Glasto '04 Vs Glasto 10

HenryW7

Which Glastonbury Performance did you prefer??  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Glastonbury Performance did you prefer??

• '04
    • '10

Personally I feel '04 was such a turning point in their career that '10 would've had a tough job topping it anyway. I enjoyed watching both but watching '04 felt like more of an event and has endured in my memory. But I don't feel right to comment completely as I wasn't physically at either.

Earl's Court :phu:

My friend and me had this discussion last night. We said we know it's not cool to say but Earl's Court was better than Wembley Stadium.

My friend and me had this discussion last night. We said we know it's not cool to say but Earl's Court was better than Wembley Stadium.

Absolutely agree. I was at both too (first night for both) and Earls Court left me feeling stunned. I enjoyed Wembley Stadium but it didn't have anything like the same effect on me.

Absolutely agree. I was at both too (first night for both) and Earls Court left me feeling stunned. I enjoyed Wembley Stadium but it didn't have anything like the same effect on me.

We agreed the first night at Earl's Court was possibly one of the best gigs we'd ever been to and it certainly beats both Wembley nights for me (I was at all four so feel like I can make a judgement :LOL:) - not saying those were crap of course, because it was still amazing but Earl's Court was on another level. Topped off a great year for Muse and me personally I think.

We agreed the first night at Earl's Court was possibly one of the best gigs we'd ever been to and it certainly beats both Wembley nights for me (I was at all four so feel like I can make a judgement :LOL:) - not saying those were crap of course, because it was still amazing but Earl's Court was on another level. Topped off a great year for Muse and me personally I think.

I wish I'd been able to go to the second Earls Court gig, I know a lot of people say it was better. Still, I was more than happy with the first night!:LOL:

I wish I'd been able to go to the second Earls Court gig, I know a lot of people say it was better. Still, I was more than happy with the first night!:LOL:

It's all personal preference really but I thought the first was waaay better. Being hungover probably didn't help on the second night but I still felt more of a connection on the first night. It did make me laugh at the time on this forum when people were arguing their night was better but weren't at both of them :LOL:

It's all personal preference really but I thought the first was waaay better. Being hungover probably didn't help on the second night but I still felt more of a connection on the first night. It did make me laugh at the time on this forum when people were arguing their night was better but weren't at both of them :LOL:

Ah that's interesting, I guess I assumed the second night was considered 'better' purely because that's the one they chose to include on the Abso dvd.

I thought I'd finally be able to participate in some 'my night was better than your night' banter after both Paris gigs this month but there was none!:LOL::LOL:

Maybe after both Wembley gigs......

Yeah, I voted for '04, but Time is Running Out '10 > Time is Running Out '04 all the way. That crowd was incredible, best sing-a-long ever.

I think they "sounded" a lot better this year. In my opinion Matt's voice was too distorted-ish during Glastobury '04 (if that's the right way to put it?). But performance-wise, yeah, one look at Stockholm Syndrome from '04 had me disappointed with '10. I think they should have pulled out more stops, although that U2 cover was mind-blowing. Energy-wise they're tied though, both years they couldnt' seem to stop smiling. I'm glad Dom looked like he was having a good time - and Chris with that pipe. :LOL:

And yeah, the setlist kind of sucked. Surprise, surprise. :p

Not a bad gig at all, just not '04.

Archived