Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

One day we should just have a KnT tournament where we get everyone to cover a more 'difficult' Muse song, then whoever's best gets crowned King, and the worst is perma'd 4evr

Anyone with a Manson is required to throw in a kneeslide or spin at some point while playing

:eek: Oh my god we have to do this!! But to make it interesting, someone else gets to choose the song :LOL:

I like trains

and DL1s

Desmond the moon bear!!

"How did I get here?"

Guest Batman.
:eek: Oh my god we have to do this!! But to make it interesting, someone else gets to choose the song :LOL:

Who would be the judge though? I'm thinking James. :LOL:

Sweet Jesus, the off topic in here is getting annoying...:facepalm:

+1, but to be fair so is the moaning. Bitches need to find a happy medium, k? Now lets all talk about the DL1.

Im curious, how is the ali top holding up in terms of wear? Aside from James who is wiping the fingerprints off, anybody have any Delorean levels of wear and tear yet? Jimbo, I kinda wish you could have got a DL1 too, just to see how much of a state you could get it in :awesome:

+1, but to be fair so is the moaning. Bitches need to find a happy medium, k? Now lets all talk about the DL1.

Im curious, how is the ali top holding up in terms of wear? Aside from James who is wiping the fingerprints off, anybody have any Delorean levels of wear and tear yet? Jimbo, I kinda wish you could have got a DL1 too, just to see how much of a state you could get it in :awesome:

Not too much wear on mine yet except for the aluminum darkerning a bit where there is much contact between guitar and skin. Between the strings and the knobs and some where my arm rests.

It would've been covered in mojo/rust by now if he had one.

The fingerprints don't come off completely, but I'm more concerned about the back finish. already seems to have chipped in a couple of places.

It would've been covered in mojo/rust by now if he had one.

The fingerprints don't come off completely, but I'm more concerned about the back finish. already seems to have chipped in a couple of places.

That´s one reason I changed to red glitter on the MB-1. Seems like they used the same orange peelish finish on the back of the DL-1.

That´s one reason I changed to red glitter on the MB-1. Seems like they used the same orange peelish finish on the back of the DL-1.

it's not exactly the same from what i can tell (seems 'harder'), but has yours chipped at all?

and yeah, i'm fairly careful with my MB-1, but even after having it for a little over a year, it still looks like new.

it's not exactly the same from what i can tell (seems 'harder'), but has yours chipped at all?

and yeah, i'm fairly careful with my MB-1, but even after having it for a little over a year, it still looks like new.

Just thought they would stick with one production method for both the MB-1 and DL-1 surfaces, but haven´t compared them up close.

No chips so far. This is one of my no-belt-no-zipper guitars and I´m very careful with it (at least for now). Right now my JPXI gets most of the attention anyway.

Got my DL-1 back from Manson's today, Tim did a fantastic job of fitting the Roland Pickup and Graph Tech Piezo bridge to turn it into a full on Delorean replica, sounds amazing and such a joy to play. The 2 extra small knobs are piezo and roland volume and the mini switch switches between the piezo bridge and the magnetic pickups (including effects) :)

IMG_0500.jpg

:)

Now, that looks damn cool! The balance of the knobs looks so much better there than before in my opinion. ;)

And while I know it was off-topic, the idea about the KnT competition actually sounds pretty cool! :chuckle:

Now, that looks damn cool! The balance of the knobs looks so much better there than before in my opinion. ;)

And while I know it was off-topic, the idea about the KnT competition actually sounds pretty cool! :chuckle:

there's another topic about that now, but as for the DL-1, he has it setup a lot like the delorean

Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

Or exactly like it, actually. Needs that weird aluminum cover for the GK pickup though ;)

You mean like this, a modified Custom Knob from Musecasters

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/rust_relic/Image0216.jpg

Unlike my MB-1 I won't be modifying this, VERY pleased with it now....not even going to take the rear backplate off, from what Tim said it's a bit of tight squeeze in there!!! :D

exactly! looks even better with that.

I'm sort of tempted to have mine modified. After seeing how much closer yours looks to the original, it might be worth it... but the question is, how much would I use the GK2 and all that :erm:

A little bit heavier than the MB-1 but no where near as heavy as Musecasters' Delorean. The standard DL-1 was a damn fine guitar to start with anyway, I wanted to see how close I could get it

There was a hell a lot of work to get it like this, I had to source a lot of parts, including the Custom Knobs. As well as the Graph Tech stuff and the Roland Midi stuff there was also the turning down of the bridge pins on a lathe as the ones in the guitar are a different size, the turned down ones are on the right

271275_10150248552457091_558722090_7965727_4676185_o.jpg

The bridge to AGES to find as they are now discontinued and the 3 smaller knobs are the top parts of dual-concentric knobs that had to be imported from the USA

Tim spent a long time on it as well, managed to squeeze all of it into the existing spaces without extra routing

It took almost a year of sourcing parts and Manson's had the guitar for a few weeks. I actually had the guitar back exactly one year after placing my original order at the show....Was it worth it....YES :D

Got my DL-1 back from Manson's today, Tim did a fantastic job of fitting the Roland Pickup and Graph Tech Piezo bridge to turn it into a full on Delorean replica, sounds amazing and such a joy to play. The 2 extra small knobs are piezo and roland volume and the mini switch switches between the piezo bridge and the magnetic pickups (including effects) :)

IMG_0500.jpg

:)

Oh, lucky man, it's exactly like the original Delorean, I don't know Manson can do it !!! I wish I can do it a day, it's look so beautiful and for the sound it's better too !!!! Great work and great idea man ;) CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

exactly! looks even better with that.

I'm sort of tempted to have mine modified. After seeing how much closer yours looks to the original, it might be worth it... but the question is, how much would I use the GK2 and all that :erm:

i've never used mine, but mine is a replica, not a signature model. it does look naked without it

• 1 month later...

Calling all DL-1 owners, or people who've played it in the shop or whatever.

How does the kill switch work with the Fuzz Factory. For example, is it after it, so that it cuts out the Fuzz Factory sounds too, or can you keep it oscillating while cutting out the rest of the guitar sound? I just wondered about it earlier.

How does the kill switch work with the Fuzz Factory. For example, is it after it, so that it cuts out the Fuzz Factory sounds too, or can you keep it oscillating while cutting out the rest of the guitar sound? I just wondered about it earlier.

Well I've got that Tele with a FF and killswitch... haven't played it for a while but from what I can remember it doesn't fully kill the FF's signal, you can still hear it, just, so yeah you could keep it oscillating. But I might not be right as I haven't played it for ages.

it cuts out the oscillation too, so it's after the FF

Archived