Warchild gigs on 9&10 May, London

Claudia O

On 4/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Meisver said:

As my brother is having a party, because he will be fucking 50 on May 9, I get the first train to London. I hate family gatherings but love Muse. He'll understand.

I’m spending my even older birthday by being at the gig. Much better than a party.:dance:

I have a spare standing ticket for Tuesday. Make me an offer - I don’t want to lose too much money on it but I also don’t want it to go to waste. I can meet at the venue any time from 6pm onwards on Tuesday as I’m going too. 

When do u think I have to arrive at the venue to make it to the barrier? I’m not from the Uk and never been to this venue before. ☺️ I was at the o2 in 2019 but there was more space for barrier, so I arrived there at 12 pm.

Here's the setlist from the first London Apollo night.

Short live clips - Twitter thread

After watching these clips it feels like Matt is having a lot of fun with his guitar again! Lots of chunky riffy goodness.

Also, who is the new guy who has replaced Morgan? He seemed quite animated, DJ-esque and with some backing vocals too maybe?

Edited by Hypermused

2 hours ago, GSMU7 said:

Anyone going tonight let me know what time the gig finished as my last train is at 23:30

No support so 8:40 start and done at 10:20ish. Razorlight 2m tho so later finish. Takes ages to get out cos of doors/corridor bottleneck.

Great bits: Gallery, Citizen, Stockholm, Assassin. End of song riffing v aggressive :)

Mixed up setlist order made a big difference too.

And Space Dementia was just immense so good.

They all looked up for it.

Shit bits: Not loud enough, sound was bit patchy. High ratio of utter bellends in crowd. Massive police car crash as we crossed the road, looked bad.

Space Dementia tho :)

1 hour ago, Hypermused said:

Here's the setlist from the first London Apollo night.

Short live clips - Twitter thread

After watching these clips it feels like Matt is having a lot of fun with his guitar again! Lots of chunky riffy goodness.

Also, who is the new guy who has replaced Morgan? He seemed quite animated, DJ-esque and with some backing vocals too maybe?

Dan Lancaster. Recognised him straight away but no one else seemed to! He was really good.

Just got back to my hotel. Sweating a lot and feet ache. Too tired to say anything else! Got a set list but really gutted there weren’t any T-shirts left when we left 😞

2 minutes ago, frankly_tart said:

Dan Lancaster. Recognised him straight away but no one else seemed to! He was really good.

Just got back to my hotel. Sweating a lot and feet ache. Too tired to say anything else! Got a set list but really gutted there weren’t any T-shirts left when we left 😞

Oh wow! That's pretty cool, I wonder if he'll be there for the tour too... Looked awesome anyway, hope you enjoyed it!

Haven’t posted here in a while, sad to see how quiet this place is now - the Reddit seems to be where it’s at these days.

As a huge Origin fan that was absolute heaven for me tonight, I’d seen Bliss at London Stadium on its surprise 2019 appearance and lost my mind to CE at that Shepherd’s Bush show, but when Matt suddenly sat down at the piano during the encore, I was confused - all that’s left must be TIRO and Knights, right? What on earth could he be about to…

…and that first note hits and I almost burst into tears. Space Dementia was the absolute #1 wish to see live for me, it was on my SBE top 10 and when I found out it was played at La Cigale I was devastated I’d missed it and thought I’d lost my last chance. Only its fourth play in fourteen years(!) and that ending was incredible, making me wonder why on earth it ever became a rarity and not mind the standard harmonica + Knights afterwards! Plus the mad appearance of The Gallery which felt like a fever dream, the new songs, overall just seeing them again for the first time in three years was enough but I wasn’t expecting it to be my third fave Muse gig so far! If they rotate the rarities tomorrow (maybe Dead Star and/or Butterflies?) then they are well and truly back to being perfect. Great to meet fellow Muse fans in the queue too and wear my 2013 purple tour t-shirt with pride.

Looking forward to tomorrow and eventually the new album!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BillyH said:

Haven’t posted here in a while, sad to see how quiet this place is now - the Reddit seems to be where it’s at these days.

