Sign in to follow this  
Claudia O

Cryosleep , by Matt Bellamy

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Interesting! A special album for Record Store Day. Seems he was in the studio for this, not Muse ... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNX1bzJDChw/?igshid=171zqkclsahaa

It’s mostly material he recorded over the last year + anyway tbf - Tomorrow’s World, Unintended, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Sim Theory soundtrack, etc.

Still, HOLY SHIT, psuedo-solo record!!!! Alternate TAB hyyyyyyype (even if we still can’t escape Guiding Light, boy’s just memein’ at this point). Imagine being told in 2009/10 that Matt would eventually acquire bloody Jeff Buckley’s legendary telecaster and the first thing he’d use it to record for would be a new version of Guiding Light.

HOW DO I FIND OUT WHERE TO ORDERRR

Edited by Jobby

47 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Imagine being told in 2009/10 that Matt would eventually acquire bloody Jeff Buckley’s legendary telecaster and the first thing he’d use it to record for would be a new version of Guiding Light.

"Guiding Light (On Jeff’s Guitar)" 

Like he knew the guy.... I'm curious though, definitely want to give that a listen, odd addition as it may be. 

Now TAB four hands piano... with sheet music... I want!! (Just gotta find an extra pair of hands) 

The reason or thoughts behind RSD is to go into a record shop and buy it there, not online 😎  ... online you‘ll find stuff AFTER the day, for horrendous prices 🙄 but I gues you know this anyway lol 

I do hate Guiding light.. 🙈

10 hours ago, Claudia O said:

The reason or thoughts behind RSD is to go into a record shop and buy it there, not online 😎  ... online you‘ll find stuff AFTER the day, for horrendous prices 🙄 but I gues you know this anyway lol 

I do hate Guiding light.. 🙈

Sorry, I more mean how do you find out which stores will have Matt‘s album? I’ve tried searching and can find stores in the UK taking part but dunno how to see which records they’ll have :S

do you have to email and ask?

Edited by Jobby

Just out of interest, which song would people have liked him to play on Jeff's guitar?

FAWY would have been my pick I think

22 minutes ago, Hat said:

Just out of interest, which song would people have liked him to play on Jeff's guitar?

Ooh, good question, out of old Muse songs?

Falling Down would maybe be #1. Then Shine, Endlessly, Hoodoo or even Starlight just behind. HCM could be a contender too.

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jobby said:

Sorry, I more mean how do you find out which stores will have Matt‘s album? I’ve tried searching and can find stores in the UK taking part but dunno how to see which records they’ll have :S

do you have to email and ask?

I don‘t know exactly, but I remember driving around on RSD for the Reapers Vinyl, asking in the partipicitating stores .. nobody had it 😒 we spent the whole afternoon driving around, just to find out in the end that my shop 5 min away from my home (by feet) took part, and had it! 👍

but it was a lovely sunny day, we had fun and found new stores we‘ve never been to before 😁

Edited by Claudia O

1 hour ago, Hat said:

Unintended, Falling down, City of delusion ..

2 hours ago, Jobby said:

Ooh, good question, out of old Muse songs?

Falling Down would maybe be #1. Then Shine, Endlessly, Hoodoo or even Starlight just behind. HCM could be a contender too.

Oh I would absolutely love a cover of Ewan McGregor's Endlessly.

• Like 1

Really hoping to snag a copy of this and the Jaded Hearts album that's dropping in June. Haven't had very good luck with RSD in the past.