DON'T tell Muse to mime.

ilikeyourcolours

Just sat here cracking up at this article and thought I'd share it with you all.

In 2001, Muse appeared on the soon-to-be-canceled children’s series Live & Kicking to play their then-current single “New Born”. The BBC producers told the band that they had to pretend to play their instruments and that there couldn’t be any live vocals as well. So how does Muse respond in the performance video? Well, for starters, Bellamy spends the piano intro gliding his hands over the keys randomly. In case that didn’t get the message across, he soon starts waving his hands in the air, nowhere near the keys he’s supposed to be playing. Once the guitar kicks in, Bellamy makes some of the most exaggerated gestures possible during the intro riff and then spends the verse with his hands in the air while the rapid guitar section plays out of the speakers. Oh, and bassist Chris Wolstenholme switches places with Howard.

The best part of this video is just how absurd Bellamy’s behavior is. He holds his guitar upside down, randomly gestures to the audience, and literally rolls around on the floor for the last 30 seconds. Howard gets in some good moves too, as he jumps around, strumming the bass like a guitar.

Muse revisited these antics later on another TV series, including the famous performance of “Uprising” on an Italian TV show about football (Why Muse was performing on a football show, I have no idea) during which all three band members switched places, with Bellamy on drums, Howard on bass, and Wolstenholme on guitar. They not only did this for the song but for the short interview afterward, too. Both of these performances should serve as a warning to future TV producers. Let Muse get on with the show. Otherwise, they’ll embarrass you and have a laugh for themselves.

:LOL: God Bless Muse.

Full article: http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/08/03/youtube-live-dont-tell-muse-to-mime/

Don't tell them not to swear either, remember the Radio 3 performance of Feeling Good?

'fucking fucking fucking fucking little fucking fucking little fucking fucker, yeah'

Best Feeling Good ever!

Agreed! :D whenever i hear the song, i sing the "Fuck" verison, not the regular(:

In case that didn’t get the message across, he soon starts waving his hands in the air, nowhere near the keys he’s supposed to be playing.

(Why Muse was performing on a football show, I have no idea)

Both of these performances should serve as a warning to future TV producers. Let Muse get on with the show. Otherwise, they’ll embarrass you and have a laugh for themselves.

These quotes are just so :D

I knew the video but the article was a good read, thanks for posting that :)

What about this one? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oZTV42Npw

Same TV show as the infamous Uprising..... oh, and didn't they also do a straight playback version of UD on that french show a few months ago?

</random>

Matt's such a git! :LOL: But funny. I think they hate that programme. I wonder whether they were messing up the translator on purpose, a subtle way to get back at him for taking the piss. :LOL:

Archived