance medley including Uprising & Exogenesis symphony excerpts

Bruno Mars

B.o.B.

Haley Williams

Jay-Z

Sade

Usher

Janelle Monae

Drake

Lady Antebellum

Justin Bieber

Ke$ha (she is not nominated for any awards but was a presenter a year ago)

Rock and R&B need to be added to the six acts already announced.

Won't Arcade Fire performing tick the rock/alternative performer box? How many performances do there tend to be anyway?

Also did the Billboard issue say anything about who should/will win for the other two categories that Muse is nominated for?

Sorry for all the questions - you seem very well informed!

In their GRAMMY special preview issue dated January 8' date=' 2011 [i']Billboard[/i] asked 20 music industry experts their predictions about who they think will win awards in various categories and they decided the GRAMMY for Best Rock Album goes to...

SHOULD WIN: Muse - The Resistance

WILL WIN: Muse - The Resistance

Voting by Recording Academy members has officially ended.

Speculation about additional artist performances at the 2011 GRAMMY ceremony - Do they want big names like Britney to promote their new music and attract huge ratings or invite talented nominees to sing live even though they may not be as well known to the viewing audience?

Rock and R&B need to be added to the six acts already announced. Possibilities include:

The Black Keys

Mumford & Sons

Florence + The Machine

Kings of Leon (They should have performed last year)

Muse - The Resistance medley including Uprising & Exogenesis symphony excerpts

Bruno Mars

B.o.B.

Haley Williams

Jay-Z

Sade

Usher

Janelle Monae

Drake

Lady Antebellum

Justin Bieber

Ke$ha (she is not nominated for any awards but was a presenter a year ago)

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get all your information from?

trudat, home skillet :cool:

Word.

If they do perform, I had BETTER have that night off!!!! I'm guessing I will because my co-workers will NOT want to live with me all night when Muse is involved in something that will be on our TVs for journalistic purposes (since we run Grammy results in our newspaper). Our poor entertainment editor, I'd be like climbing over his desk to get closer to the TV.

Archived