I just want to say that I'm extremely grateful that the Muse management gave us a second chance. And honestly, I think that everyone who took the time to sit down and put pencil to paper or fired up Photoshop to make a design is a winner.

Mine is the Albuquerque entry, and it wasn't meant to be "cute." (I guess I didn't do so well at making my point!) It represents the hope we should all have should our leaders bring us destruction. It's based on Exogenesis, but I think that theme is common to many Muse songs, which is why I'm such a fan.

Good luck and congratulations to all the finalists!

Anyone who doesn't vote Tulsa clearly doesn't know SHIT about Muse.

It's a nice design, but I'll admit that I'm not sure what the tie-in to MUSE is. So, since you seem to know, enlighten me. Is she a plug-in baby? Does she have Undisclosed Desires? Is she a MUSE? A Guiding Light? Is her mind about to fall? :)

I want to see the Milwaukee one made into a t-shirt. I love that it features an animated version of the band and the kaos pad on Matt's guitar and how the name Muse is all starry behind them and it's reflected on the stage. Very nice design, great details :D I do like Sacramento too though.

Yeah, nothing convinces people what a fan of MUSE you are like submitting your design to every single radio station involved, and THEN after you're picked, suddenly joining the band's forum to plead with people to vote for your design.

I'm sorry - I'm sure you're a wonderful designer and artist, and the design is pretty, but I really dislike how you went about the whole thing, am not convinced it would make a good MUSE t-shirt, and really would like a true die-hard MUSE fan to win the competition, so no, I will not vote for you, Alex.

I think Milwaukee's one is amazing, tbh... really love the idea (the hand design, not the animation). But I went with Sacramento, because it just stands out as being a) flippin' awesome b) very Musey :happy:. I'd LOVE to have that design on a t-shirt. In fact, if it doesn't win, I still want to find out how to get it printed on a tee. Good luck peoples (apart from that Alex bloke, lol).

Yeah, nothing convinces people what a fan of MUSE you are like submitting your design to every single radio station involved, and THEN after you're picked, suddenly joining the band's forum to plead with people to vote for your design.

I'm sorry - I'm sure you're a wonderful designer and artist, and the design is pretty, but I really dislike how you went about the whole thing, am not convinced it would make a good MUSE t-shirt, and really would like a true die-hard MUSE fan to win the competition, so no, I will not vote for you, Alex.

+100000000 jenn! Not only breaking the rules, but now making fake accounts, spamming the boards to try to get votes? Pathetic. Im starting to think "Alex" is only in this competition so that he can pawn off the signed guitar if he wins... I really hope nobody votes for him.

I'm a bit disappointed in some of the shirts that were chosen for the 2 finals. I don't know if it's Muse's fault or the radio stations, but some of the designs just aren't very good. I mean don't get me wrong, some are amazing and deserve it, but others I just don't get. Or rather some are very well done, but they don't seem to relate to Muse at all.

I'm a little biased of course, because I submitted what I thought was a pretty good design to RXP in NY, so call me a little bitter lol. But I mean I'll admit, I went through the gallery on RXP, and there were several shirts that I thought were better than mine. But the one that made the cut for the 2nd competition to win the guitar was not one of them. My shirt may not have been the best, but I think it's better than what was chosen. Just a bit disappointed in the choices is all. I'm realistic and can admit when a design is better than mine, it's just sad that I can't honestly say that some of the shirts chosen were better than mine.

But anyway, to finish up my rant, there are some very good designs in both competitions and I hope the best ones win =D

I'm still not quite sure what this all means - it's the most confusing competition ever! The first finalists (with Couture's awesome design) are the finalists, one of whom will get their design printed on a t-shirt and get to meet Muse etc etc. Si? Okay, so does that also apply to these second lot of finalists, but instead of meeting Muse, they get a signed guitar and their design printed on a t-shirt as well?! I don't understand why they went with two lots of finalists and made this all really complex... maybe think the next one through a bit more, lads! lol

Well this person apparently decided to set up a load of email address for each one. Which is pretty pathetic really. And if some people have been disqualified for living in other states I don't see how this other person pulled of submitting to all these different states. How did whoever is organising this miss that?

Hopefully no one will vote for them.

I'm amazed some of them got through. Personally I think San Diego is kinda useless. It's like, a 10 minute job on photoshop at most. Milwaukee is just unoriginal. They've stuck together some preexisiting images of roses with an anatomy piece. Can anyone even tell what New York is supposed to be?

Sacramento is good.

Just noticed, there are 2 from Milwaukee. I don't like the hand and rose one, just the one of the band with the black and red stripes and stuff.

VOTE CINCY

I guess now that you are here it's a good time to letting you know that a lot of us here don't think it's fair that you sent your entry to every single radio station. A lot of fans put their time and effort into this competition, and everyone deserves the same chance to win.

I also think it's quite pathetic that you used this competition as a promotion for your graphic design website, which is exactly what you did at WRXP. I'm a graphic designer too, but this competition is about our love for the band and how they artistically inspire us.

:noey:

It's a nice design, but I'll admit that I'm not sure what the tie-in to MUSE is. So, since you seem to know, enlighten me. Is she a plug-in baby? Does she have Undisclosed Desires? Is she a MUSE? A Guiding Light? Is her mind about to fall? :)

Are you seriously asking me to explain that

What's even funnier is that people are taking that statement seriously.

Not buying it... Especially after this quote and considering your avatar and sig banner.

Are you seriously asking me to explain that

But I'm not going to take the flame bait any further.... Not here to fight.

I ended up voting Sacramento for poll #2. It was by far the most Musey, and looks like it had the most time spent on it :)

I don't see what my sig and av has to do with anything, nor can I see how that statement somehow invalidates my earlier remark which I figured was blatantly obvious seethrough but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm just going to vote for Sacramento.

well yeah also like Sacramento.. because some designs are nice but isn't for MUSE! maybe they should try in another drawn competition ( Columbus, Albuquerque, Tulsa)

Just to let you know that mine (Columbus) wasn't drawn. I used jewelry wire and bent it into the word and then took a photo. I wouldn't do that for another band because Muse is my favorite!

Archived