As a huge Origin fan that was absolute heaven for me tonight, I’d seen Bliss at London Stadium on its surprise 2019 appearance and lost my mind to CE at that Shepherd’s Bush show, but when Matt suddenly sat down at the piano during the encore, I was confused - all that’s left must be TIRO and Knights, right? What on earth could he be about to…

…and that first note hits and I almost burst into tears. Space Dementia was the absolute #1 wish to see live for me, it was on my SBE top 10 and when I found out it was played at La Cigale I was devastated I’d missed it and thought I’d lost my last chance. Only its fourth play in fourteen years(!) and that ending was incredible, making me wonder why on earth it ever became a rarity and not mind the standard harmonica + Knights afterwards! Plus the mad appearance of The Gallery which felt like a fever dream, the new songs, overall just seeing them again for the first time in three years was enough but I wasn’t expecting it to be my third fave Muse gig so far! If they rotate the rarities tomorrow (maybe Dead Star and/or Butterflies?) then they are well and truly back to being perfect. Great to meet fellow Muse fans in the queue too and wear my 2013 purple tour t-shirt with pride.

Looking forward to tomorrow and eventually the new album!

This is so sweet to read. I totally understand how this feels. Getting CE at 2011 Lollapalooza as an American fan since 2003 was a life's wish granted. That must've been an amazing feeling tonight and I would die to hear SD live.

8 hours ago, czuczu said:

Shit bits: Not loud enough, sound was bit patchy. High ratio of utter bellends in crowd. 

I totally agree. Worst muse crowd I've ever been in. The surging up front was so intense. I'm used to crowd movement but nearly fell over twice from how bad it was. 

Great gig. Experience ruined by the crowd though

Edited by karentan

Really agree on the sound front, was no where near loud enough. I was quite far left one back from the barrier and I couldn’t hear Matt’s guitar most of the time, and barely heard his vocals too. The crowd was exceptionally loud though, singing every word of every song which was awesome!

11 hours ago, frankly_tart said:

Really agree on the sound front, was no where near loud enough. I was quite far left one back from the barrier and I couldn’t hear Matt’s guitar most of the time, and barely heard his vocals too. The crowd was exceptionally loud though, singing every word of every song which was awesome!

this might be the only con of a nearly perfect gig

jesus effin christ, that was awesome. I've never felt such a high level of energy in the crowd. everyone in rows 1-15 was really into it, singing every line, every riff - just magical. and everybody was jumping, moshing, it was just crazy.

Setlist immense, Assassin, CE, Bliss and then I nearly cried when Matt startet Space Dementia.

This was definitely worth all the hustle with flying to London early early in the morning, working the whole day from London and then flying back to Germany

Edited by blubb0r

Enjoyed last night. Didn't feel like a stonewall classic, but some very splendid bits. Agreed with a few above re the sound, Matt's guitar and piano were both very low in the mix where I was on night two (I didn't realise they were playing Citizen until the drums came in) and Space Dementia lacked those massive piano wallops, although I'm glad the guitar outro has survived, it was brutally heavy. Gallery was nice, but although rare, not particularly memorable. Not sure Won't Stand Down works as an opener either. Pressure can do one too, and I can't believe the Prelude+Starlight combo is still a thing. I was genuinely hoping they'd tear into Survival :D.

Assassin was terrific though now it's finally, after 16 years, back to how it should always have been. New Born was massive, and Map should never be allowed to go away again as it's probably – objectively – the best song they've ever written. Oh, and the Calm Like A Bomb riffing was immense. Does anyone know what the MOTP outro riffing was?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clunge said:

Assassin was terrific though now it's finally, after 16 years, back to how it should always have been. New Born was massive, and Map should never be allowed to go away again as it's probably – objectively – the best song they've ever written. Oh, and the Calm Like A Bomb riffing was immense. Does anyone know what the MOTP outro riffing was?

There were people on reddit that attended the gig and heard a distorted "KILL OR BE KILLED" in the outro