Argh! The suspense is killing me. I'm assuming that I didn't win, since the winner of Competition #1 has been notified (San Diego, no surprises there!), but I'm still curious to see who won Comp #2. I'm guessing it was Sacramento, since most of the comments favored it.

ditto and still hoping!

We can hope! Meanwhile I'm going to see them tomorrow(Friday), and then on Saturday morning I'm getting up early (ugh) and driving to Denver to see them again! BEST WEEKEND EVER.

That's going to be awesome! Have fun! My Cincinnati and Columbus dates are coming soon and I'm sooooo excited!

oh come on...this is just not right on so many levels

If Alex's entry to multiple stations in different states was allowed then surely the same should've applied to I.Vazquez whose entry was disqualified by the radio station RXP for entering ONCE under the "suddenly enforced rule" of residing in a different state? That same lame rule was obviously also not taken into account allowing Chris Hernandez's entry (also entered to both San Diego and Sacramento)

and btw Denver's design was also entered in NYC...it's obvious quite a few people did the same thing :rolleyes

Have people completely lost sight of logic and fairness ?!!!

It's not unfair actually, just someone trying to increase their chances of winning. You don't have to get pissed off just because you didn't think of it....Some radio stations allowed entries from other states, some didn't. So it obviously wasn't against everyone's rules. What's unfair is that people who don't live in one of the states that were holding the contest wouldn't have even had a shot if it wasn't allowed.

And to everyone dissing on specific people for joining the forum more recently, I am a HUGE Muse fan and have been since the beginning, but also just joined. So everyone just needs to RELAX, and hopefully you voted for the DESIGN you thought was best, not just who you believe is a bigger fan or whatever.

It's not unfair actually, just someone trying to increase their chances of winning. You don't have to get pissed off just because you didn't think of it....Some radio stations allowed entries from other states, some didn't. So it obviously wasn't against everyone's rules. What's unfair is that people who don't live in one of the states that were holding the contest wouldn't have even had a shot if it wasn't allowed.

And to everyone dissing on specific people for joining the forum more recently, I am a HUGE Muse fan and have been since the beginning, but also just joined. So everyone just needs to RELAX, and hopefully you voted for the DESIGN you thought was best, not just who you believe is a bigger fan or whatever.

Actually I DID think of it, and I quickly determined that to do so would be in violation of the "one entry per person" rule, and would be ethically sketchy. Besides what happens if the design is picked more than once (which is exactly what did happen)? That's right, each of the duplicate semi-finalist entries takes the spot that another deserving design would have otherwise gotten, and reduces the number of entries MUSE gets to pick from, meaning THEY don't get what they wanted, which was 45 different semi-finalists.

The problem with the recent joiners is not that they joined recently. I think I speak for most if not all when I say that the boards welcome all MUSE fans. But when someone joins seemingly with the sole intention of begging people to vote for them (after posting in their entries that their girlfriend is the real fan), and their work is linked directly to their personal design site (instead of just posting the image), then yeah, they're going to get pegged as the lame self-promotion machine. 'Dems da berries.

^ exactly.

I guess now that you are here it's a good time to letting you know that a lot of us here don't think it's fair that you sent your entry to every single radio station. A lot of fans put their time and effort into this competition, and everyone deserves the same chance to win.

I also think it's quite pathetic that you used this competition as a promotion for your graphic design website, which is exactly what you did at WRXP. I'm a graphic designer too, but this competition is about our love for the band and how they artistically inspire us.

:noey:

You are all just mad that you didn't think of it. You could have promoted yourself, it wasn't against the rules. And you also could have submitted to multiple stations, again, NOT AGAINST ALL THE RULES! Muse made the rules, and were following them. Just because you don't think it's fair doesn't mean that it's against any rules. The design won at several stations because IT IS A GOOD DESIGN! It's not his fault your's probably sucked.

Actually I DID think of it, and I quickly determined that to do so would be in violation of the "one entry per person" rule, and would be ethically sketchy. Besides what happens if the design is picked more than once (which is exactly what did happen)? That's right, each of the duplicate semi-finalist entries takes the spot that another deserving design would have otherwise gotten, and reduces the number of entries MUSE gets to pick from, meaning THEY don't get what they wanted, which was 45 different semi-finalists.

It means that the design was better than those others and they obviously have won against it in the end anyway. The "one entry per person" meant one DESIGN per person. They still ended up choosing 9 extras anyway because there were too many great ones to choose from. If they didn't like it, they would have disqualified him. They DID get what they wanted and more, which was 18 amazing designs in the finals.

