Matt Loves Bananas because...

ninjabanana

Does the OP have a cite for that?

I suspect that Matt's long been in the habit of noshing on a banana prior to a show because it's both a terrific energy boost and a great source of potassium. If you're deficient in potassium (or sweat too much of it out of your system), you're likely get muscle cramps when you exercise. If you need more potassium but can't stand bananas, try some celery instead. [insert Gatorade commercial here.]

I suspect that Matt's long been in the habit of noshing on a banana prior to a show because it's both a terrific energy boost and a great source of potassium. If you're deficient in potassium (or sweat too much of it out of your system)' date=' you're likely get muscle cramps when you exercise. If you need more potassium but can't stand bananas, try some celery instead. [insert Gatorade commercial here.']

I also know from experience that bananas are a natural beta blocker. In other words, they stop the anxiety of performing and make you calmer before you play. So that might be a major, legitimate reason as to why Matt's always munching on them.

[source]

I also know from experience that bananas are a natural beta blocker. In other words, they stop the anxiety of performing and make you calmer before you play. So that might be a major, legitimate reason as to why Matt's always munching on them.

[source]

Well, you learn something new every day... From that link:

A study reported in 1986 of 2,122 musicians in major U.S. symphony orchestras showed that 27% reported taking beta blockers. Of that 27%, 19% took them daily under a doctors prescription for heart conditions, etc., 11% had a prescription for occasional use (concerts, auditions, etc.) and the remaining 70% reported occasional use, but without a doctors prescription. (Again, these percentages are of the 27% who reported taking beta blockers, not of the whole population.)

When the musicians who took beta blockers for medical reasons are factored out, slightly under 22% of musicians in this study reported using beta blockers occasionally, with or without a prescription.

Holy crap! Our symphony orchestras are dens of recreational drug use! :eek: It makes me wonder, though, how so many classical musicians are finagling Inderal without a proper prescription -- are fast-fingered first flutists making off with prescription pads off their physicians' desks? [Try saying that five times, fast.] Or are they driving their Volvos into the dicey parts of town and asking the Crips on the corner if they can set them up with some uncut beta blockers?

:LOL:

Does the OP have a cite for that?

I suspect that Matt's long been in the habit of noshing on a banana prior to a show because it's both a terrific energy boost and a great source of potassium. If you're deficient in potassium (or sweat too much of it out of your system), you're likely get muscle cramps when you exercise. If you need more potassium but can't stand bananas, try some celery instead. [insert Gatorade commercial here.]

I love bananas! They're ace for just before an exam...Bananas and water are all that makes up my exam day breakfast! :D

I think my love of bananas come's from Doctor Who...

"Always take a banana to a party, Rose, bananas are good!"

"Don't drop the banana!" "Why?" "It's a good source of potassium!"

Interesting that you post this (read this, I should say) maybe 5 mins after me finishing one :O

hahaha, nice.

I was just kidding around with this thread - i read an article about sex foods in the health section of the sunday paper and the banana bit made me immediately think of Matt :rolleyes:

ahh, how Muse changes our thinking, eh?

Ok, I do need to join the banana discussion...

Page with great picture of flying bananas :LOL:

Oh and as we need potassium anyway...I guess it doesn't matter. I've just been eating about a banana a day for years. :rolleyes::LOL:

On my research tour for the Radium...(I know it's common in the ground but I want to know how and why it gets into the banana fruit) I found the reason why Matt likes bananas ;):chuckle:

„musa paradisiaca“ = Muse of paradise (banana for cooking)

„musa sapientium“ = intelligent/gourmet Muse (the bananas we just peel&eat)

(I used translators as I never learned Latin so feel free to correct me...but I think it sounds cool like that :LOL: )

Everything explained :cool:

Yeah sure, Matt chose his fruit eating habits by the name... /irony.

I hope you did all realise I was joking :)

Archived