3f4e970d-6438-4d8d-af4e-743e9ef77cae.jpgAs we mentioned yesterday, the band loved the designs so much that they picked another nine runners up in each region. As with the original contest they would like you guys to pick the overall winner who will also get their design made into official US Muse merch as well as winning a brand new guitar, signed by the band!

The extra nine runners up are below and the poll is at the end of the page. Voting closes midnight GMT on Sunday so get your votes in now!

MUSE MERCH DESIGN COMP #2 RUNNERS UP

ALBUQUERQUE:

albuquerque2.jpg

CINCINNATI:

cincinnati2.jpg

COLUMBUS:

columbus2.jpg

DENVER:

denver2.jpg

MILWAUKEE:

milwaukee2.jpg

NEW YORK:

newyork2.jpg

SACRAMENTO:

sacramento2.jpg

SAN DIEGO:

sandiego2.jpg

TULSA:

tulsa.jpg

Pick your favourite merch design runner up...survey software

Tweet

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/709/us-merch-design-competition-2/

Well this person apparently decided to set up a load of email address for each one. Which is pretty pathetic really. And if some people have been disqualified for living in other states I don't see how this other person pulled of submitting to all these different states. How did whoever is organising this miss that?

Hopefully no one will vote for them.

I'm amazed some of them got through. Personally I think San Diego is kinda useless. It's like, a 10 minute job on photoshop at most. Milwaukee is just unoriginal. They've stuck together some preexisiting images of roses with an anatomy piece. Can anyone even tell what New York is supposed to be?

Sacramento is good.

oh come on...this is just not right on so many levels

If Alex's entry to multiple stations in different states was allowed then surely the same should've applied to I.Vazquez whose entry was disqualified by the radio station RXP for entering ONCE under the "suddenly enforced rule" of residing in a different state? That same lame rule was obviously also not taken into account allowing Chris Hernandez's entry (also entered to both San Diego and Sacramento)

Have people including Muse completely lost sight of logic and fairness ?!!!

thank you!.. :D

Mine is the love bomb (Albuquerque). It relates the Exogenesis symphonies. The thing I love most about Muse is how their message ultimately ends up with a positive note: Love will win in the end; stand up for what you believe in; we, as individuals can take back our planet. No matter how badly our leaders wreck what we've got, we can rebuild.

Mine is the love bomb (Albuquerque). It relates the Exogenesis symphonies. The thing I love most about Muse is how their message ultimately ends up with a positive note: Love will win in the end; stand up for what you believe in; we, as individuals can take back our planet. No matter how badly our leaders wreck what we've got, we can rebuild.

Nice design, i love the Exogenesis symphonies.

Meh - not a huge fan of the runners-up choices. :mad::rolleyes:

The love bomb is a nice design, artwise, but a bit cutesy for a MUSE shirt, and I like Sacramento's design, but the rest? Not sure I get them, or what they REALLY have to do with MUSE. Esp. the anatomy sketch of a hand with roses tossed in. What does that have to do with MUSE?

And ditto those who said that idavasquez got the short end of the stick. How can she be disqualified for not being from NY, while yet people like Alex and Melody who basically spammed the radio stations with their entries, get chosen? Their entries could not be more generic, or less MUSE like, other than the logo being thrown in them. Obviously the guys can choose whatever they want, but honestly, it's a waste of two runners up spots, because I think most of us have been pretty clear that we're pissed off about what they did and wouldn't vote for them.

If there's anything to be learned from all of this, I'd say it's that next time there needs to be one standard set of very clear rules, posted on both the muse site, as well as each radio station, and participating radio stations should not be allowed to arbitrarily make up rules (esp. ones they do not communicate) that essentially change the rule of the whole contest. It should be one nationwide contest (meaning you cannot enter more than once). Not 9 separate individual contests with their own set of arbitrary rules, and duplicate entries.

Ok, now I'll step back off my soapbox. :LOL::$

Hello all! It's crazy that they picked another 9, but I have to say I'm excited since I'm the one from Columbus! It's not a normal tshirt picture for sure, but I made it by hand out of jewelry wire and snapped an artistic photo of it. I hope people like it because it is different. Good luck to all the boardies in the finals!

Hey Guys,

Just hooking some Muse fans up with some free Wallpaper artwork i made from my T-shirt design (plus my muse X-mas :xmas: winning entry), i figured if the file is just gonna sit in my hard-drive why let it go to waste!.. so i'll just share it, if you would like another color or gradient mix let me know, i'll hook you up! :D

Museology(Blue).thumb.jpg.1fce066f61c8d06fba94cecb7e3eb230.jpg

Museology(blue_2).thumb.jpg.79525be8632531f8f14b3f885175c00a.jpg

Museology(pink).thumb.jpg.d7ad483dd79b10cf0f1866410fed7b48.jpg

Museology(pink-purple).thumb.jpg.b9cf3609679eb936ed68cc79455d38bc.jpg

Museology(pink_2).thumb.jpg.11b2ef1ccb9b47d9cc5818aa05b65803.jpg

MUSE_X-MAS_WALLPAPER.thumb.jpg.f802d7f663565a333d306cd14a8501bb.jpg

:musesign:

Hey Guys,

Just hooking some Muse fans up with some free Wallpaper artwork i made from my T-shirt design (plus my muse X-mas :xmas: winning entry), i figured if the file is just gonna sit in my hard-drive why let it go to waste!.. so i'll just share it, if you would like another color or gradient mix let me know, i'll hook you up! :D

[attach]12238[/attach]

[attach]12239[/attach]

[attach]12240[/attach]

[attach]12241[/attach]

[attach]12242[/attach]

[attach]12243[/attach]

:musesign:

Can i just say that your design is amazing? :supersad:

don't know why they are not running for this competition... oh Muse :facepalm:

Sorry, but what the hell? :stunned: I don't think anyone would want an anime girl getting pleased on a band shirt...:erm:

:LOL:

I'm really not sure who to vote for on this half of the contest. The one that's really sticking out to me is Sacramento, but I'm going to sleep on it before making my decision.

I am so happy Muse gave us the opportunity to design shirts for them. I couldn't sleep for atleast three days when I first heard about it. Thank god they decided to add another 9 designs. I almost died when I saw I didn't get chosen for the first group. I am the artist who did this Sacramento design.

Everyone did so well for the designs!! I would love to have any them on shirts! :D

-Jackie

Archived