DON'T tell Muse to mime.

ilikeyourcolours

My comment I posted on YouTube after watching that:

"Wow. Watching this "performance" truly shows how much energy they put into actual live performances, as it's bizarre to see that energy completely missing here. Whatever that saying is about not noticing/appreciating something until it is gone definitely applies here."

My comment I posted on YouTube after watching that:

"Wow. Watching this "performance" truly shows how much energy they put into actual live performances, as it's bizarre to see that energy completely missing here. Whatever that saying is about not noticing/appreciating something until it is gone definitely applies here."

True.

But then again, they do seem to put alot of energy into fake miming, which I also enjoy. :LOL:

True.

But then again, they do seem to put alot of energy into fake miming, which I also enjoy. :LOL:

hehe yea, I thought that after I wrote that, because I watched the Hysteria one, which I haven't seen before (Cheers to whoever posted that :) ). I just found it weird to see such a lifeless performance from them. It would've been awesome if they'd gone nuts on the Undisclosed Desires one too; put Morgan singing, Matt on bass, Chris on drums, and Dom on a violin/viola doing the synthy/stringy riff thing. And they could've had so much more fun with the crazy lights :awesome:

hehe yea, I thought that after I wrote that, because I watched the Hysteria one, which I haven't seen before (Cheers to whoever posted that :) ). I just found it weird to see such a lifeless performance from them. It would've been awesome if they'd gone nuts on the Undisclosed Desires one too; put Morgan singing, Matt on bass, Chris on drums, and Dom on a violin/viola doing the synthy/stringy riff thing. And they could've had so much more fun with the crazy lights :awesome:

I was a bit confused at first, it's very, non-museish to have a boring performance. I think it's funny when they all switch though, because the muse fans will all sit there laughing and everyone else won't get it. Crazy lights :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1VVB-zBkkk

In a way this one's miming. They were supposed to mime, but Matt somehow got them to let him sing. Dom and Chris switched places and Matt went on without a guitar.

pre-chorus win xD

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is epic!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2qKraB1lQ

this one is not nearly as good but still genious

matt -> drums (euh... sitting behind the drums and doing weird)

chris -> keyboard, backing vocals, guitar

dom -> vocals, bass

and the interview then is so funny

dom -> vocals, bass

I just still don't get how they can get through that miming without falling into the worst laughing fits ever :chuckle::LOL:

And then Dom pulling off that interview so cool... :cool:

"Our drummer here, Matt..." :LOL::LOL::LOL: *rofl*

pre-chorus win xD

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is epic!!!

dom -> vocals, bass

Matt is fantastic in this. His face.

I can see Dom sneak a smile in every so often actually, makes me chuckle. :LOL:

Don't tell them not to swear either, remember the Radio 3 performance of Feeling Good?

Actually,that wasn´t the case,at least according to what I was told back in the day.The concert was to be aired late at night,so why bother? Muse were simply pissed off because they asked to play without audience, Once again,we must remember that the tour wasn´t dubbed "Origin Of Chaos" without a reason...

In a way this one's miming. They were supposed to mime, but Matt somehow got them to let him sing. Dom and Chris switched places and Matt went on without a guitar.

I don't get that... they got to sing, so why did he decide to sing so badly? And I fully understand the audience who walked away...

The performance of "Uprising" on the Italian show had me rolling in laughter. It's just so funny watching Matt doing the drums and Dom doing the singing. xD

I don't get that... they got to sing, so why did he decide to sing so badly? And I fully understand the audience who walked away...

The performance of "Uprising" on the Italian show had me rolling in laughter. It's just so funny watching Matt doing the drums and Dom doing the singing. xD

1. to make a point: they don't want to mime so they let people know that

2. IT WASN'T BAD: IT WAS AMAZING

3. uprising, me too xD matt's everlasting sex face in in the song xD

next time they must mime they must wear panto-mime costumes or at least panto-mime make-up

1. to make a point: they don't want to mime so they let people know that

2. IT WASN'T BAD: IT WAS AMAZING

Exactly. Here's what Matt said about that show:

"wow! that was fucked... we just did that ONE BIG SUNDAY thing for radio one... what a farce! we turned up only to be told we had to mime, so we said no...then they said that mansun and JJ72 were miming, so we had to... well, i said, at least let me do the vocal live and they said ok... but! when we went onstage there was none (i mean absolute zero) vocal monitor, and it was so sudden we didn`t even have our instruments, so dom ended up on some strangers bass whilst chris decided to batter texas` drums and i had no guitar at all! and to top it off, when i battered one of their mikes they cut off the backing track and then started it again... basically it couldn`t have been more comical and disastrous, so we said fuck that and left before we were supposed to play another song... apologies to anyone who was expecting more than one song! cheers."

And it was amazing:D

I've seen them do a really serious mime on tv before but it was charity related so that's allowed because atleast something good is coming out of it and i've heard stories of them having to mime because they couldn't get all the equipment down or there was too much of it for really complex songs, these tend to be done seriously due to the complications.

pre-chorus win xD

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is epic!!!

dom -> vocals, bass

I've never actually watched the interview bit at the end...:LOL:

What was that Dom was saying about conspiracy theories?

Exactly. Here's what Matt said about that show:

"wow! that was fucked... we just did that ONE BIG SUNDAY thing for radio one... what a farce! we turned up only to be told we had to mime, so we said no...then they said that mansun and JJ72 were miming, so we had to... well, i said, at least let me do the vocal live and they said ok... but! when we went onstage there was none (i mean absolute zero) vocal monitor, and it was so sudden we didn`t even have our instruments, so dom ended up on some strangers bass whilst chris decided to batter texas` drums and i had no guitar at all! and to top it off, when i battered one of their mikes they cut off the backing track and then started it again... basically it couldn`t have been more comical and disastrous, so we said fuck that and left before we were supposed to play another song... apologies to anyone who was expecting more than one song! cheers."

And it was amazing:D

So Matt didn't mention the fact that he totally took the piss in his vocal then?

Or maybe he wasn't. Maybe that's what he sings like without a vocal monitor. :LOL:

Probably remembered Nirvana doing Smells Like Teen Spirit on TOTP, when Kurt Cobain sounded more like Morrisey :LOL:

Guest jessychickin
This one is still my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4oM36Ht1A

Mine too! Its like "Look no hands" & then the front roll just tops it all off :D

Love all the mimes though, especially the Uprising one on the Italian show, Dom - No Chords, Matt - EPIC FACE, EPIC FACE, EPIC FACE... Chris - Really into it :LOL:

& then Dom saying "Our drummer matt here" with a straight face <3

Archived