Cryosleep , by Matt Bellamy

Claudia O

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Interesting! A special album for Record Store Day. Seems he was in the studio for this, not Muse ... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNX1bzJDChw/?igshid=171zqkclsahaa

It’s mostly material he recorded over the last year + anyway tbf - Tomorrow’s World, Unintended, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Sim Theory soundtrack, etc.

Still, HOLY SHIT, psuedo-solo record!!!! Alternate TAB hyyyyyyype (even if we still can’t escape Guiding Light, boy’s just memein’ at this point). Imagine being told in 2009/10 that Matt would eventually acquire bloody Jeff Buckley’s legendary telecaster and the first thing he’d use it to record for would be a new version of Guiding Light.

HOW DO I FIND OUT WHERE TO ORDERRR

Edited by Jobby

47 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Imagine being told in 2009/10 that Matt would eventually acquire bloody Jeff Buckley’s legendary telecaster and the first thing he’d use it to record for would be a new version of Guiding Light.

"Guiding Light (On Jeff’s Guitar)" 

Like he knew the guy.... I'm curious though, definitely want to give that a listen, odd addition as it may be. 

Now TAB four hands piano... with sheet music... I want!! (Just gotta find an extra pair of hands) 

The reason or thoughts behind RSD is to go into a record shop and buy it there, not online 😎  ... online you‘ll find stuff AFTER the day, for horrendous prices 🙄 but I gues you know this anyway lol 

I do hate Guiding light.. 🙈

10 hours ago, Claudia O said:

The reason or thoughts behind RSD is to go into a record shop and buy it there, not online 😎  ... online you‘ll find stuff AFTER the day, for horrendous prices 🙄 but I gues you know this anyway lol 

I do hate Guiding light.. 🙈

Sorry, I more mean how do you find out which stores will have Matt‘s album? I’ve tried searching and can find stores in the UK taking part but dunno how to see which records they’ll have :S

do you have to email and ask?

Edited by Jobby

22 minutes ago, Hat said:

Just out of interest, which song would people have liked him to play on Jeff's guitar?

FAWY would have been my pick I think

Ooh, good question, out of old Muse songs?

Falling Down would maybe be #1. Then Shine, Endlessly, Hoodoo or even Starlight just behind. HCM could be a contender too.

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jobby said:

Sorry, I more mean how do you find out which stores will have Matt‘s album? I’ve tried searching and can find stores in the UK taking part but dunno how to see which records they’ll have :S

do you have to email and ask?

I don‘t know exactly, but I remember driving around on RSD for the Reapers Vinyl, asking in the partipicitating stores .. nobody had it 😒 we spent the whole afternoon driving around, just to find out in the end that my shop 5 min away from my home (by feet) took part, and had it! 👍

but it was a lovely sunny day, we had fun and found new stores we‘ve never been to before 😁

Edited by Claudia O

2 hours ago, Jobby said:

Ooh, good question, out of old Muse songs?

Falling Down would maybe be #1. Then Shine, Endlessly, Hoodoo or even Starlight just behind. HCM could be a contender too.

Oh I would absolutely love a cover of Ewan McGregor's Endlessly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shame about the delay, was really looking forward to going in and picking it up on release day 💔

in other news, our Bellz has inevitably dipped into NFTs but I’m just glad it was at least for this and not Muse (though would absolutely not be shocked to see similar tomfoolery for LP9 either)

On 5/20/2021 at 7:31 PM, Timbo59 said:

Just stopping by to defend GL's honour. Still don't see how it's a bad song, especially compared with 90% of Drones.

if it was intentionally silly, I’d love it but, alas, I am doubtful and so my enjoyment must remain ironic

also only like 30% of Drones isn’t quality, I’ll have less of that slander

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

Writing this whilst listening for the first time:

Ok … I like this Unintended now, but still not Bridge over troubled water….

Tab piano for 4 hands  …. 🤣 then 😨🥰 🤣🤪😎😎😎😎😎 brilliant!!!!!!! Play it live, Morgan and Matt? 👍👏 Dabidabidabidabi…. 😂

Pray without the voice? Yesssssss! But the version with the voice is great too!

Guiding light … well, I hate this song …. The guitar is lovely, but I really hoped for an instrumental here … nope!

ST theme …..  yes, love it! 

Fever ….. I mean, yes yes yes yes! as we already knew 😊

Unintended lullaby ……. 🥰🥰🥰🥰 it‘s mesmerizing 

It‘s a wild mix of soft and  sci-fi -songs. But somehow, after first listen, it works. 

can‘t wait for the vinyl!! 

Edited by Claudia O
  • Like 1

Can’t tell how I feel about GL 😅 in theory, it’s gorgeous….but that’s just because I love Jeff Buckley and this *is* a Jeff Buckley impersonation in every way. Which I can’t tell if is a sweet ‘full circle’ type thing for Matt, or just kinda creepy. Needs some ponderin’.

Fucking humongous respect for the vocals on TAB though.

I LOVE Bridge Over Troubled Waters 😭

Take a Bow is a lot of fun!

Pray sounds a lot better than the previous release

I've always unironically loved Guiding Light so honestly I'm all over this cover 👌

Simulation Theory Theme could easily be the theme for a Mass Effect game (one of my favourite game series) - love the feel

Fever's alright, not really my kind of thing

Unintended lullaby is super sweet and precious

Edited by knightofcydonia

First sign-in ages but I had to comment on that four-hand version of Take A Bow, just brilliant. I honestly thought he would have played it half a step down. He nailed that final third so much. Even without the vocals it's a great little rendition.

1 hour ago, JimmyP117 said:

First sign-in ages but I had to comment on that four-hand version of Take A Bow, just brilliant. I honestly thought he would have played it half a step down. He nailed that final third so much. Even without the vocals it's a great little rendition.

Literally spent the entire second half just repeating “go on Matt lad” at increasing volumes

Shouldn’t really be a surprise that he can still achieve that in-studio tbf but I guess you get used to hearing it in a live environment so much that you think that’s all his voice can do.

The last harmony was gorgeous as well, was wondering how he’d pull that off as the song went on.

Edited by Jobby