Matthew Bellamy Conspiracy Theorist

Ryne

How do you guys feel about Matt being a conspiracy theorist? Kinda upsets me that he's that out there, but meh...

How do you guys feel? And don't make it all political, I'm sry if you personally feel the need to be a douchebag and express your political opinions on a Muse forum. So keep it based on Matt plzzzzz.

9/11 Truth Movement

On August 26 2006, while playing live at the Reading festival, Bellamy wore a shirt with the text Terror Storm on it. While he did not talk about it at Reading, he was specifically asked about this in a later interview, and explained:

“ Go to Google Video, type in Terror Storm and you'll find a nice little surprise. It will shed some light on world affairs, put it that way. I'd rather point you in the direction than preach about it myself. [1] ”

Alex Jones, the creator of TerrorStorm, commended Bellamy [2]

Bellamy also commented, referencing the Campaign for a New American Century:

“ Are we really supposed to believe that a man in a cave in Afghanistan managed to orchestrate the most unbelievable attack on the United States of all time?

"I think 9/11 was definitely an inside job done by a group of high-powered people looking for an excuse to invade the Middle East for oil and other natural resources.

"I think America needed another Pearl Harbour-type event in order to invade Iraq. It gave the US and UK governments the perfect excuse to go to war.

I don't really think about his theories or whatnot, I listen to their music, but couldn't be arsed about stuff like this.

I think this all is a part of his "artistic" nature, he's a bit out there, he wouldn't write music like this if he wasn't.

I don't really care. :) Some of them are kind of interesting, but I don't believe any of them. Or I've yet to be convinced by any of them. I don't think matt believes many of them to be honest. Maybe the terror storm one, but others he seems to mention in interviews in a kind of "hey, isn't this weird yet cool" sort of way.

Anyone remember that time he was talking about the conspiracy theory he based exo politics on and couldn't talk because he was laughing so hard?

I don't really care. :) Some of them are kind of interesting, but I don't believe any of them. Or I've yet to be convinced by any of them. I don't think matt believes many of them to be honest. Maybe the terror storm one, but others he seems to mention in interviews in a kind of "hey, isn't this weird yet cool" sort of way.

Anyone remember that time he was talking about the conspiracy theory he based exo politics on and couldn't talk because he was laughing so hard?

The XFM thing? That interview was just one long piece of funny. :LOL:

I don't know, some are interesting, like HAARP, eta Reticuli and stuff, but the whole 9/11 thing is so boring now. I honestly don't care if it was a conspiracy or not, it will never be proven conclusivly either way. I mean, but its nice to have interests outside of music though.

The XFM thing? That interview was just one long piece of funny. :LOL:

Ha ha, yeah. I think my highlight was when the interviewer said that starlight sounded a bit like keane and dom went "oh god no!" Everybody hates keane. :happy:

What was that blokes name who thought that america was building space weapons? I always hear it then instantly forget it.

I just find the phrase "space weapons" hilarious. It sounds really star trek. Not that I watch star trek.

Well, honestly, thanks to Muse, (and unexplained-mysteries.com), I've been reading more about conspiracy theories, and some of them do have some good points.

Some, mind. Most of it is just funny to read :D .

Terror storm I hadn't heard of yet, though. Since I don't have the patience/time/mood to go and watch videos for it (especially ones that are over an hour long, and of which the page doesn't work, I can't be bothered to figure out why), does someone here know what the actual theory is? Or is it another "it's-all-the-governments-own-doing-THEY-DID-IT!" theory?

I loved the thing I once read about some conspiracist, who was at a conference specially for conspiracy theorists, and he got a heart attack (and died) while he was holding a speech. The amount of conspiracy theories that resulted in was amazing :LOL: .

Ha ha, yeah. I think my highlight was when the interviewer said that starlight sounded a bit like keane and dom went "oh god no!" Everybody hates keane. :happy:

What was that blokes name who thought that america was building space weapons? I always hear it then instantly forget it.

I just find the phrase "space weapons" hilarious. It sounds really star trek. Not that I watch star trek.

I've just had to go and listen to it again . It's Paul Hellier, ex-defence minister for Canada. This is one of the funniest interviews ever.

Haaaaaaa-liens! :LOL:

Why should it upset you? You smell

No, sorry. I don't care I have always liked all sorts of theories therefore I love his way of thinking and I am going to tell him so through a letter which is going to take me forever to write as I'm crap at writing :(

I've never really cared about conspiracy theories, but the ones I do know about are sort of amusing. I don't believe any of them, nor will I in the future, but it shows that his life isn't just about music. It's probably nice to firmly believe in something different, rather than what everyone else believes. Some conspiracies I just find downright stupid, though :p.

you should question why it worries you that some random person you otherwise admire is open-minded and not afraid of expressing ideas that are outside the norm

Matts quite brave to be so open about these things even though its obvious he's not 100% convinced about some of the stuff he's heard about or researched

there's increasing pressure from society to conform which should be resisted imo

/rant :D

How do you guys feel about Matt being a conspiracy theorist? Kinda upsets me that he's that out there, but meh...

Why does it upset you? It's up to him what he believes I don't really care as I don't know him.

Personally I find conspiracy theories really interesting there is nothing wrong with questioning what we are told.

you should question why it worries you that some random person you otherwise admire is open-minded and not afraid of expressing ideas that are outside the norm

Matts quite brave to be so open about these things even though its obvious he's not 100% convinced about some of the stuff he's heard about or researched

there's increasing pressure from society to conform which should be resisted imo

Well said

*applauds*

I do agree that there's increasing pressure to be 'normal', to conform to what the media says is alright. I also agree that it's something which should be resisted, which I'm happily joining in as well :happy:

And besides, conspiracy theories can be so cool, yet somewhat freaky, it'd be a shame to not know anything about it, or to 'condemn' people who do know something about it.

I've just had to go and listen to it again . It's Paul Hellier, ex-defence minister for Canada. This is one of the funniest interviews ever.

Haaaaaaa-liens! :LOL:

Paul Hellier! That's the one!

"hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-liens!" And then he spills some water on himself. Smooth, man. :happy:

I know it sounds wierd, but my dad's into all the conspiracies and stuff and i've got a few books on it, and I belive most of it, so, i'm quite glad that he's 'spreading the message' etc.

However, that isn't why I like Muse. I like Muse because of their music, not because Matt belives all the conspiracies.

Archived