Chris: Muse to start New Album Next Year

Maneachicken

Where/when did you hear them talking about breaking up? I never heard anything like that :?

Anyway, I'm super excited about the new album! I'm very curios as to what they create this time :musesign:

Not sure, just heard it somewhere. Maybe my brain just made it up ahaha.:D

Yeah, me too!

Not sure, just heard it somewhere. Maybe my brain just made it up ahaha.:D

Yeah, me too!

I remember being loads of rumors about it, and maybe a quote from Matt or something. But even at the time it seemed much more like "we need a break" than "we're quitting Muse" which goes along with this interview, especially the "think the most time we've had off is about six weeks in the last 12 years, so we're due a break." bit. That kind of effort will wear anyone down.

I remember being loads of rumors about it, and maybe a quote from Matt or something. But even at the time it seemed much more like "we need a break" than "we're quitting Muse" which goes along with this interview, especially the "think the most time we've had off is about six weeks in the last 12 years, so we're due a break." bit. That kind of effort will wear anyone down.

Definitely true, especially with Chris and his family.

I don't know where he finds the time to have all of these children, hahahahaha.

Where/when did you hear them talking about breaking up? I never heard anything like that :?

It was never actually said but there was a stage where Matt kept discussing his future of becoming a hemp farmer (lol) and talking about a break.

When I first heard him say it, I thought he meant that they'd only had 6 weeks off in 12 years, but then I realised that he means a 6 week break is the longest they've had. Not many people in full time work get to take that, just 2 weeks here and there, but then with their lifestyle and the constant touring around, it's not surprising that they feel in need of a longer break and I agree that they deserve it.

When I first heard him say it, I thought he meant that they'd only had 6 weeks off in 12 years, but then I realised that he means a 6 week break is the longest they've had. Not many people in full time work get to take that, just 2 weeks here and there, but then with their lifestyle and the constant touring around, it's not surprising that they feel in need of a longer break and I agree that they deserve it.

Yes, most people I know are only allowed off 10 days in a year, but yeah, it's a different kind of lifestyle.

10 days? Wow. Over here most people get 20-25 a year (not all at once).

Kinda sucks. I think it's supposed to be like an entry level thing and the longer you work they add more days.... but idk, my friends have only been getting benefits cut. Like unpaid lunch hours, no overtime pay either, as time goes on. :wtf: Basically it's making me dreading working after I graduate.

10 days? Wow. Over here most people get 20-25 a year (not all at once).

Kinda sucks. I think it's supposed to be like an entry level thing and the longer you work they add more days.... but idk, my friends have only been getting benefits cut. Like unpaid lunch hours, no overtime pay either, as time goes on. :wtf: Basically it's making me dreading working after I graduate.

Veering kinda off-topic here, but it does depend on your company and how long you've been working there. I've been at my job (at a large nonprofit) for almost 6 years and I get 3 weeks of vacation a year (plus 10 paid holidays, one personal day, and oodles of sick time). If I make it to 10 years, I'll get 4 weeks of vacation a year. I think that's pretty standard in the US, so don't despair about working after graduation. ;)

Veering kinda off-topic here, but it does depend on your company and how long you've been working there. I've been at my job (at a large nonprofit) for almost 6 years and I get 3 weeks of vacation a year (plus 10 paid holidays, one personal day, and oodles of sick time). If I make it to 10 years, I'll get 4 weeks of vacation a year. I think that's pretty standard in the US, so don't despair about working after graduation. ;)

20-25 days is entry level here. We just take it for granted really. Anything less than that sounds like so little. But then I guess there are people out there who don't get any time off at all :(

20-25 days is entry level here. We just take it for granted really. Anything less than that sounds like so little. But then I guess there are people out there who don't get any time off at all :(

Like Muse, apparently! Although I would trade all the vacation time in the world for a job like theirs. :)

yes but who is gonna cope with a break in the tour!!!

I haven't been to any festivals where the boys headlined this year and was banking on next year

I won't survive it..... :'(:'(

utterly gutted

I haven't been to any festivals where the boys headlined this year and was banking on next year

utterly gutted

If you look at their archived tour dates, there hasn't been a year they haven't played some dates since 1994. They only did 17 in 2008 though. Maybe 2011 will be a similarly quiet year but you could still see them if you were lucky enough that they played in your country and/or were willing to travel.

utterly gutted

Well, you know.. there's more bands around worth seeing. (omg, blasphemy, hell, damnation! :rolleyes:) especially at festivals. Just go, have fun and hell, you might even fall in love with another band.

Archived