The problem with the recent joiners is not that they joined recently. I think I speak for most if not all when I say that the boards welcome all MUSE fans. But when someone joins seemingly with the sole intention of begging people to vote for them (after posting in their entries that their girlfriend is the real fan), and their work is linked directly to their personal design site (instead of just posting the image), then yeah, they're going to get pegged as the lame self-promotion machine. 'Dems da berries.

p.s. so he did it for his girlfriend, what's wrong with that? pretty fucking romantic if you ask me, putting in the time and effort to try to win something amazing for her.

p.s. so he did it for his girlfriend, what's wrong with that? pretty fucking romantic if you ask me, putting in the time and effort to try to win something amazing for her.

Great. So it's romantic. Bully for him. Doesn't change the fact that he's a cheating self-promoting (albeit "f'ing romantic") tool. And I stand by that. Besides, if it was ALL about the girlfriend, he wouldn't have linked to his site every single place he could.

Good grief. Can we all just agree that at best, the rules were inconsistent and confusing. The grand prize winner of Comp #1 was a finalist in San Diego, yet he lists his place of residence as New York, both here and on Facebook. Did he submit in more than one market? Should he have been disqualified? (IMHO I don't think so) I don't think anyone specific is to blame. I think the band's management did their best to try to iron out some of the problems by offering Comp #2, and that's good enough for me. Plus, we have two new awesome shirts to buy.

Personally, I'm done with this business. My design didn't win, but I'm cool with it because I saw Muse twice this past weekend, and I'm walking on air!

Exactly. And yes, I agree with people that the radio stations should have had consistent rules throughout, then there wouldn't have been such commotion over this.

Good grief. Can we all just agree that at best, the rules were inconsistent and confusing. The grand prize winner of Comp #1 was a finalist in San Diego, yet he lists his place of residence as New York, both here and on Facebook. Did he submit in more than one market? Should he have been disqualified? (IMHO I don't think so) I don't think anyone specific is to blame. I think the band's management did their best to try to iron out some of the problems by offering Comp #2, and that's good enough for me. Plus, we have two new awesome shirts to buy.

Personally, I'm done with this business. My design didn't win, but I'm cool with it because I saw Muse twice this past weekend, and I'm walking on air!

Where have the winners been announced?! :confused: Do we know which two designs won?!

Where have the winners been announced?! :confused: Do we know which two designs won?!

The winners haven't been officially announced as far as I know, but the winner of Comp #1 posted it on his Facebook page and confirmed it on the Comp #1 thread. I don't know who won #2 yet (I just know it wasn't me), but I suspect it was Sacremento, since that's the one everyone commented on. I wish they'd post it!

This is still going on?????

anyway and just because you quoted my post, if you allowed yourself to read it correctly, my comment was not towards the people entering multiple entries but rather towards the radio stations and no I didn't get pissed off ... once again, it related to the fact that all radio stations taking part in the same competition, should enforce and abide by the same rules - if designs are allowed to be entered from different states, which makes absolute sense, thus giving everybody around the country a chance, then the same rule should be enforced by all radio stations taking part, not one or another randomly making up their own rules as they see fit or depending on who's in charge, and disqualifying certain designs/individuals just because ... they shouldn't have been allowed to do it because that is simply not ethical.

On the other hand if I understand your comment correctly, you are then in favour of unethical competitions as per your statement that rules in the same competition can be different depending on where you enter your submission...interesting...maybe you should follow your own advice and just RELAX

There's nothing "unethical" here. The rules for each station were followed (although they were different for each), and everyone had the same opportunities for submissions. I just found it extremely rude and disgusting that people are telling everyone else not to vote for that shirt, and that this post is tagged as "fuck off alex" and "don't vote for alex". THAT to me is unethical. He just wanted to win like everyone else. If you didn't like it, you didn't have to vote for it, but I think what's sad and pathetic is that people felt the need to post that kind of shit. It's actually offensive to Muse, since they picked the finalists.....

But, I have now put in my two cents, the contest is over, and hopefully everyone will just be happy for the winner, whoever it may be.

The winners haven't been officially announced as far as I know, but the winner of Comp #1 posted it on his Facebook page and confirmed it on the Comp #1 thread. I don't know who won #2 yet (I just know it wasn't me), but I suspect it was Sacremento, since that's the one everyone commented on. I wish they'd post it!

Ahh right, thanks for clearing that up. And yaay, I'm glad Couture won :happy: I liked his design a lot. I just REALLY hope Sacramento wins the other, cos it's a wicked design, imo. If it doesn't win, I'm seriously going to make it into a t-shirt anyway - I love it! :D

And +1... they take sooo long to reveal the darn winners of comps, lol.

The Milwaukee designer posted on the contest News item that he/she(?) won. I'm surprised. I thought Sacremento had it all wrapped up.

I just saw that too. Guess the rest of us can stop checking for the winner notification now! Oh well, I'm on the second day of concerts and very happy!!

Archived