Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

"They take themselves too seriously."

"That singer is a pretentious weirdo."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's we fans who take them too seriously. Matt's pretty open about what a joke some of the songs are. They're all incredibly fun and laugh at themselves easily. I suppose that seems like a contradiction to the melodrama in their music, but people are multifacted, dammit. Just because you have depth and passion and play in a minor key doesn't mean you're all doom and gloom:rolleyes:

"All of their songs sound the same" :facepalm:

This is from a you me at six fan :erm:

:eek:

I've heard that too.

He said he had listened to Hysteria and SS:indiff:

He also said "Muse, isn't that a boyband"

I asked him why he thought that and he said "didn't you say they were all good ooking sunnyboys?"

I might have mentioned me having a cruch in them ;)

It's we fans who take them too seriously. Matt's pretty open about what a joke some of the songs are. They're all incredibly fun and laugh at themselves easily. I suppose that seems like a contradiction to the melodrama in their music, but people are multifacted, dammit. Just because you have depth and passion and play in a minor key doesn't mean you're all doom and gloom:rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!! :)

I've had many arguments with people who say that Matt sounds like a woman.. which can be true, but still :p

Awww, I love when Matt sings like a woman. :p

My guy doesn't like Muse because I love Matt more than him and he's wildly jealous.

Some of the most stupid people have said to me:

"...because."

"They sound and are gay"

"They're a rock band, so they suck"

"it's just noise"

"I hate rock sound"

"I hate anything that has classical elements"

:facepalm: ignorant twats

i call his head

:ninja:

*appears out of nowhere*

By head do you include face? I must claim his beautiful face

:LOL:

A reason why someone I know didn't like Muse is that, apparently, they only had "two good songs." Well of course that is what you would think if the only songs you knew from them, Starlight and Uprising, were the only ones they played on the radio! Lol she needed to expand her horizons :p I helped her with that though, and now she likes Muse. :rolleyes:

*appears out of nowhere*

By head do you include face? I must claim his beautiful face

:LOL:

A reason why someone I know didn't like Muse is that, apparently, they only had "two good songs." Well of course that is what you would think if the only songs you knew from them, Starlight and Uprising, were the only ones they played on the radio! Lol she needed to expand her horizons :p I helped her with that though, and now she likes Muse. :rolleyes:

i want his face and his mind. and his eyes. :ninja:

That's exactly what my brother says! It struck me as so weird, I can't believe other people say the same thing. :p

Wow, I thought my friend was weird, too! So there's more of them. Haha. Oh, but I managed to convert him in the end. :ninja::dance:

Just a thought... maybe people saying they don't like Muse because they never heard of them actually meant that they *couldn't* have liked them, since they, you know, never heard them? :erm: Though personally I just say "I haven't heard so-and-so band, what are they like?" instead of an outright "no."

And lol, Kirby. :LOL:

Tbh' date=' I can understand why people hate them.[/quote']

hate, I can't understand, but I can see why the utter soul-shattering awesomeness of some of their songs falls on deaf ears.

I sometimes have a hard time getting into new-ish music myself, because I formed such an emotional attachment to a handful of bands & composers when I was a teen, so if I were introduced to Muse today, rather than 7 years ago, I might not love them nearly as much. I dunno whether it works that way for other people or what.

If I like the way I feel when I hear a song, I like the song. Muse makes me feel myriad intense things and I obviously enjoy that. But I can hear very, very good music by other groups and not really like it much, simply because it doesn't "grab" me, emotionally.

hate, I can't understand, but I can see why the utter soul-shattering awesomeness of some of their songs falls on deaf ears.

I sometimes have a hard time getting into new-ish music myself, because I formed such an emotional attachment to a handful of bands & composers when I was a teen, so if I were introduced to Muse today, rather than 7 years ago, I might not love them nearly as much. I dunno whether it works that way for other people or what.

If I like the way I feel when I hear a song, I like the song. Muse makes me feel myriad intense things and I obviously enjoy that. But I can hear very, very good music by other groups and not really like it much, simply because it doesn't "grab" me, emotionally.

I actually kinda agree with this. Though I tend to like new music, it takes a really long time to really embrace something completely new. It gets harder as I get older as well as my tastes get more solidified. At the same time I try to make the effort to keep an open mind.

That being said, I really don't understand people that *hate* Muse. I can rationalize dislike of them but I can't see hating them at all. I wonder if it's because I'm such a huge Muse fan. :erm:

Archived